Victor Barba Martin
Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and Software Developer
Victor has substantial experience in the field of DevOps, architecting AWS solutions and leveraging tools like CloudFormation, EC2, ECS, Lambda, VPC, and S3, among others. He is adept at handling governance and management tools (Organizations, CloudTrail, and Config) and developer tools (CodeBuild, CodePipeline, and CodeDeploy). Victor has successfully migrated workloads to containers, set up CI /CD pipelines, and built Slackbot for deployments and dynamic creation of development environments.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), DevOps, Docker, Serverless
The most amazing...
...thing I've performed is a server-to-containers migration for workloads of more than 400 containers.
Principal Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Developed the AWS infrastructure (ECS Docker) with Terraform following a DRY methodology and ensuring all the infrastructure meets the company-compliant guidelines.
- Tracked the team's progress with Jira, building a roadmap and planning sprints.
- Secured AWS access with automated IAM policies for SSO with MFA.
AWS DevOps Engineer/Architect
Play Time, Inc - Main
- Set up a replication platform for Aurora PSQL to a GCP data stream to allow the data team to get real-time changes for analytics.
- Created Terraform pipelines to integrate infrastructure changes with code changes, allowing developers to change infrastructure on-demand and decrease lead time.
- Set up GitLab runners hosted in AWS with dynamic autoscaling to decrease the app's build time and lower costs.
AWS DevOps Engineer
Design First Builders LLC
- Containerized customer apps to migrate from AWS Elastic Beanstalk to an Amazon ECS service for a construction renovation company.
- Developed infrastructure as code to create the resources needed to run the apps in the AWS Cloud (AWS Copilot).
- Created a testing environment and tools to troubleshoot incidents.
Systems Monitoring and Management Guru (Contract)
- Developed Ansible playbooks to add latency metrics on network nodes and get alerts if some nodes report bad latencies.
- Created Grafana dashboards to visualize network latency between nodes.
- Created a Kubernetes cluster for the video platform, allowing users to have video music sessions.
DevOps Expert (AWS) for Cloud Solutions Provider
Cloud KB Ltd
- Developed Terraform code for EKS cluster provisioning.
- Set up the GitOps ArgoCD platform for deploying applications.
- Set up Terragrunt code for AWS multi-account management.
Principal Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Developed an AWS account vending machine for automatic account provisioning using Lambda functions (Python) to allow business units to provision AWS accounts on-demand.
- Created an AWS service catalog with a curated resources portfolio ready to be used for development teams.
- Implemented AWS Transit Gateway with Direct Connect and more than 100 VPCs.
- Led a five-person engineering team through the company's technical roadmap for cloud migration.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Built a Slackbot for Docker environments on-demand creation using Python allowing developers to test new features on their environment.
- Migrated from an Ansible mutable infrastructure to a Docker container system in AWS.
- Migrated from 25 Jenkins servers to an AWS CodeBuild service, decreasing costs and improving performance.
- Automated environments creation for regression testing using Bash scripts and Puppet manifests.
- Set up the development platform for VOD recordings enabling customers to schedule TV recordings and watch them on-demand.
- Made Puppet manifests CI/CD scripts with Jenkins to enable the fast and secure development of server configurations.
Linux System Administrator
- Developed virtual (VMware) infrastructure automation for regression testing.
- Migrated a data center infrastructure to the AWS cloud following IaC principles.
- Created a Linux bastion infrastructure in an AWS multi-account environment with LDAP user synchronization.
Slackbot for Docker Environment Management
Server to Container Migration
AWS Account Vending Machine
Ansible Role Development for Multi-cloud Monitoring
Kubernetes Cluster for a Video Platform
Ansible, Terraform, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Grafana, AWS CloudFormation, AWS Fargate, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Puppet, GitHub, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Slack, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), NGINX, Helm, Apache, GitLab, VMware, Jenkins, TCPDF, Cron, Apache Solr
DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development (CD), Continuous Delivery (CD)
Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, AWS ALB, Kubernetes, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Linode, Ubuntu, Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
Cloud, AWS Cloud Architecture, AWS Service Catalog, Cloud Infrastructure, Infrastructure Architecture, Prometheus, SaaS Monitoring, Infrastructure Monitoring, Monitoring, ECS, Serverless, Costs, IT Governance, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Cloud Security, Containerization, Containers, AWS Organizations, Single Sign-on (SSO), AWS Control Tower, AWS Transit Gateway, CI/CD Pipelines, Consul, Amazon Route 53, Argo CD, HAProxy, AWS DevOps, AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), AWS Copilot, APIs, Cloud Architecture, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Site Reliability, UDP, SSH, Unix Shell Scripting, Systems Monitoring
Bash, Python, Java, SQL, PHP
AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
Amazon Web Services, Inc.