Verified Expert in Engineering
Game Development Developer
Tyson is a skilled C++ specialist with over 12 years of industry experience. His background in the game industry, consumer electronics, and scientific simulation has given him a robust toolset—enabling him to tackle a wide spectrum of problem domains. He loves the challenge of reducing complex problems to simple, very usable solutions. He has worked on team sizes ranging from solo projects to hundreds of people.
Visual Studio, Perforce, Mercurial, Git
The most amazing...
...thing I’ve designed and built was an optical simulator described as world-class by industry experts. My team vastly preferred it to the ($50,000/seat) standard.
- Wrote a high-performance physical ray tracer/optical simulator; used C++, STL, and TBB.
- Developed a visualizer for the ray tracer; used C++, Qt, OpenGL.
- Authored a real-time reflection library; used C++ and XML.
- Independently developed from scratch the game PlanNet, a casual RTS with a unique and addictive gameplay mechanic; used SDL and OpenGL 2.0, with C++ 11, STL, and Boost.
- Developed automated trading software and optimizer; used C++, STL, and MQL4.
- Developed an image-enhancement GPU shader for use in console and arcade emulators; used C++, OpenGL, and GLSL.
- Wrote the majority of the UI for European TVs; used C++ and PEG.js.
- Maintained a 2D software rendering library that was used by all the TV models; used C++.
- Built a Full HD animated menu, using software rendering that ran at 60 frames per second. Before the project began, it was deemed impossible to run at a reasonable framerate at all; I used C++ and ASM/SIMD (Arm Neon).
Optical Simulator | Oculus VR
The performance of both the simulation and visualization wound up being hundreds of times faster than the existing software and my clients (a team of PhD optical researchers) couldn't have been happier!
Meta | Oculus VR
Full HD Animated Menu | Toshibahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eQvjH0xF60
I wanted to see if the original, animated design could be implemented. It turned out, with enough optimization, it could!
Boost, Qt, ASM, PEG.js
OpenGL ES, SDL, OpenGL, Standard Template Library (STL), Intel TBB
Microsoft Visual Studio, Direct3D, Git, Mercurial, Perforce, Visual Studio
Concurrent Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile, Functional Programming
Optimization, Game Development, SIMD, WebSockets, Embedded Systems
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Williams College - Williamstown, MA, USA