Verified Expert in Engineering
Valentin is a strong team lead with a lot of experience in iOS mobile development, strong mobile architecture skills, and a good eye for product. He enjoys complex projects and clean solutions as well as innovative, new platforms that bring something new and useful to the users. Valentin is proficient in the latest iOS development technologies and frameworks and has significant experience designing and developing APIs and platform integration solutions.
Xcode, Swift, iOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is an online advertising platform. Optimized for large volumes like over 1 billion events daily, campaign performance tracking, and targeting.
Vice President of Software Development
- Created an email campaign execution and management platform (MINT).
- Built a BI, data analytics, and fast-query platform (THYME).
- Brought value by targeting campaigns through data analytics and clustering.
- Developed the main iOS client for the iPad, using SwiftUI.
- Defined, budgeted, and delivered software, including back end, front end, middleware, and third-party integrations. I also measured, tested, and supported the company’s software platforms.
- Handled the entire development cycle from initial architecture to market, feedback, and continuous support.
Vice President of Engineering
- Delivered mobile apps in the DB Global Technology Center (BEX), both client-facing and enterprise apps. Implemented features on the mobile app for IOS, day by day.
- Negotiated with stakeholders, proposed business plans, chose the right technologies, and followed up on plans for their implementation while keeping a close eye on budgets and timelines.
- Defined, measured, and refined the delivery process for all mobile applications developed in the technology center.
- Collaborated with other areas and projects for maximizing synergies in the center.
- Created new opportunities and started new projects for the local center by working with various stakeholders in the bank.
- Contributed to the continuous transformation of organizing the Private and Commercial Clients (PCC) department, being an active member of the strategy, people, and leadership councils.
Practice Area Lead for Mobile for Interactive Experience, Mobile Architect, and People Manager
- Built a complex, interconnected family of five enterprise iOS applications for the German giant Bosch and Siemens Home Appliances. The project received multiple awards for innovation and fantastic feedback from the client.
- Standardized the set of tools for mobile projects and collaborated on implementing a full DevOps stack used by many projects for planning, developing, testing, signing, releasing, monitoring, and gathering feedback through analytics.
- Shared technical knowledge and created a collaborative learning environment. Organized tech talks, established best practices, and shared tech stack.
- Created an integration architecture of mobile apps against complex SAP back ends via SAP mobile and cloud platforms.
- Built software architectures for IOS enterprise solutions, mobile factories, and applications.
- Designed, implemented, and documented a wide array of interlocking reusable IOS components that were reused in many projects.
- Helped project stakeholders come together and agree on the most valuable features to be implemented and enabled them to set timelines for their projects in multiple planning and design thinking workshops.
- Created teams, hired talents, mentored and inspired them, and established working standards to deliver on the project.
- Provided effort and budget estimation for mobile factories, mobile applications, and frameworks.
iOS Technical Team Lead and Consultant
- Built a complex business-to-business application for the US farming sector. The main challenge was creating an advanced sync mechanism for a sizable database.
- Organized the work according to Agile and Scrum principles. Oversaw the creation of the work breakdown structure for the project and provided estimates.
- Managed communications with the clients for the entire development team.
- Offered technical advice to the company's clients through proposals and provided feedback for the design documents.
- Shared technical knowledge through tech talks and company-wide training for colleagues in the mobile tech area.
- Held technical job interviews for the IOS position in the company.
iOS Senior Software Engineer
- Implemented the Postcode Gazette iOS app. A mobile, geo-localized news app that also offered localized marketing, for the UK market.
- Developed RESTful Web Services, built the UI in UIKit, and cached the offline data in core data.
- Refactored the entire mobile app in two months' record time and added new functionality.
iOS Software Engineer
- Implemented the company's mobile white-label app Telmap Navigator for iOS and J2ME devices.
- Implemented turn-by-turn navigation with location-based services, route calculations, and localized offers.
- Developed complex navigation and professional map-services applications for mobile phones. The main challenge was creating a dynamic, flexible, and customizable back-end-driven user Interface at runtime.
Software Engineer II
- Implemented new gaming technologies for a next-gen game engine for IOS, containing modules for 3D graphics OpenGLES 2.0, sound, memory manager, 2D graphics, and texture manager.
- Developed features for great mobile games such as Command and Conquer Red Alert and Worms.
- Optimized mobile games to run on low-powered devices, as low as 128 kB of memory in J2ME.
ITC Networks | Aquired by Luxoft
- Developed networking applications and network protocol implementations for L2 and L3 devices from the Nortel family.
- Created embedded software on L3 switches, routers, and routing switches.
- Led a team of three people that implemented and designed a Core networking protocol. Spanning tree protocol, in its multiple forms SPT, MSTP, and RSTP.
Deutsche Bank | Germanyhttps://apps.apple.com/us/app/deutsche-bank-mobile/id1040475847
Mobile App Factory for BSHhttps://www.apple.com/kz/business/success-stories/manufacturing/bsh/
Farm Management App
Swift, SQL, Objective-C, C++, Java 11, C
UIKit, Cocoa, Core Data, SwiftUI
Alamofire, Firebase iOS SDK, REST APIs
Xcode, Firebase Authentication, Apache
Model View Viewmodel (MVVM), Unit Testing, Mobile Development, REST
iOS, Firebase, J2ME, VxWorks, Bluetooth LE
Data Synchronization, JSON, Databases, SQLite, Cloud Firestore, MongoDB, Druid.io
Estimations, Agile Delivery, Engineering Management, Solutioning, Programming, Communication, Software Architecture, Leadership, People Management, Mobile Architecture, APIs, JSON REST APIs, API Design, API Documentation, Software Analysis, Native Mobile Apps, Mobile Apps, Architecture, Technical Hiring, Source Code Review, Code Review, Interviewing, Task Analysis, Scrum Product Owner, SAP Cloud Platform Integration (CPI), Mobile Security, CI/CD Pipelines, Coaching, Training, Devices, Budgeting, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Statistics, Stakeholder Management, Recruiting, Budget Management, Presentations, Templates, 3D Textures, Game AI, 2D Games, Cisco Networking
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring