Principal Engineer2019 - PRESENTMudano
Technologies: Node.js, React, GraphQL, AWS
- Supported the build of the company's main product: a type of data-driven PPM software called Sharktower which applies a set of scientific techniques to project delivery in order to provide predictive analytics and support strategic decisions.
- Introduced GraphQL to our stack which simplified our API for integrations and optimizing performance.
- Led the engineering community, comprised of four teams and a total of ~20 software engineers and testers.
- Acted as a solution lead to the teams by supporting them in the creation of engineering solutions and decision making.
- Improved engineering efficiency, delivery cadence, and systems monitoring.
- Mentored and supported engineers to grow individually and as teams—ultimately to achieve our team goals.
Technical Lead2013 - PRESENTEcxus High Technology
Technologies: Java, Spring, Node.js, Ionic, Cordova, AngularJS, Amazon Web Services
- Guided a team of developers in rewriting a legacy ERP system developed for Hotels called Automo. We aimed to adapt the solution to modern needs and keep it refactorable. Using Spring MVC, AngularJS, Bootstrap, and WebSockets, the team could deliver a system that fits the needs of a whole set of clients, provide a set of intelligent reports, ensure scalability, and deliver a completely responsive web interface.
- Developed an app called Mobee that offers to the hotel guest the control of the whole automation system of his apartment. In addition, it provides access to many hotel services such as a digital menu, check-out, and satisfaction survey; all directly from the guest's mobile phone.
- Implemented an effective continuous integration process using tools like Git (with GitFlow), NPM, Maven, Nexus, and Jenkins so that the team could minimize the effort to keep software stable and save development time. The team actually reduced the release life cycle by half and could improve substantially their productivity.
- Developed a solution that centralizes the license control of all software provided by the company. The solution provides a REST web service (built on top of Node.js and Express) that integrates all instances of installed systems, receiving license update requests and issuing licenses automatically according to customers' financial situation. This solution has completely automated license management, saving resources and eliminating the likelihood of error or fraud.
- Constructed a system that integrates all automation modules available in a TCP/IP or RS485 network and provides a REST API that exposes the module's commands and state.
- Defined an event-based communication protocol for integration, keeping the system reactive and allowing real-time monitoring.
- Implemented an Artifactory server to be used as a local Maven and NPM repository and also to store snapshot builds delivered by Jenkins on continuous-integration workflows.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2019Mudano
Technologies: Node.js, React, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, AWS
- Built a resource management tool on top of a type of internal project management software using React, EmotionJS, and GraphQL.
- Constructed a plan drawing tool, one of the key parts of our product, using React and SVG. This tool is fairly interactive and implements a lot of SVG animation.
- Supported the build of an internal react component library to be used on different apps as part of the company's design system.
- Optimized the performance of our main product reducing the app load time to 10% of the original time. The main actions behind it were upgrading to Webpack 4, splitting bundles, using file checksum for cache optimization and preloading resources.
Software Engineer2017 - 2018Haus (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, React, GraphQL, AWS
- Built several integrations with external tools to support product features and marketing (Salesforce, Active Campaign, Segment, and HelloSign).
- Automated the whole process of listing and selling a house using template contracts and eSignatures, which made it possible to reduce the cost of selling a home to near zero.
Software Architect2012 - 2013Indra Software Labs
Technologies: Java, Spring, Apache Wicket, Hibernate, Node.js, AngularJS, Backbone.js, Express.js
- Redesigned legacy systems with the purpose of reducing the technical debt, providing APIs for web service integration and decoupling the presentation logic from the implementation of business rules.
- Taught courses and gave talks with the goal of spreading good practices such as agile development, continuous integration, and TDD within the teams.
- Worked directly with clients as a consultant, assisting in the definition of requirements and helping them to make the best technical decisions.
- Coded the presentation layer of the internet banking system of one of Brazil's biggest banks.