- Co-founder | CEO2017 - PRESENTAnymod
Technologies: Node.js, Vue.js, AngularJS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, AWS, Heroku, Webpack, Gulp, Bootstrap
- Managed and was responsible for all the technical aspects: front-end, back-end, database, infrastructure, authentication, payments, and more.
- Hosted more than 2,000 projects with > 99.99% uptime.
- Built a user dashboard, admin dashboard, and marketing pages with Vue.js.
- Developed an API back-end with Node.js and Hapi.js.
- Wrote guide documentation with Hexo.js.
- Designed a database schema and indices; optimized the queries for speed and scale; added a caching layer in front of the database for high-frequency performance. Using a combination of PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Integrated with many third-party tools, including Stripe, Google Authenticator, SendGrid, Postmark, Keen IO, Intercom, FullStory, Heap, Algolia, and more.
- Co-founder | CEO2015 - 2017eeosk
Technologies: Node.js, Angular, PostgreSQL, Redis, Heroku, AWS, Hapi.js, CoffeeScript, Elasticsearch
- Built an eCommerce platform which enables anyone to create an online store.
- Developed a custom eCommerce checkout flow with Stripe and PayPal integrations.
- Created an API back-end on Hapi.js and Node.js.
- Developed a product ingestion engine to take product CSVs from suppliers and feed them into our database of products, an index for searching, and manage the inventory levels.
- Raised $200,000 angel financing and grew the seller base to over 500 stores before pivoting to Anymod.
- Associate, Venture Capital2010 - 2017Capricorn Investment Group
Technologies: Evaluating a variety of technologies.
- Worked in a five-person team to invest and manage several hundred million dollars.
- Performed due diligence and made investment recommendations from $500,000 to $50 million in size.
- Software Development Intern2008 - 2008NEC Labs China
- Designed and built a prototype Java application for editing Japanese newspapers; the firm later allocated four full-time engineers for commercial development.
- Worked with top management to develop their concept and flush out UX concerns with their customers.
- Lived in China for the summer and explored the country.
- Research Engineer2003 - 2006Georgia Tech Research Institute
Technologies: MATLAB, LabView, SolidWorks, ANSYS
- Designed the guidance hardware and algorithms for a missile defense system.
- Built the hardware and software for automated progression through a matrix of test runs for a projectile in supersonic airflow.
- Conducted a data analysis and regression on large data sets to learn about projectile performance under a variety of conditions.
- Performed a finite element analysis (FEA) on designs for the 50,000-g acceleration projectile launch.
- Oversaw the construction of 13 prototype projectiles for test fire at the Army Research Lab.
- Led a team in the design and construction of supersonic nozzle and transonic wind tunnel facility.