- DeveloperThoughtbot2014 - 2017
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Elixir
- Developed products.
- EngineerGeneral Assembly2013 - 2014
- Extracted services off of a monolithic Rails application.
- Refactored code improving GPA by ~33% in core Rails app.
- Built Front Row as part of a great team. Within six months, it was profitable.
- Paired with/taught best practices to interns.
- Developed work flows and defined best practices for my team.
- Lead DeveloperChef Surfing2012 - 2013
Technologies: Ruby, Rack, Rails, Backbone.js, Git, PostgreSQL, Heroku
- Designed and developed chefsurfing.com.
- Discussed and influenced the shape of the startup's MVP.
- Improved the app's test coverage and code quality.
- Automated processes for CI, deployments, exception notifications, and team communication.
- Developed a language inference algorithm to decide which version of the site to show each visitor.
- Lead DeveloperClaris LPB2009 - 2013
Technologies: UNIX, Delayed_job, Passenger, Capistrano, MySQL, Rails
- Built a database and web interface to structure and query millions of measurements coming in different formats from thousands of weather stations across South America.
- Performed statistical tests on data to find user input errors and notify accordingly when scripts found outliers or "weird" values.
- Successful client-developer relationship: Translated her requests into features and suggested next steps for their web app.
- Automated several processes that the Claris team used to do manually.
- Physically set up the server hardware and software that hosts the web app.
- Lead DeveloperFANUS - Foro de la Alimentación, la Nutrición y la Salud2009 - 2011
Technologies: UNIX, Passenger, Capistrano, MySQL, Rails
- Developed the first production Rails application starting from version 2.3.3---the app is still online and being maintained.
- Built it from the ground up taking care of DNS, servers, software stack, design, etc.
- Maintained a successful client-developer relationship: Translated the client's requests into features and suggested the next steps for their web app.
- Moved the app from hard-to-maintain static HTML files into CakePHP Spike and finally into Rails when we saw it was mature enough.
- Automated several processes that the FANUS team used to do manually.
- Co-founderE2design2004 - 2009
Technologies: PHP, Ruby, Rails, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Subversion, Git, Dreamhost, DigitalOcean, Capistrano
- Operated my own web development company, taking care of sales, client support, web development, hiring services, and code reviews.