Data Science Consultant2022 - PRESENTFractal
Technologies: Python, SQL, PySpark, Hadoop, A/B Testing, Experimental Design, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Pandas, NumPy, XGBoost, Predictive Modeling, ARIMA, SARIMA, Forecasting, ARIMA Models, Machine Learning, Quantitative Finance, Finance, Data Engineering, Scripting, Business Analysis, APIs
- Assisted a Fortune 100 company in developing a time‑series forecasting model in Python using XGBoost, capable of guiding customer interactions. The model I developed provided a 9% increase in accuracy over the incumbent solution.
- Performed A/B testing and decision science to develop high‑value business strategies and sales funnels. These strategies resulted in a 6% average increase in profit among the various platforms tested.
- Analyzed large-scale data sets with sizes of over 900 million rows with Spark and Hadoop.
Research Team Lead2021 - 2022MeridaLabs
Technologies: Python 3, Experimental Design, Research, Experimental Research, Management, People Management
- Designed experimental procedures for validating the economic viability of fuel-cell technologies. This resulted in the development of a novel high-temperature fuel-cell design.
- Spearheaded the fuel-cell technology branch of the research group. I was in charge of project management, experimental direction, hiring, and people management.
- Guided the research publication strategy for the team I oversaw. In my time here, I managed to publish eight distinct works.
Lead Data Scientist2021 - 2022MeridaLabs
Technologies: Python, SQL, Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Statistics, Experimental Design, Time Series Analysis, Predictive Modeling, ARIMA, SARIMA, Forecasting, ARIMA Models, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Scripting, APIs
- Invented a means of using time‑series data and machine learning to predict fuel cell failures, reducing downtime and maintenance costs. This is estimated to provide over $1 million in savings over the lifetime of a large-scale fuel cell plant.
- Performed economic modeling to estimate the cost of several varieties of hydrogen infrastructure based on scenario inputs. Using this model to optimize hydrogen infrastructure can result in a 30% cost reduction on the end user price of hydrogen.
- Maintained AWS infrastructure and implemented data modeling of databases for use in a data warehouse. This reduced database size by 40% and doubled the average query speed.
IT Contractor2007 - 2021TBHInnovation
Technologies: IT, System Implementation, Deployment, IT Consulting
- Deployed IT solutions rapidly to accommodate 100+ users in a strict high-security environment with more than 95% uptime.
- Led teams of more than 15 people for rapid IT deployment projects.
- Coordinated with businesses to determine IT infrastructure and security requirements for deployment at scale.