Full-stack Developer2022 - PRESENTMotional
Technologies: Laravel, PHP, Vue, Eloquent, Optimization, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Optimized database queries to reduce query times by as much as 99%. Implemented indexes at strategic points to reduce the server bill and increase scalability.
- Implemented new features ranging from server-side value additions to interactive front-end functionalities using Vue, Inertia, and Vite.
- Implemented enhancements to Laravel Nova using actions.
- Used Refine and Vue to duplicate filters and charts and create reports from them while keeping good performance in mind.
Web Application Developer2021 - 2022Hustleboard
Technologies: Zendesk API, Salesforce API, MySQL, Amazon Product Advertising API, Amazon Seller Central, Amazon API, OAuth, PHP, SQL, Optimization, Web App Security, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST APIs, REST
- Connected several APIs to their dashboard, including Amazon Advertising, Amazon Seller Central, Zendesk, and Salesforce.
- Implemented best practices in the custom-PHP app, including migrations, environment management tools, etc. Advised ways to secure the app and improve its performance.
- Linked various metrics with the existing dashboard and collaborated with the company's clients to best implement their requirements.
Full-stack Laravel Developer2020 - 2021Sideline Learning
Technologies: PHP, Laravel, Multitenancy, Test-driven Development (TDD), APIs, Eloquent, SQL, MySQL, Optimization, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), REST APIs, REST
- Coded using test-driven development (TDD) for their multi-tenant web app in Laravel.
- Integrated background checks via a third-party API and created database design and process flow for this.
- Set up tests using MySQL (SQLite driver not being present). Used strategy of rolling back transactions after each test to save running time on MySQL instead of running migrations repeatedly.
Senior Web Developer2020 - 2021Dentulu
- Moved uploads to automatically go to AWS S3 across the big application and retrieved from there. Created a system to enable other developers to easily extend this for the quickly growing app.
- Enhanced database processes to use more modern methods.
- Discovered security issues in various areas and closed them using modern best practices.
- Integrated APIs to work with the flow of the application.
- Optimized the PHP code for speed and a better design using best practices. Created processes for others to follow.
- Implemented a store system with functionality for multiple vendors, shops, and offices.
- Conducted the implementation of a very customizable affiliate system.
- Handled the implementation of a subscription system for tokens to be used for purchases and refund functionality.
PHP Web App Developer2019 - 2020Loopr (via Toptal)
- Improved performance by 10 times by improving the code and optimizing the database.
- Fixed many bugs and issues that improved revenue, reach, and brand image.
- Updated the database structure, added indexes to enhance query performance, improved coding practices, removed a huge amount of existing redundancies, and tried to implement best practices whenever possible.
- Planned and implemented new features to move the business forward.
- Adapted to best practices and structured future tasks.
- Identified and fixed critical security vulnerabilities.
Senior Developer2018 - 2019An Automobile Purchase Company
- Helped transition a legacy PHP web application to Laravel.
- Coded tens of new features and suggested many new ideas.
- Fixed security issues and vulnerabilities in the code.
- Optimized SQL queries and improved code performance.
- Implemented an automatic error detection system with localized logging to Cloudwatch.
Freelance Web Developer2010 - 2018GraphicalX
- Created a Laravel-based platform for a client to monitor their ad performance and corresponding revenues.
- Set up the above client's app with various APIs to automate data gathering and reports and gradually expanded the app to manage their entire income and expenses.
- Developed a review management system in Laravel that helped the client manage reviews for their products and create blocklists, reports, and much more.
- Built an online league management system using Laravel 5.4.
- Created a one-of-a-kind coaching platform for a Swiss client in Laravel.
- Wrote several scripts to analyze electricity and gas data of the US, process gigabytes of data, and record it efficiently.
- Developed various programs and applications for clients in the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia.
Founder | Developer2010 - 2012Jawab.pk
- Developed an idea from concept to launch for a region-based Q&A website.
- Created an entire application on Symfony 1.4 using Doctrine as the ORM.
- Managed a VPS server, the environment, and security, initially using Lighttpd and Apache later.
- Built a community from scratch, added moderators and additional features, and improved the SEO as it grew.
Web Developer2009 - 2010Zigron
- Led the development of their employee performance review system.
- Developed an interactive area that helped peers and managers give 360° reviews using AJAX without refreshing the page.
- Generated ideas and suggested new features that would make the app make valuable to potential clients.
- Created automated reports with actionable analytics that would help organizations within the app to make important decisions about HR.
- Optimized the loading times and memory usage within the app.
Intern Web Developer2008 - 2008Jint Tech
Technologies: XML, ECMAScript (ES6), Power Shell Commands
- Wrote a script in PowerShell Script to gather data and save it in an XML file.
- Created a database schema and stored the required data.