Lead Front-end Engineer2013 - PRESENTMetromile
- Built the current consumer-facing signup and dashboard applications in Backbone as a team of one while maintaining the existing application.
- Devised and executed a strategy to reuse Angular components across the 3 applications using a private bower repo.
- Led a team of 4 engineers to rebuild both consumer-facing applications as well as a company-facing insurance endorsement application in Angular and Gulp.
- Created an end-to-end testing application using a page objects architecture.
- Converted our application build processes to Gulp from Grunt to speed up testing and deployments.
Senior Front-end Engineer2011 - 2013Badgeville
- Built 3D consumer-facing widgets to display leaderboards, account settings, user profile, and other tools related to our clients' gamification needs.
- Devised a method to divide our library into separate parts to increase load time performance for our clients utilizing our SDK libraries.
- After dividing our library into parts, created a method to read the custom scripts utilizing those libraries to automatically detect which libraries to load.
Senior Front-end Engineer2009 - 2011Triptrace
- Built 3 distinct applications utilizing shared components without a modern MV* framework.
- Created a trip planning application on top of Google Maps, pulling location data from several point-of-interest APIs, allowing users to save events and places for upcoming trips.
- Built a flight planning application using the Kayak Trips API.
- Built a Chrome plugin bookmarklet tool, which scraped the current page of any website for places and dates and saved them to the user's account to be brought up on their trip planning page later.
- Built a road trip planning application providing the user the ability to specify a variable distance away from the planned route to search for points of interest between two locations.
Sole Proprietor2007 - 2011Ingalls Creative (independent contractor)
- Met with clients to discuss and advise on applications needed for their businesses.
- Built customizable web stores using Drupal and Übercart.
- Built customizable marketing and portfolio websites using WordPress and Drupal.
- Managed client expectations and built strong relationships to foster a steady growing pool of clients.
- Built several generic WordPress themes to resell to clients with limited resources.