QA Lead2021 - PRESENTeBlu Solutions
Technologies: C#, .NET 5, Selenium, Visual Studio, Git, Azure DevOps
- Implemented new QA processes into a software development team that had little to no existing QA strategy. Created solutions for both manual and automated testing. New QA processes resulted in an 80% reduction in production defects.
- Led a small team of QA engineers with varying levels of experience and knowledge of automation. Honed their skills to grow them both as individuals and as contributors to their project teams.
- Brought automated test coverage from zero to 70% application coverage in the first six months.
Specialist Application Engineer | Test Automation Architect2020 - 2021Waystar
Technologies: C#, Visual Studio, .NET Core, Selenium
- Architected, developed, and implemented a new test automation platform to replace a dated and under-utilized legacy framework.
- Participated in the transition to a new framework by refactoring existing tests, working with individual teams to ensure the new solution met their needs and training teams who had no existing automation on the new pattern.
- Trained several QA team members, including some who were completely new to test automation, into capable test automation engineers.
QA Engineer2019 - 2020Farm Credit Mid-America
Technologies: Python, PyCharm, Azure DevOps, C#, .NET Core, Visual Studio, Octopus Deploy, Slack, Selenium, Selenium Grid, API Testing, Swagger
- Facilitated a transition from a test automation framework in Python to one in C# to better leverage team resources and existing infrastructure. Architected, developed, and implemented a new solution, and trained staff on its usage.
- Participated in a cross-functional Kanban agile team as a hybrid manual and automated test engineer.
- Integrated test automation with other tools used in the team's process, including TestRail, Azure DevOps, and Octopus Deploy.
QA Engineer2017 - 2019Dormakaba
Technologies: Python, TestRail, Jira, Bugzilla, Wingware IDE
- Created a test automation framework from scratch using Python to automate the testing of Windows desktop applications.
- Automated firmware testing of physical devices by creating automated tests on Linux-based microcontrollers connected to robotic testing interfaces.
- Authored and executed manual test cases using TestRail and Jira. Tracked defects encountered during test execution using Bugzilla.