Computer Vision Developer
Vahagn is a software engineer with 10+ years of experience and expertise in C++ and Python. His primary focus has been computer vision, but he has also worked on .NET services in C# and web-based crawlers with Python and Java. Vahagn has a strong mathematical background and holds a PhD in theoretical physics. He loves challenging projects and thrives in focused and collaborative environments.
ExperiencePython - 8 yearsC#.NET - 7 yearsOpenCV - 5 yearsComputer Vision - 5 yearsC++ - 5 yearsTensorFlow - 5 yearsMachine Learning - 5 yearsSDKs - 3 years
Linux, Ubuntu Linux, CLion, PyCharm
The most amazing...
...thing I've designed is a content-based image indexing and retrieval application with classic computer vision, machine learning, clouds, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Senior R&D Engineer
- Developed an algorithm for an adaptive jitter buffer.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using GitLab as a reporting tool.
- Merged the algorithm into the master branch, which is now part of a large application.
- Designed and developed a scalable image indexing and retrieval application.
- Researched state-of-the-art approaches for image indexing and proposed new solutions for the known problems.
- Communicated with end users and designed and proposed solutions for the integration of our system with their platform.
- Trained a variation of HiDDeN network as discussed in an academic paper (https://arxiv.org/abs/1807.09937).
- Trained a cloud shadow detection network on aerial imagery.
- Proposed a solution for an atmospheric effect compensation tool for infrared aerial imagery.
- Completed multiple small tasks related to the IntelinAir platform.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed a scalable application for large-scale web crawling and data mining.
- Created Python and C# services for large-scale data manipulation.
- Built MapReduce applications for producing reports from the crawled data.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed an online scratching game that implemented the coin-flipping by telephone algorithm.
- Tracked and fixed bugs using Jira as a reporting tool.
- Completed minor tasks on BetConstruct's database ORM written in C++.
Reimplementation of ORB SLAM3https://github.com/vahagnIV/orb_slam3
OpenCV, TensorFlow, Standard Template Library (STL)
Matrix Algebra, Physics, Scraping, Data Scraping, Web Scraping, Algebra, Linear Algebra, Abstract Algebra, Geometry, Advanced Physics, Computer Vision, Algorithms, Image Processing, Machine Learning, Web Crawlers, Large-scale Web Crawlers, APIs, SDKs, Simultaneous Localization & Mapping (SLAM), Robot Operating System (ROS), IP Networks, Data Structures
Google Mock (GMock), Qt, Django, Hadoop, ASP.NET MVC, Angular
AWS SDK, Jira
Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Azure
PhD in Physics
Yerevan State University - Yerevan, Armenia