Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Science Developer
Victor is an AWS-certified back-end developer and data scientist with over ten years of experience, passionate about the overlap of math, data, and language. Intellectually curious, quick to master new concepts, and always hungry for a challenge, he has excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong leadership, consulting, and public speaking abilities. Victor is a lifelong learner who strongly believes in ongoing education, travel, and work-life balance.
GitHub, SQL, Linux, Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Analytics, Back-end, Git, JSON, Databases
The most amazing...
...discovery I've ever published is a novel formula describing the type-token relation which outperforms Heaps' Law.
- Acted as the principal developer of the Data Analytics library for a fintech startup building, validating, and monitoring financial models (Python). [Brussels, BE].
- Served as a Back-end developer and data scientist contributing to a B2B Marketing SaaS product (Python). [London, UK].
- Presented talks at trade conferences and published in trade journals. [New York, US].
- Created data visualization software for pediatric doctors to share diagnosis and treatment information across centers using R. [Santiago, CL].
- Served as a corporate trainer teaching the R, a programming language. [Seattle, US].
- Tested and optimized code for hotel pricing software using R. [Brussels, BE].
Boaz Media Network Solutions
- Supported operators in inventory control, BOM and router management, material ordering, and logistical optimization.
- Created BI dashboards and KPI scorecards communicating floor metrics to the C-level.
- Wrote reports using Crystal and SSRS for all the departments.
- Generated performance metrics through complex data mining and SQL data wrangling.
- Developed software and analytical tools for miscellaneous clients.
- Implemented mathematical algorithms in COBOL to boost processing speed.
- Generated BI reports based on analytical insights using SQL and R.
- Wrote adapters for getting multi-generation platforms to communicate using principles of strong data design.
- Built interactive Excel and SSRS reports based on business data.
- Sold $60,000 in Cutco Cutlery in customers' homes personally.
- Created $98,000 in new business by managing a seasonal branch office in Columbus, GA.
- Conducted individual and group interviews, ran training classes, and managed a team of sales reps.
Fast Character-level N-gram Language Model for Research Purposeshttps://github.com/VictorDavis/chlengmo
Minimum Spanning Cones in 2, 3, 4 Dimensional Spacehttps://github.com/VictorDavis/conebound
Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Data Science, Object-relational Mapping (ORM), ETL, REST, Management
Mathematics, Data Queries, Back-end, Data Analysis, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), APIs, Analytics, Data Modeling, Predictive Modeling, Predictive Analytics, Text Analytics, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Clustering, Data Analytics, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Statistical Analysis, Statistical Modeling, Model Validation, Monte Carlo Simulations, Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) Algorithms, Monte Carlo, Financial Modeling, Sales, 3D Math, Linear Optimization, Data Visualization, Fintech, API Integration, XAMPP Stack, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
Flask, RStudio Shiny, JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
GitHub, Git, Microsoft Excel
RStudio, Linux, Jupyter Notebook, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, LAMP
MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, Redshift, Amazon DynamoDB, SQL Stored Procedures, JSON
Scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Pandas, NumPy, API Development, REST APIs
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics
Southern Polytechnic State University - Marietta, Georgia, USA
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
AWS Certified Machine Learning – Specialty
Data Science Specialization
Johns Hopkins University