IT Consultant2015 - PRESENTFreelance
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), CentOS, Ubuntu, Linux, MySQL, PostgreSQL, C#, AWS, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL, Database Administration, Database Administration (DBA), T-SQL, PostgreSQL 10.1, SQL Server DBA, MariaDB, Galera Cluster, HAProxy, Patroni, Always On, Database Optimization, SQL Performance, Performance Optimization
- Provided remote database administration for Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. Installed high availability with Always-On, Galera Cluster, and Patroni.
- Worked as a database developer, and business intelligence developer.
- Fixed performance problems for SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB.
Senior Database Developer2020 - 2020Boost Labs (via Toptal)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Database Administration, Database Administration (DBA), AWS, Database Development, Data Warehousing, Database Optimization, Database Table Optimization
- Worked on a data warehouse application as a database developer in a SCRUM team.
- Fixed reported bugs and optimized slow-running stored procedures or queries.
- Managed test and production database environments on AWS RDS.
PostgreSQL Developer | Database Administrator (DBA)2019 - 2019CompuSystems
Technologies: CentOS, HAProxy, PostgreSQL, Database Administration (DBA), Database Administration, SQL, Linux
- Installed and configured Etcd (distributed key-value store) on three Linux nodes.
- Installed and configured HAProxy to load balance PostgreSQL nodes.
- Installed and configured Patroni to manage highly available PostgreSQL nodes.
- Created some Bash scripts for backups, deleting old files, and so on.
Senior BI Developer2017 - 2018Libertex
Technologies: AWS EC2, Klipfolio, SSRS, C#, MDX, SSAS, SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server DBA, Database Optimization, Database Table Optimization, Database Administration, Database Administration (DBA), Database Development, Data Warehousing, SQL, T-SQL
- Served as part of the OLAP Scrum team and contributed to various business intelligence problems at every sprint.
- Migrated Microsoft SQL Server from version 2008 to 2016.
- Led a SQL Server optimization project and fixed perfonmace issues on highly concurrent production server.
Senior Database Developer2016 - 2016Telesure Insurance
Technologies: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008
- Designed databases, developed data manipulation layers, and contributed to performance tuning.
- Contributed to database administration, creating SSRS reports.
- Analyzed new database-related issues, bugs, features, and change requests.
- Assisted application developers and integration developers on database-related issues.
- Participated in meetings with project managers, the IT manager, and department managers.
- Assisted the HR manager and IT manager in selecting database developer candidates and interviews.
- Managed database development team and trained junior members.
Software Development Supervisor2015 - 2015Radore Datacenter
Technologies: SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, VMware, Entity Framework, C#, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server 2012
- Managed a team of five developers, 4 back-end developers and 1 front-end developer.
- Detected that most of time developers are required to prepare ad-hoc reports and comsuming most of time to prepare these reports, that's why installed SQL Server Reporting Services and created these reports so users left the developers alone.
- Interacted with company wide users for problems or to discuss new service requests.
Senior SQL Developer2013 - 2015KLM
Technologies: Business Objectives, Microsoft Access, C#, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008
- Developed ETL and ELT processes with MS BI Studio and T-SQL.
- Developed staging, warehouse, and data-mart databases for multiple projects.
- Processed raw data, then made them regular in warehouse databases.
- Supported database for business objects.
- Designed user interfaces for end-users.
- Monitored the database system and took action quickly when an error or bug existed.
- Checked the steps for huge updates to make them faster.
- Managed the update processes of databases, maintained databases, and created reports.
- Migrated old versions of SQL Servers to the latest version and merged various warehouses.
Owner2012 - 2015Bunjil
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), IIS, Windows Server, C#, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008
- Developed a database monitoring and optimization tool for Microsoft SQL Server with C#.
- Provided database optimization consulting for Evrim Software Company and ERP customers of Evrim as well as Infinity Software Company.
- Migrated Infinity Software Company's application to Amazon Web Services.
