- Senior DeveloperGdeSlon2014 - PRESENT
Technologies: Python, nltk, Node.js, Redis, MongoDB, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Graphite, Varnish
- Was hired to supervise fixing and refactoring a large codebase of complicated NLP-related tools.
- Stabilised, improved and optimised home-grown text-processing and search algorithms.
- Improved the codebase enough to allow simultaneous working on it of several developers without special knowledge.
- Created a transactional job manager for internal use, based on Node.js and Redis, with special attention to consistency in cases of outages.
- Created a smart system of outsourcing data processing on Amazon EC2 spot instances, able to adjust to fluctuating prices and take into account different instance sizes.
- Started building a culture of responsible monitoring of servers and services.
- Supervised work of junior developers, help them and taught them to their delight.
- EngineerApp Monsta2013 - 2013
Technologies: Python, Twisted, Hadoop, Pig, AWS, Chef
- Implemented a reliable large-scale deployment system for an unstable environment.
- Ensured monitoring of critical technical and business processes.
- Implemented a reliable data gathering and analysis system.
- Repaired a system urgently during several unpredictable MongoDB-related outages.
- CTOUploadcare2011 - 2013
- Designed the technical side of the product, including features that would interest the developers.
- Designed and implemented the internal architecture for reliability and minimal inter-dependency of components.
- Designed the main set of APIs, concentrating on ease of use and future scalability.
- Efficiently and reliably implemented the CDN module with on-the-fly image processing.
- Interviewed and hired several senior developers.
- Wrote or supervised the writing of libraries for 6+ programming languages and numerous frameworks.
- Lead DeveloperLabbler.com2011 - 2012
Technologies: Python, Django, Solr, PostgreSQL
- Implemented a fast, reliable search feature operating across different types of objects and respecting permissions.
- Allowed for convenient file uploading, editing, and a conversion system.
- Lead DeveloperBuzzoola.com2011 - 2011
Technologies: Django, MongoDB, Solr
- Architected a continuous stats collector from different video hostings.
- Handled automatic video conversion from many formats to the ones accepted by video services.
- Architected and implemented advanced reports and an analytics constructor.
- Lead DeveloperWhitescape2008 - 2011
- Chose the set of technologies as the first engineer of the outsourcing company, focusing on long-term reliability and practicality.
- Led development of numerous small-scale projects, as well as several advanced projects.
- Interviewed and hired many great developers.
- Released several internal tools and libraries as open-source.
- Maintained high standards for quality of code, monitoring, and results across the whole company.
- Helped and mentored some of the junior developers.