Verified Expert in Engineering
Trust is a versatile software developer with over five years' experience building digital solutions for businesses in the edtech, fintech, and public sectors. He is passionate about working with high-impact organizations and teams to build user-friendly solutions.
Windows, PhpStorm, CLion, IntelliJ, Linux, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, PyCharm
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is an e-learning platform that supports live lecture streaming right from the browser.
- Developed PHP Doctrine DBAL client extension for a Leanxclae database S\server.
- Created unit, functional, and integration tests for the extension using PHPUnit.
- Documented, tracked, and mitigated over 30 Pdo/ODBC compatibility issues.
- Provided valuable feedback to the client, leading to an increase in the performance and reliability of the system.
- Optimized Dashboard load time from 30 seconds to a fraction of a second by refactoring existing Postgres DB queries and taking full advantage of table indexes.
- Completely revamped and redesigned the patient/provider Vuejs dashboard Using Tailwind CSS to match company goals and improve user experience.
- Served as Tech Director and directly managed the tech teams and all company IT infrastructure.
- Developed and oversaw the launch of a new Spring Boot back-end infrastructure that mitigated all existing problems and led to a more than 400% increase in new customer onboarding and a 90% increase in customer satisfaction for existing subscribers.
- Developed and deployed a feature that provided user engagement and a feedback environment.
- Engaged in pair programming and helped teammates on writing better test plans.
- Provided valuable insights that led to improvement of features and unblocking of tasks.
- Worked on features that enabled better platform management.
A Toptal Client (Video Transcription/translation Service)
- Designed and developed a back-end service that produces WebVTT transcriptions of any video supplied in a matter of seconds using Google Speech-to-Text and FFmpeg library.
- Implemented and deployed a feature that allowed an on-the-fly translation of audio/video transcription to any supplied language.
- Developed a user-friendly web app that integrates with the back end to enable seamless audio/video transcription and translation.
- Tested multiple audios/videos and edge cases to verify the algorithm's correctness and provide optimizations that can save cost and transcription time.
Data Analytic Automation Company (via Toptal)
- Identified, tracked, and fixed critical bugs across data connectors like ODBC, OCI, OLE DB using Jira and Rally as reporting tools.
- Automated, hardened, and deployed multiple integration, unit, and regression tests, ensuring system conformity with all related standards, guidelines, and customer requirements.
- Identified improvements for Excel data parsing, increasing the overall computational efficiency by 10%.
- Proposed and implemented fixes for software security risks.
- Established and maintained productive working relationships with teams remotely to resolve operational difficulties and promote a collaborative approach to customer service provision. This led to a reduction in total development time by 50%.
- Used Node.js to develop a WebSocket live video streaming server that handled over 100 concurrent connections for a live lecture.
- Tested and reviewed website design for responsiveness, clarity, and effectiveness.
- Collaborated with the marketing department to determine the organizational need and design pages to meet goals, improving customer satisfaction by 20%.
- Established presentation consistency across Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and other common browser interfaces.
- Developed a high-speed C++ fingerprint matching server to authenticate voters using fingerprints in a biometric e-voting election. This was used to authenticate over 24,000 fingerprints, each matching in less than 0.3 seconds.
- Built a microservice that generates acknowledgment receipt sent as a PDF attachment to voters' emails once the voting process is complete. This increased the voters' trust in the transparency of the platform by 45%.
- Used built-in Symfony components and PHP functions to sanitize passport image upload to the back end, providing 100% protection against malicious uploads.
- Devised an auto-documentation microservice for all API endpoints, detailing all aspects, functions, capabilities, and features. This reduced the manual effort by 95%.
- Modeled the real-time behavior of a local airport check-in process, leading to a deeper understanding of the check-in terminal traffic.
- Provided an alternative terminal arrangement that significantly decreased time spent in queues.
- Worked closely with the client to integrate the optimized arrangement into the local airport terminal.
Lead Software Developer
- Developed a PHP extension for an online biometric attendance system. The extension enabled matching over thousands of fingerprints in fractions of seconds on the back-end server.
- Integrated seamless fingerprint collections flow on the front-end, thus enabling accurate attendance tracking of thousands of users.
- Implemented test cases for false-positive and true-negative matching scenarios, leading to improved fingerprint matching with fewer false rates.
Biometric Fingerprint Authentication Server
Anonymous Group Chat
Toptal React Academy
Online Document Signing Service
I was the sole back-end developer.
-Call and SMS services
- Internet services
- TV subscriptions, e.g., DSTV, GOTV, and StarTimes
- Vehicle insurance
- Electricity bills
School News Portal
Symfony, Spring Boot, Thymeleaf, Laravel, Express.js, Bootstrap, Google Test, Flutter, Video.js, Next.js, MUI (Material UI), Jest, Qt 5, Eloquent, Flask, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Web Flow, Tailwind CSS, PHPUnit
Node.js, Vue, JSON API, REST APIs, React, SockJS, ODBC, OCI, Google Translate API, FFmpeg, Google Speech-to-Text API, jQuery, Doctrine, SQLAlchemy
PhpStorm, CLion, IntelliJ, Git, PyCharm, MinGW, Excel 2013, Jira, Rally, Knex.js, Webpack
Agile Software Development, B2B, Object-relational Mapping (ORM)
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows, Linux, Heroku, Shopify, Oracle, Android, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Docker
Databases, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, JSON, PostgreSQL, MSSQLCE, Redshift, Relational Databases, PHP Data Objects (PDO)
Software Development, WebSockets, Catch2, APIs, API Integration, System Integration, App Integration, Integration, Web Development, eCommerce, Web Scraping, Architecture, Browser Plugins, Chrome Extensions, Full-stack, Springbot, SimPy, PHP Extensions, OLE DB, Embedded Software, Data Transcription, TypeORM, DocuSign, SSL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Statistics
University of Nigeria Nsukka - Enugu, Nigeria
Toptal React Academy Graduate