Verified Expert in Engineering
Full Stack Developer
Vedran is a full-time freelancer who puts reliability and accountability first. As a software developer, he believes that simple and readable code powered by thorough testing is the best tool to battle the unnecessary complexities that often creep into the software development process.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Django, React, TypeScript
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a system for scheduling and streaming content over distributed hardware, with functionality to control that hardware in real-time.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Led the development of a financial application for a large insurance company in the US. The product is in production and is currently in its third development phase.
- Worked as a full-stack developer (mostly Django and React) for a San Francisco startup for three years.
- Led the development of two React Native apps for a European client.
- Subcontracted for a New York-based software agency on a large municipal project. My company provided staff augmentation, and I was the lead developer on that project on our side.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Developed a distributed system for scheduling and running multimedia content on remote computers, with functionality to manage and monitor said computers.
- Created and maintained a system for dunning and distraint management.
- Created and maintained a marketplace for selling pharmaceutical products online.
- Created an ORM connector for the Informix database of DevExpress software.
- Built a web-based application for creating and monitoring ad campaigns at The Onion.
- Integrated with third-party systems used in a client's organization (DFP, DFA, NetSuite, MediaMind).
- Used Python/Django on the back end, Bootstrap and Backbone.js for the front end, and Fabric for automated development to a DigitalOcean server.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed a CRM system for the second-largest telecom in Croatia.
- Built a CRM system for the largest retail chain in Croatia.
- Implemented the live integration between CRM and various third-party systems for client companies.
- Worked on the implementation of several complicated user activation processes for a telecom. These processes included integration with internal billing, nationwide regulatory agencies, ULL owners, and other third-party systems.
- Worked closely with customers to refine requirements, prioritize tasks, and manage deadlines.
- Created a tool for the two-way creation and synchronization of abstract business process models from Aris or Visio with BPM instances in Documentum.
- Developed a system that implements the Prince2 project management process in a large international organization.
- Worked on an e-recruitment system for a large international organization with strictly defined hiring procedures.
- Created an application for generating and updating the documentation of an extensive Oracle database.
- Worked closely with customers to refine requirements and manage deadlines.
I worked as a full-stack engineer, building features for the web app, coding in Elixir and React, and was a lead developer on the mobile app built on React Native.
Freshbooks (via Toptal)http://www.freshbooks.com
I served as a full-stack developer on the marketing enablement team within a company, building front-end features in Ember.js and back-end features in Python and Ruby.
Hospitality Back-end System
I led a team of engineers building the system using Python/Django on the back end and React on the front end.
Ad Tools | The Onion
The purpose of the ad tools application is to give ad ops a better insight into running campaigns and placements by being able to find all information in one place, as opposed to being scattered into multiple third-party systems.
The system was built using Django on the back end and Bootstrap and Backbone.js for the front end.
The back end was built on Django, while the front end is HTML5 and CSS3, relying primarily on the Bootstrap framework.
DMS Management System
The server provisions new versions of client software to the client itself for auto-update.
The server-side application is written in Python (a combination of Django and a custom WebSocket server), while the client-side is implemented in C# (deployed as Windows services).
Nahundi is written in Java, with page rendering implemented using FreeMarker.
Pharmacy Web Shophttp://www.ljekarna-marusic.hr
The system was built in Python (Django) with a PostgresSQL database, with an HTML and jQuery front end based on Twitter Bootstrap, deployed to Heroku.
It is a web application built in Python and Django on the back end and React and Next.js on the front end. The client utilizes a GraphQL API to communicate with the server.
The app is hosted on Heroku.com and Vercel.com.
A Netsuite to Sanity Bridgehttps://rbw.com
They use complex software stacks that cover their product path from the design table through the workshop to their webshop.
Netsuite to Sanity Bridge is a service that pulls the product information from OnShape and Netsuite and pushes the changes to the Sanity.io headless CMS that powers their web.
Django, React Native, Hibernate, Spring, Tailwind CSS, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Flask, Redux, Qt, Ember.js, Ruby on Rails 4, Phoenix, Bootstrap, Next.js
jQuery, React, REST APIs, DFP API, NetSuite API, Backbone.js, Vue
GitHub, React Apollo, Webpack, Git, Google Analytics, Figma
Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, REST, Design Patterns, Model View Controller (MVC)
Linux, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, OS X, iOS, Android, Oracle, Vercel, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
JSON, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MSSQLCE
Freelancing, Web Development, Front-end, APIs, API Integration, Web App Development, Full-stack, Architecture, Software Design, Leadership, System Architecture, Team Leadership, Gatsby, Agile Sprints, Mobile Back-end, NetSuite, Deterministic Finite Automaton (DFA), A/B Testing, Sanity CMS
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering (Digital Control)
University of Zagreb - Zagreb, Croatia