Verified Expert in Engineering
Tomislav is a seasoned developer with more than a decade of industry experience. He has a diverse range of experience, having worked on projects such as developing algorithms for autonomous hypercar motion planning and building robots for non-destructive testing of nuclear power plant components. Tomislav's primary areas of focus and passion are software and algorithm development, but he also has experience in electronics and mechanical design.
Git, C#, Visual Studio
The most amazing...
...project I've done was to modify a production car and drive it autonomously on a race track.
- Developed desktop application solutions for the oil and gas industry.
- Created a 3D scanner using the photogrammetry approach.
- Built custom electronics for various applications.
- Worked on C# desktop applications for the oil and gas industry.
- Developed a system that automatically 3D scans objects using photogrammetry and a C# application that processes the resulting models.
- Developed applications for 3D visualizations of various objects related to the drilling process.
Motion Planning Researcher
- Developed motion planning algorithms in C++/CUDA for autonomous driving of a hypercars on a race track.
- Made a simulator of vehicle dynamics and track visualizations in C#.
- Reverse-engineered the direct control of production cars.
Embedded Software Developer
- Developed firmware for embedded systems according to automotive standards (TDD, ISO26262).
- Worked on product development according to automotive standards and methodology.
- Developed firmware for battery management systems.
INETEC | Institute for Nuclear Technology
- Developed a flexible C#/WPF application for controlling multiple manipulators and mobile robots from one modular interface.
- Wrote algorithms for path planning and optimizations of mobile robots in C#.
- Created an algorithm for tracking a mobile robot's position with a camera using the OpenCV library in C#.
- Created firmware for controlling various manipulators and mobile robots using C++.
- Developed firmware for an eddy current measurement instrument using Verilog on the FPGA, C++ on embedded Linux side and the application communication module in C#.
Co-owner | Embedded Developer
- Gained experience in startup organization and product development.
- Developed a smart electric bicycle with smartphone integration.
- Built a mobile application in Cordova that shows the bike status and allows changing of its parameters.
- Wrote firmware for controlling the motor and other peripheral devices using CAN communication.
.NET, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), .NET Core, Blazor
Microsoft Visual Studio, MATLAB, Git, Visual Studio
Windows App Development
Windows, Arduino, NVIDIA CUDA
Robotics, Motion Planning, Photogrammetry, Embedded Systems, Embedded Software, Internet of Things (IoT), Bluetooth, ESP32, Hardware, Cordova, Embedded Hardware, Machine Design, Electronics, NarrowBand Internet of Things (NB-IoT)
Master's Degree in Mechatronics and Robotics
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering - Zagreb, Croatia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring