DevOps Engineer and Kubernetes Developer2017 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: DigitalOcean, LAMP, Linux, Redis Queue, Python 3, Microsoft SQL Server, Kubernetes, Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Amazon EKS, Terraform, AWS, AWS AppSync, Amazon Cognito, AWS S3, AWS DynamoDB, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cost Modeling, CircleCI, Jenkins Pipeline, Elasticsearch, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Designed and developed cloud-based SaaS solutions.
- Developed a hosting platform on top of DigitalOcean and Kubernetes.
- Developed and provided support for the existing MVP.
- Wrote the Terraform modules for a number of AWS services – AWS AppSync, Cognito, DynamoDB, and VPC.
- Created multiple identical environments in a short span of time using terraform and tear them down after use to save cost.
- Imported the existing AWS infrastructure to Terraform to remove any manual management overhead.
- Set up dynamic environments for developers. Used Helm and shell to provide developers the flexibility to bring up their own development environment on the fly and tear them up to save on costs.
- Implemented infrastructure and application monitoring and alerts using Datadog.
- Created a cost-saving plan and handled the execution on the Google Compute Engine.
- Migrated the staging and development environment from a production Kubernetes environment to separate AWS accounts.
DevOps Engineer2017 - 2018Paytm E-Commerce
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), EFK Stack, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Jenkins, Ansible, SaltStack, Kubernetes, Docker, Node.js, Java, AWS
- Deployed and managed applications on self-hosted Kubernetes clusters on AWS EC2 instances.
- Formulated SaltStack formulas for infrastructure automation.
- Wrote Terraform modules for AWS services automation.
- Implemented the EFK logs pipeline for log aggregation ~1TB of logs every single day without any lag.
- Developed a Jenkins global library for unified build and release across hundreds of microservices.
- Reduced service onboarding time to minutes using Jenkins, Groovy, and Salt automation.
- Designed and implemented flash-optimized in-memory open source NoSQL DB Aerospike for caching.
- Maintained daily operational activity on AWS infrastructure and continuous debugging. The highest traffic handled ~1 million RPM during the sales season.
- Led most of the infrastructure integration projects across teams.
DevOps Consultant2016 - 2017HCL Technologies
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, ELK (Elastic Stack), Jenkins, Windows, Linux
- Implemented dynamic CI and CD using GitHub Enterprises, Jenkins multibranch jobs, XL-Release, XL-Deploy, and Nexus for Java and Microsoft Technologies.
- Built and deployed Microsoft libraries using open-source build tools on Linux machines (Candle and light).
- Migrated manual deployments to automated pipelines with workflows.
- Introduced and implemented log aggregation using ELK stack.
- Participated in server patching activities and network monitoring.
Software Engineer2014 - 2016Cybage Software
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SonarQube, Jenkins, Node.js, Linux, Terraform, AWS
- Migrated infrastructure from legacy management to infrastructure as code that will enable developers to understand and modify infrastructure according to there application needs.
- Scheduled infrastructure and apps for early morning hours to save infrastructure costs; costs were reduced by ~ 40%.
- Setup SonarQube across the organization for hundreds of projects to improve the quality of code and providing developers better visibility of potential issues in the code.
- Set up Jenkins automated deployments to hybrid infrastructure consisting of virtual machines and Docker containers.