Verified Expert in Engineering
Software Engineer and Developer
Tristan is a well-rounded, back-end software engineer with over seven years of experience. He has led design and implementation on several multi-month projects, including feature development on global-scale ingestion and analytics pipelines. Tristan is someone who naturally helps glue a team together by creating and leading team processes and providing a friendly, non-judgemental source of collaboration.
MacOS, Python 3, Scala, GitHub, GitLab, Datadog, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Snowflake, Microservices, Jira, Linux, AWS Lambda, Unit Testing
The most amazing...
...thing I've achieved was leading the GDPR compliance for a global-scale event ingestion and mobile engagement system.
Senior Software Engineer
- Chosen as a core back-end developer for a highly critical project for the org. Ramped up in under a month on an extremely complex Scala service.
- Made essential changes to the back end to support Azure as a new cloud offering for our https://terra.bio platform.
- Acted as the thought leader on observability, monitoring, and error detection.
- Pushed the org to use consumer-driven contract testing to replace some of our annoying integration tests.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and implemented a pipeline for ingesting hundreds of millions of data points from S3 into Snowflake, including monitoring and alerting via Datadog.
- Led a multi-month effort to productionalize a highly-complex linear TV ad shuffling algorithm written in Python by our data scientists.
- Planned and implemented a POC that led to the closing of a massive multi-million dollar contract with a large bank.
- Created and led team processes like retro, design reviews, sprint planning, and postmortems.
- Evangelized Snowflake as an analytics database and got the organization to adopt it for multiple separate projects.
Senior Software Engineer
- Designed and implemented a data model for our production data warehouse in Snowflake, used daily by our team of over a hundred data scientists.
- Delivered a multi-month project with very tight deadlines and shifting business requirements, centered around correctly reporting the contracted acres for that season.
- Led design and implementation on an enterprise service bus (ESB) using a Confluent-hosted Kafka endpoint and Scala microservices.
- Interviewed dozens of senior and principal back-end engineering candidates.
Software Engineer II
- Headed, planned, designed, and implemented our GDPR compliance effort. Delivered the new microservice and right-to-be forgotten mechanism on time and with no added computational or monetary cost to the system.
- Led an effort to change over our push messaging API calls from SNS to Google and Apple APIs. The successful implementation led to a tenfold increase in output of our push messaging services and significant cost savings from switching off SNS.
- Deleted thousands of lines of Scala code quickly and effectively from a business-critical system, processing tens of thousands of requests per second without any unintended side effects.
- Participated in the team on-call schedule and addressed production issues as they came up.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Developed an internal web app to help visualize and design cancer diagnosis panels.
- Wrote a variant call format (VCF) file parser in Haskell.
- Collaborated with laboratory technicians and built a workflow and UI to help them automate their tasks.
Michigan Medicine University of Michigan
- Developed a multi-step Python pipeline to process MRI images on a supercomputer.
- Automated processing of clinical data for use in academic research.
- Oversaw data-security measures for the research lab.
Grower-farm-field Data Warehouse
Flask, OAuth 2, Django
Pandas, Auth0 API, Vue, SQLAlchemy, Node.js, REST APIs, NumPy, React
GitHub, Auth0, Amazon CloudWatch, Git, GitLab, Terraform, CircleCI, Pytest, Jira, BigQuery, Amazon EKS, MATLAB, Kafka Streams, Apache Avro
Microservices, Automation, Application Architecture, Microservices Architecture, Unit Testing, DevOps
MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Apache Kafka, Azure
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL, Web Forms, BigTable, Datadog, MySQL, InfluxDB, Redis
Distributed Systems, Data Analysis, API Integration, APIs, Algorithms, Documentation, Back-end Development, System Architecture, Back-end, System Architecture Design, Data Visualization, Integration Testing, Charts, Tables, Optimization, Serverless, Big Data, Supercomputers, Data Engineering, Web Scraping, Full-stack, Machine Learning, Reverse Engineering, Technical Architecture, Architecture, Technical Design, Full-stack Development, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Route 53, Business to Business (B2B), User Experience (UX), Infrastructure as Code (IaC), AWS Cloud Architecture, AWS Certified Solution Architect, FastAPI, Statistics, Advanced Physics, Linear Algebra, Mobile Apps, Streaming, Videos
Bachelor's Degree in Physics
University of New Mexico - Albuquerque, NM, United States
Professional Data Engineer
Professional Cloud Developer
AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Amazon Web Services