Verified Expert in Engineering
Vali has nearly a decade of experience specializing in SQL, Oracle, and PL/SQL. Currently pursuing a master's degree in data science, she enjoys building applications for clients of all sizes. Valli is currently located in Los Angeles, CA, and enjoys working with global teams.
MySQL, SQLite, Unix, Linux, Oracle, Data Structures, Excel VBA, ETL, Python, Java
The most amazing...
...project I've accomplished was creating a predictive model for the number of approved non-immigrant visas in the US.
- Worked on migration projects and investigated production issues.
- Collaborated with the business team which included gathering business requirements and developing a rules engine.
- Created testing strategies to ensure the quality of the application and reviewed test cases to ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Contributed to the identification of poor performance areas and worked on process improvement.
- Mentored the offshore team and encouraged teamwork.
- Helped in the creation of charts/reports using Tableau to aid the business team.
Trading Platform Maintenance
Conspecta Capital (via Toptal)
- Debugged the macro code and fixed the broken links which helped the application to run again in production.
- Proposed and added new functionalities to improve the application.
- Removed processes that were not used anymore resulting in a 2x improvement in run time.
Citi Bank via Tata Consultancy Services
- Led the applications team, CITI Client First, in developing a collections application for CITI Bank.
- Supported the back end of the CITI Client First application of CITI Bank.
- Automated the conversion of file templates using Excel VBA, which were previously converted manually.
Bank of America via Tata Consultancy Services
- Created the back end of an anti-money laundering application.
- Migrated ETL data from various applications to the AML application at Bank of America.
- Proposed process improvements that reduced the run time from two hours to ten minutes.
- Automated and improved the process of running test scripts from Excel directly in Oracle for Merrill Lynch.
Complete IZ0-061 Oracle 12c Fundamentals Certification
Active Member on Stack Overflowhttps://stackoverflow.com/users/2524830/valli
Code to Delete Records Fast
Active Member with Hacker Rankhttps://www.hackerrank.com/vallitce
B2C Application with Oracle Backend
A Predictive Model for the Number of Approved Non-immigrant Visas in the US
Oracle, Linux, Unix, iOS
PL/SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, MySQL, SQLite
Autosys, Tableau Desktop Pro, Tableau, Cron, Microsoft Excel, Git
Google BigQuery, Macros, Machine Learning, Engineering, Excel Macros, Regression Modeling, Data Structures, Electronics, Data Management
Master of Science Degree in Data Science
University of West Florida - Florida, USA
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Thiagarajar College of Engineering - Madurai, India
Oracle 12c Fundamentals