Kubernetes Developer2020 - 2020Aspireiq (via Toptal)
Technologies: Cost Modeling, Shell Scripting, AppEngine, CircleCI, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Set up dynamic environments for developers. Used Helm and shell to provide developers the flexibility to bring up their own development environment on the fly and tear them up to save on costs.
- Established the release process using CircleCI and a GitHub workflow.
- Implemented infrastructure and application monitoring and alerts using Datadog.
- Created a cost-saving plan and handled the execution on the Google Compute Engine.
- Provided application development support and fulfilled daily system administrator activities.
AWS DevOps Engineer2020 - 2020CrossBeam (via Toptal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS
- Migrated the staging and development environment from a production Kubernetes environment to separate AWS accounts.
- Segregated Terraform files to reusable modules and imported all the existing Terraform states to match the new structures.
- Changed the Jenkins pipeline to deploy to development and staging Kubernetes clusters while providing the exact deployment status in the Jenkins console.
Senior DevOps Engineer2018 - 2020Confidential Client
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Istio, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Prometheus, Go, Ansible, SaltStack, Jenkins, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Rearchitected and migrated monolithic application to a microservices architecture.
- Revamped the entire infrastructure from scratch and deployed on Kubernetes (AWS EKS).
- Wrote the entire infrastructure in loosely coupled Terraform modules.
- Enabled 1-click microservice onboarding to all environments.
- Automated CI and CD of all microservices until production.
- Designed and implemented WAF and CDN for web security and application performance.
- Deployed and maintained Apache Kafka on EC2 instances.
- Designed and implemented a monitoring solution on-prem via Prometheus, Grafana, and alerting via the alert manager and PagerDuty while using SaaS monitoring with Datadog and NewRelic when required.
- Reduced infrastructure costs by doing quarterly assessments and archive undesired things.
- Helped software engineers implement DevOps with regular follow-ups and close communication. Contributed to major portions of the on-call rotation, monitoring, and design decisions of the company.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 2018Paytm E-Commerce
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), EFK Stack, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Jenkins, Ansible, SaltStack, Kubernetes, Docker, Node.js, Java, AWS
- Deployed and managed applications on self-hosted Kubernetes clusters on AWS EC2 instances.
- Formulated SaltStack formulas for infrastructure automation.
- Wrote Terraform modules for AWS services automation.
- Implemented the EFK logs pipeline for log aggregation ~1TB of logs every single day without any lag.
- Developed a Jenkins global library for unified build and release across hundreds of microservices.
- Reduced service onboarding time to minutes using Jenkins, Groovy, and Salt automation.
- Designed and implemented flash-optimized in-memory open source NoSQL DB Aerospike for caching.
- Maintained daily operational activity on AWS infrastructure and continuous debugging. The highest traffic handled ~1 million RPM during the sales season.
- Led most of the infrastructure integration projects across teams.
DevOps Consultant2016 - 2017HCL Technologies
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, ELK (Elastic Stack), Jenkins, Windows, Linux
- Implemented dynamic CI and CD using GitHub Enterprises, Jenkins multibranch jobs, XL-Release, XL-Deploy, and Nexus for Java and Microsoft Technologies.
- Built and deployed Microsoft libraries using open-source build tools on Linux machines (Candle and light).
- Migrated manual deployments to automated pipelines with workflows.
- Introduced and implemented log aggregation using ELK stack.
- Participated in server patching activities and network monitoring.
Software Engineer2014 - 2016Cybage Software
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SonarQube, Jenkins, Node.js, Linux, Terraform, AWS
- Migrated infrastructure from legacy management to infrastructure as code that will enable developers to understand and modify infrastructure according to there application needs.
- Scheduled infrastructure and apps for early morning hours to save infrastructure costs; costs were reduced by ~ 40%.
- Setup SonarQube across the organization for hundreds of projects to improve the quality of code and providing developers better visibility of potential issues in the code.
- Set up Jenkins automated deployments to hybrid infrastructure consisting of virtual machines and Docker containers.