Verified Expert in Engineering
Varun is a passionate full-stack developer who excels at React and Spring Boot projects. He has created eCommerce websites, web-sockets-based chat applications, and delivered Angular and Electron-based native applications. Varun was the youngest mentor on the TechGURU team, where he mentored college graduates as a part of the VMware Bootcamp. He believes in code that is scalable and easy to maintain.
Git, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Slack, MacOS
The most amazing...
...work I have done was building a doodle service on LinkedIn. The reviewers see a lot of content which might have a toll. The doodles help with their well-being.
- Implemented the doodle service and the user interface in Workbench, which is the next-gen content moderation tool.
- Onboarded live content sources (live audio rooms and live video) on Workbench, ensuring that the content moderation for these are seamless as it can be critical.
- Led the migration of the ads review queue to Workbench. This includes all the types of ads that are present on Linkedin.com.
Vue Front-end Full Stack Developer
Virtual Doctor and Medicines, S.L.
- Built common components for the overall application, which could be reused across the five cases.
- Developed the E2E UI flow for multiple cases involving dynamic forms for questionnaires and multi-step wizards.
- Managed junior developers and helped finish their workload as well as complete cases.
React and .NET Core Developer
Brands Payroll Inc
- Worked with React to develop new features like power imports, employee time and labor, live reports, and so on.
- Refactored the existing apps' and services' flow to a completely new UX and a more performant UI.
- Upgraded the npm dependencies, including React 16 to 17, which was long overdue.
React and Java Full-stack Developer
- Developed from scratch the React-based front end of the application for AppSmart Trade and AppSmart Advance; also worked on multiple features of AppSmart Card.
- Wrote the app's services using Reactive Spring Boot, specifically for AppSmart Trade and AppSmart Advance; also worked on multiple services of AppSmart Card.
- Created an automation framework around the AppDirect Infrastructure using Cypress.io.
- Worked with RabbitMQ to create a notification service for AppSmart Card, Trade, and Advance.
- Developed the UI and back end for the various microservices which offered advisors perform trades, get the advance amount, and card-related services.
- Reviewed other's code for the various microservices and micro-UI.
- Created an E2E testing framework for testing the microservices driven by UI. This used Cypress.io, and the framework was plugged into the client's infrastructure seamlessly.
- Authored the Clarity Design System in React with TypeScript. This is now being used internally to develop all the React applications at VMware since the products of VMware need to be consistent with Clarity Design System, which is in Angular.
- Served as the only full-stack developer in my team. Owned several modules and wrote services using Spring Boot, plugins in Java, and UI using React.
- Developed Java-based state machines to automate several tasks manually as part of the lifecycle manager of vRealize Suite Product at VMware.
- Delivered an Angular and Electron-based native application to consume the APIs to automate the operations on vSphere. Used Node.js for interprocess communication.
- Authored an interactive Python CLI based on Click to improve the development team's productivity.
- Owned the public APIs of the product at VMware.
- Mentored more than 100 new college graduates in the past two years as part of the VMware Bootcamp, being the youngest mentor (TechGURU) on the team.
- Created an MLaaS application similar to Azure ML Studio, using state machines.
- Worked on the UI for E-Commerce Portal for vRealize Cloud Subscription Manager, which enabled customers to purchase subscriptions for the various vRealize SaaS offerings.
- Created a full-stack application to manage the system for a medi-spa using Spring boot, React with TypeScript, and PostgreSQL.
- Developed a full-stack eCommerce application for buying plants and other related products using .NET Core, Vue.js, and PostgreSQL.
- Designed a Spring Boot web sockets-based chat application.
- Developed a full-stack application for managing timezones and implemented granular level role-based access using Spring Security, PostgreSQL, and React.
Zen Medispa and Dental Studiohttps://varunsharma-zen.netlify.app/
Chronos Time Zone Managerhttps://varunsharma-chronos.netlify.app/
The link is a serverless demo version to give you an idea of the look and feel.
Spring Boot, Angular, Redux, Ember.js, Spring, Electron, Rest.li, Express.js, Material UI, Ant Design, Tailwind CSS, Next.js, .NET Core, Spring Security, Swagger, Cypress, NestJS
React, Node.js, React Redux, Vue, REST APIs, Vue 2, Redux-Saga, Formik, LinkedIn API, WebRTC
GitHub, Figma, Slack, IntelliJ IDEA, Git, RabbitMQ
Web Development, Full-stack, APIs, Full-stack Development, Back-end, React Hooks, Front-end, UI Development, UI Components, User Interface (UI), Integration Testing, Front-end Architecture, eCommerce, Middleware, Shell Scripting, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Deep Learning, Big Data, Data Structures, Algorithms, Programming, Responsive UI, Spring WebFlux, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
MySQL, RDBMS, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming
MacOS, Apache Kafka, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Thapar University - Patiala, Punjab, India
Microsoft Global Hackathon Winner
Certified React Developer
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring