Verified Expert in Engineering
System Architecture Design Developer
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a content management system for The Honest Company that allows changing the look of apps and the website without deploying any code.
- Implemented a new version of checkout supporting recurring subscriptions using React and microservices built in Node.js, TypeScript, and GraphQL.
- Integrated new warehouses to expand coverage. Integration performed with a serverless back end built on Node.js and TypeScript.
- Conceptualized and implemented a customer service tool that enables appeasements for customers.
- Conceptualized and led the development of a mobile app built in React Native.
- Owned the management and hiring process of a team of developers, a QA engineer, project manager, UX designer, and product manager.
Chief Technology Officer
- Developed the concept for the Theragun app (available on the App Store and Play Store) to support business initiatives. Led the development of the app's back end in Node.js with integrations with Twilio, Salesforce.com, and an eCommerce platform.
- Led concept-to-implementation of a consumers' unique experience app on corporate offices, gyms, hotels, and the like. Led the development and integration with Salesforce, eCommerce platforms, Twilio, SendGrid, Node.js, AWS SQS, Lambda, and more.
- Created and developed a unique affiliate program to support business needs that enables a seamless connected experience from the mobile app to the website using text messages and emails. Technologies used: Node.js, React Native, and AWS SQS.
- Built the technology team comprising of developers, project managers, product managers, QA engineers, and more from the ground up.
- Developed a serverless eCommerce alerting and monitoring system to keep track of orders within the system.
- Oversaw hiring of multiple engineers, QA engineers, UX and product manager for Salesforce Commerce Cloud development, mobile apps development, and site development.
Chief Technology Officer
- Developed the back end of a restaurant curation mobile app using Golang, AWS Lambda, PostgreSQL, and Elasticsearch.
- Defined the process for software development within the company.
- Grew the team to five engineers working on Golang, React Native, React, and the like.
- Hired and managed a team of eight engineers for the development of the web app and mobile app (iOS and Android).
Senior Director of Software Engineering
- Oversaw the web platform, back-end platform, and mobile engineering teams responsible for all eCommerce websites and mobile apps. Planned, architected, and developed strategic projects with engineering, product management, design, and UX teams.
- Oversaw projects and launch plans, development, and technical eCommerce operations for $300 million annual revenue-generating websites.
- Developed an API-driven content management system that allowed design and UX teams to change the look and feel of the website and mobile apps without deploying a single line of code.
- Planned and launched Honest Formula and Honest Beauty market verticals for the company.
- Rearchitected the website and platform to be scalable to support three million visitors daily. Made the website mobile-friendly to grow revenue.
- Oversaw a team of 15 engineers and QA engineers and was responsible for the technical leadership of Honest Company websites and mobile apps.
Senior Software Engineer and Architect
- Developed and architected a continuous integration platform that supported running test suites with over 40,000 unit tests and 2,000 selenium tests in parallel every time an engineer committed code. This system was able to scale horizontally.
- Developed a framework and system to import customer's data from their previous system into AppFolio to get customers on-boarded on the platform within 30 minutes.
- Developed a rental listing platform for a multi-tenant system. Developed a unique way to post listings on Craigslist.
- Developed a platform for rental applications for a multi-tenant system.
- Developed a way to scalable to deploy code on a multi-tenant architecture platform across hundreds of servers to support tens of thousands of clients.
- Developed custom reporting and accounting components within the system.
Content Management System for Honest and Honest Beauty.comhttp://www.honest.com
I worked with the design and UX team to come up with requirements and a framework that they could design on, making sure that the system would be able to support them. I also worked with the product team to define the requirements clearly.
We launched the project successfully, on time, and the architecture was adopted by the main honest.com website soon after, a project that I led as well.
Scalable Architecture for The Honest Companyhttp://www.honest.com
Customized Shopify Checkouthttp://www.hellobello.com/pages/checkout
Automated Data Migration Tool
Salesforce Talk and Blog | How Theragun Is Building 21st Century Customer Experienceshttps://www.salesforce.com/blog/2019/09/theragun-21st-century-customer-experience.html
The architecture comprised of Salesforce commerce cloud, a mobile app (written in React Native), and an API back end (written in Node.js). I integrated them with Salesforce.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, Twilio, and more, to provide a seamless experience for customers and access to all pertinent data of the organization in one place.
GraphQL API Back End in Golang
Salesforce Gem for Railshttps://github.com/appfolio/activeforce
eCommerce Monitoring and Alerting System Using Serverless Architecture
Customer Service Portal
GraphQL API Back End for a Serverless Architecture for an IoT company, UVAngel, Inc.
The back end integrated with a custom MongoDB database and Cognito for authentication and also with an AWS IoT for device information.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Jest, Ant Design, React Native, AngularJS, Selenium, Capybara, minitest, Express.js, Serverless Framework
React, Node.js, Shopify API, Antd, Slack API, Salesforce API, Twilio API, Braintree API, Stripe
Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile, Scrum, REST, Serverless Architecture, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, DevOps, Kanban, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Continuous Delivery (CD), Functional Programming, Unit Testing
Shopify, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, Contentful, Twilio
Databases, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MySQLdb, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, Elasticsearch, Redis Cache, Amazon DynamoDB
Serverless, APIs, System Architecture Design, eCommerce, Apollo Server, Mobile Apps, Caching, Amazon API Gateway, BrainTree, Content Management Systems (CMS), Deployment, Responsive UI, Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
React Apollo, Git, GitHub, Sentry, Shopify Plus, GoLand, Slack, Airbrake, Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCI
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science
University of California - Santa Barbara, California
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Delhi College of Engineering - Delhi, India
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring