Technical Consultant2016 - 2016MasterCard
Technologies: AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Protractor, Bamboo, GitLab, JIRA
- Developed new features and provided technical consultation for MasterCards eCommerce and payment solutions (AngularJS, HTML5, SASS).
- Gained experience with the Kanban approach using JIRA.
- Performed version control and code review with Crucible.
- Monitored builds using Bamboo.
- Implemented the upkeep of protractor smoke tests.
- Translated PSD designs into code, working closely with designers.
Technical Lead2015 - 2016CoderDojo
Technologies: AngularJS, Node.js, PostGres, Jenkins, GitHub, AWS, Protractor
- Led the development and project management of a community open source project and all other CoderDojo platforms.
- Cultivated open source community engagement and promotion of project; also onboarded developers.
- Evangelized about CoderDojo and organized tech community events.
- Oversaw the system administration of all CoderDojo software, used by 850+ clubs in 60+ countries.
- Deployed, tested, and supported the roll-out of new applications and bug fixes.
- Devised, reviewed, curated, and rated technical content used in Dojos around the world.
- Wrote procedural documentation and provided relevant reporting on progress.
- Analyzed database statistics and conceived plans for expanding the use of the community system.
- Implemented new urgent updates to the system when required.
- Identified and curated partnerships with fund sources/alliances where relevant.
- Interviewed and assessed assignments for new hires.
Instructor2015 - 2015Coding Grace
- Mentored at classes teaching Ruby on Rails.
- Mentored at classes teaching Python.
- Mentored at a class teaching Git in collaboration with GitHub.
Senior Web Developer2012 - 2015Daft.ie
Technologies: PHP, HTML5, CSS3, Github, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Jenkins, AngularJS, PHPUnit, AJAX, REST
- Built an API for internal use (using HTML5, CSS, Elasticsearch, AngularJS, Solr, and PHPUnit).
- Developed the Daft API for mobile developers.
- Received formal Scrum training, managed the backlog, and prioritized tasks.
- Trained junior developers, was responsible for projects being completed, and delegated tasks.
- Reviewed coding assignments and conducted interviews of potential candidates.
- Did peer code reviews—complying and encouraging compliance of coding standard.
- Ensured the smooth releases of projects.
- Maintained and optimized a large MySQL database.
- Generated statistics for marketing department.
- Improved scam/spam protection and security for the site.
- Analyzed site data from Google Analytics, Webmaster Tools, XHProf, and browser plugins to improve site speed.
- Performed version control using Git.
- Deployed code.
- Monitored builds using Jenkins.