CTO2019 - PRESENTKopplr
Technologies: AWS, Amazon Cognito, AWS Lambda, Amazon Neptune, Redis, Docker, GitLab CI/CD, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon CloudFront CDN, AWS Push Notification Service (AWS SNS), AWS SES, Haskell, TypeScript 3, Vue, GraphQL, Apollo, Terraform, DevOps
- Developed the architecture of the system based on cloud microservices.
- Wrote some of the APIs interactions using Haskell.
- Reviewed most of the Haskell code integrated into the platform.
- Deployed the entire infrastructure on AWS via Terraform.
- Wrote the CI/CD GitLab pipelines for deploying environments.
- Reviewed Makefiles for local deployment of the infrastructure, including builds in docker for TypeScript and stack builds for Haskell.
- Wrote the lambda functions in Haskell with Dhall configurations and common libraries built in the same stack project.
Project Manager2017 - PRESENTWhiteCity Code SRL
Technologies: Computer Vision, ClojureScript, Elm, Haskell, Clojure, Erlang, Raspberry Pi, Next.js, MySQL, System Administration, Open Source
- Built a receipt reading app; involved a Python prototype, OpenCV, and an iOS app. It used the camera and shared extensions with Facebook authentication/registration. The server side was in Haskell with Servant with SQL and Google API integration for OCR.
- Developed from scratch a Clojure chat app and added functionalities as needed. Tech-wise it involved Clojure with components and an HTTP kit with WebSockets on the server-side and ClojureScript Om on the client-side.
- Experimented with Raspberry Pi and PinoIR for a local bus company concept: a school bus that parents can oversee. It included an onboard computer, a WiFi router, access gates, cameras, and streaming to the server which distributed it to mobile apps.
- Developed a travel feed aggregation app in Clojure that processed over 25,000 hotels per night with duplicate identification across streams and the ETL from SOAP services. The build process was with Boot and the front end in ClojureScript.
- Managed a Clojure team and transitioned them to Haskell. From Clojure and JVM basics to decoupled functional architecture and pushing effects towards the border of the app.
- Built a CQRS microservices architecture with GraphQL for reading and Haskell lambda functions for writing for a financial platform. This included investigating best approaches and prototyping event sourcing and basic services.
- Created a custom trading algo for the Euronext stock exchange. It involved an always-on Clojure app with reboot capabilities on dropped connections, connectivity via an IBKR trading app, reconciliation, WebSockets for real-time work, a desktop app via WebKit, and a front end built in Om/Next.js.
Front End Engineer 2017 - 2018TalkIQ (via Toptal)
Technologies: Elasticsearch, ClojureScript, Clojure, MySQL, System Administration, Open Source
- Worked on multiple list filters on both the front-end and back-end sides.
- Integrated with Salesforce data to augment customer info.
- Worked on various front-end visual components on ClojureScript.
- Handled ClojureScript async channel communication to pass along the state bottom-up.
Owner | Freelance Developer2009 - 2017PFA Rosian Vasile Adrian "Web Solutions"
- Developed eCommerce plugins for clients such as A1M and Euro Payment Group, major payment processors in Europe. Developed extensions for OpenCart for a multilingual food supplement website; involved mainly PHP with various frameworks and CMS types.
- Contributed to the development of Affiliate X, a unique niche market tool for affiliate sales. The task requires working with parsing high-volume data feeds and optimizing database queries for high availability. PHP with CodeIgniter and PostgreSQL.
- Developed data acquisition software from a Zigbee-based mesh network as part of a research paper. It involved Serial RX/TX with AT, sensor reading/calibration, PHP, Python with multi-processing, SSE for real-time work, and jQuery for the front end.
- Managed and built a merchant acquisition platform for a large European bank that had required processing 80,000+ customers which needed integration with several external services with various degrees of automation; tech included PHP with Symfony 2.
- Developed ChatPiper.com which involved using Clojure and ClojureScript with React wrapped in ClojureScript Om. Clients were in Swift and Java for mobile as well as Electron.js and NW.js (node-webkit) for desktop; later started a larger scale app in Erlang with Cowboy.
- Wrote the logic for open-jaw bookings, estimations for trip costs including connected services, and the interfaces for all actors involved for a system meant to handle private jet inventory and booking. Used Yii with front-end modular components.
- Constructed a system for radiology investigation results; used Python with Pyramid Pylons initially, then migrated to Django.
- Contributed to the back-end part of a Java app for notification dispatches for the Romanian government as part of a volunteer team. Used Java with Spring Boot, Kafka for notifications, and CouchDB for storage.
- Developed the Joomla components (JJAntispam, JingleSubscriptions—listed in the Joomla extensions directory) and a PHP-based internal invoicing system with PHP for a file-based blog in Go with the Martini framework.
Web Developer2008 - 2008Emotion Design
- Developed small business websites in Sibiu and surrounding area.
- Worked with CodeIgniter on various web applications.
- Developed eCommerce workflows with Joomla and VirtueMart.
- Managed a team of two junior developers and was responsible for delivery to clients.