- Trained developers of my clients in T-SQL, SQL Server, Windows, IIS, and database optimization.
- Optimized SQL Server for Dynamics NAV for the Basbug Company.
Lead Developer2003 - 2012Zargan Turkish Glossaries
- Met the software needs of www.zargan.com using ASP, VB, and SQL Server.
- Managed and maintained the database, providing regular backup services.
- Ensured the security of the servers and maintained the servers. Took care of hardware upgrades and hosting services.
- Used classic ASP to develop an algorithm that publishes ads based on more than ten criteria.
- Developed various other algorithms, including an algorithm that suggests similar terms to users.
- Continuously fine-tuned the code.
- Served more than 4 million unique visitors a month using a single server.
- Managed joint projects with business partners and developing or outsourcing.
Shareholder1999 - 2003Cin.Net Internet Services
Technologies: Windows Server 2000, Windows NT, Visual Basic, Classic ASP, SQL Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server
- Developed and marketed the concept and software of a B2B application for transportation companies.
- Wrote the code of www.gumrukmevzuat.com.
- Obtained the data from business partner Evrim’s. servers through replication, and served that data after various processing steps.
- Developed and marketed software applications for various eCommerce and corporate websites.
- Developed a web-based B2B application for digitizing the communication for the company OKI.
- Developed a B2B and B2C application and Windows service for Borusan Logistics.
- Used classic ASP, Visual Basic, SQL 7, and SQL 2000 to develop the website, admin panel, and ad server for www.zargan.com.
Developer | Database Administrator (DBA)1997 - 1999EBI
Technologies: IIS, Windows NT, Visual Basic, Classic ASP, SQL Server 2005
- Worked as a database administrator and developer at this company, which had twice, unsuccessfully, outsourced a project for developing Turkey’s first eCommerce website. I completed this project in collaboration with the in-house personnel of the company.
- Designed the database of Ideefixe.com using SQL Server 6.5 and 7,.
- Developed and maintained its back-office applications (order tracking, sales, returns, publisher tracking, procurement, and so on).
- Developed a CAPTCHA algorithm for the security of the contents of Ideefixe.com.
- Developed the web interface of the system.
MIS Manager1997 - 1997Empa
Technologies: 4GL, Windows 95, Novell NetWare, Windows NT, Visual Basic, SQL Server 2005
- Performed the following duties as a management information systems manager at this company, which was acting as a distributor of several brands including Intel.
- Managed the ERP system of the company, trained employees.
- Cooperated with my team to solve the software-related problems of more than 100 employees at the headquarters.
- Modernized the outdated Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Designed and produced the reports needed by department managers for decision-making.
IT Manager1995 - 1997Johann Birkart International Transport
Technologies: 4GL, Novell NetWare, MS-DOS, Windows
- Managed the ERP system of the company and trained employees.
- Solved all IT problems of employees working at the headquarters and at branches.
- Managed existing IT systems and modernized them when necessary.
- Managed the existing computer network (Novell Network).
- Produced reports for managers.
Programmer1993 - 1995Minerva
Technologies: Windows, 4GL, Clipper
- Used the Clipper language to add an International Transport Management module to Johann Birkart’s existing ERP system.
- Added a new module to Set Concrete Company’s existing ERP system with the Clipper language.
Assistant IT Manager1991 - 1993Tekser Construction
Technologies: Windows, 4GL, Visual FoxPro, Novell NetWare, MS-DOS
- Solved the IT problems of the more than 100 users at the headquarters and users at the company’s Turkish sites.
- Managed the existing computer network (Novell Network).
- Developed an application that uses FoxPro to extract data from the company’s existing employee management software, convert it into a format specified by the bank, and deliver the resulting data.
- Used FoxPro to develop an application that manages the delivery of materials to the company’s international sites.
Programmer1991 - 1991Arkman Technologies
Technologies: Unix, MS-DOS, COBOL
- Developed software applications for tourism companies using COBOL.