- Senior Node.js Developer2017 - PRESENTSmart Clinic
Technologies: Node.js, MySQL, Redis, Bull, AWS, Mocha, Chai
- Developed an integration server – a flexible and fast ETL solution for importing, validating, transforming, and structuring data from third-party clinics.
- Contributed to MySQL Chassis (FOSS MySQL driver for Node.js).
- Co-architected the company’s monolithic repository.
- Co-led the team of five developers.
- Full-stack Web Developer2013 - PRESENTPresto Engineering (via Toptal)
Technologies: PHP, Sass+Compass, Foundation, jQuery
- Designed and coded a new responsive, Retina-ready website.
- Lead Front-End Developer2014 - 2016Direct Focus Online
Technologies: Grunt, Node.js, MongoDB, Foundation, Bootstrap, Sass, Jade, AWS, AngularJS
- Hired four developers in one month; onboarded them and mentored them to be productive within a week.
- Mentored over ten developers in the Guangzhou, China office.
- Established and documented best practices for coding conventions and rapid workflow (coding style, Git workflow, code reviews, deployments, etc.).
- Developed custom Grunt plugins for rapid and easily-maintainable i18n/l10n process, announced deployments to various services (Trello, Redmine, Rollbar, Slack etc), deployed static assets to CDN on AWS, removed unneeded images, etc.
- Worked with product managers and designers to develop a website generator application meant for non-developers in the MEAN stack (Mongo, Express, Angular, Node) that generated thousands of websites.
- Worked with the NYC office to develop VITIS - an app for connecting social influencers with brands built in the MEAN stack with hasOffers and Cake integration (affiliate tracking platforms).
- Implemented one-step continuous integration and deployment using Grunt and Strider on AWS.
- Implemented Trello and Redmine project management tools to increase company productivity and improve communication between teams.
- Interviewed applicants for campaign manager and project manager positions.
Technologies: Backbone.js/Marionette, Grunt, Node.js, Bootstrap, LESS
- Developed a reusable data grid component (part of the custom framework).
- Developed a reusable form component completely defined by REST API.
- Developed a reusable time keeping component (calendar, data grid, bulk time entry, new entry widget).
- Front-end Engineer2012 - 2013Fanattac (via Toptal)
Technologies: CSS3, HTML5, jQuery, PHP, MySQL
- Updated and coded the user interface.
- Implemented Backbone.js/Marionette.
- Switched the platform to a RESTful model (Slim framework + Underscore).
- Database Engineer2011 - 2012National Center for External Education Evaluation
Technologies: MS SQL, HTML, CSS, JS, PHP
- Oversaw operations of existing database management systems and troubleshot errors.
- Developed new website infrastructure.
- Developed an application for school coordination, specifically with regards to national exams.
- Front-end Web Developer2011 - 2011Dimedia Internet Technologies
Technologies: HTML, CSS, JS (jQuery)
- Developed and maintained various websites for Dimedia.
- Wrote and improved existing jQuery scripts.
- Introduced new technologies to improve software.
- Teaching Assistant2006 - 2009Polytechnic of Zagreb
Technologies: XML, C++, HTML, CSS, JS
- Served as a teaching assistant in Introduction to E-Business (two years), Advanced E-Business, Synthesis of Digital Components and Devices, Objective-Oriented Programming I & II, Introduction to (X)HTML (two years), Introduction to XML, and XML Programming.
- Coordinated communication between professors and students.
- Held extra classes for students who required such.