Software Engineer and Lead Developer2014 - PRESENTClubCollect
Technologies: Heroku, PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby, HTML, REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), DRY, Google Analytics API, Ruby on Rails 4, RubyMine, CSS, Test-driven Development (TDD), RESTful Development, REST APIs, Nokogiri, Sidekiq, ITerm
- Led a team of myself plus two developers, actively participating in their hiring, onboarding, and mentoring. In collaboration with the product team, we set quarterly goals and, every other week, we do feature selection for the next sprint.
- Worked as a full-stack developer, focusing on the back end, but touching all parts of the stack.
- Performed server operations, including deployments, database migrations, and maintenance.
- Provided technical support to our customer support team and product team.
- Optimized performance as well as debugged code and fixed bugs.
Lead Developer2016 - 2019Beathunter.net
Technologies: Heroku, Redis, Sinatra, Ruby, HTML, REST, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), DRY, Google Analytics API, Bootstrap, Web Scraping, RubyMine, Git, CSS, Test-driven Development (TDD), Amazon Web Services (AWS), REST APIs, RESTful Development, Nokogiri, Sidekiq, ITerm, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Vue
- Built an MVP and continued working on incremental iterations to make it ready for an official launch.
- Designed and implemented a distributed architecture to scrape and index the data with Resque jobs.
- Open-sourced a small part of the project and released it on GitHub.
Data Scientist2015 - 2015Event Study Tools
Technologies: Ggplot2, RStudio Shiny, R, Git
- Cleaned up and manipulated data.
- Performed exploratory analysis.
- Built interactive graphs with R, Shiny, and ggplot2.
Software Engineer2011 - 2014Plista
Technologies: Recommendation Systems, Google Vision API, Machine Learning, RStudio Shiny, R, Apache Solr, Redis, MySQL, PHP, HTML, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), DRY, Python, Scikit-learn, Git
- Developed a content-based system that recommends items for users based on items they had already read and built a pipeline to index items from publishers and advertisers.
- Implemented a queue and a cache with Redis on top of the system to scale it up.
- Developed a K-nearest neighbor classifier for news articles and integrated the classifier into the data pipeline to add categories to items that were being indexed in order to improve the precision of the recommendations.
- Developed a ranking algorithm using time-series data stored in Redis, which improved the average CTR of the recommendations by 50%.
- Built a dashboard with R, Shiny, and googleVis to visualize KPIs of recommendation algorithms.
- Fixed bugs and provided technical support to other teams.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011Xailabs
Technologies: Apache HTTP Server, jQuery, MySQL, PHP, HTML, CSS
- Developed new features for a sports-based social networking site.
- Built a REST API client to synchronize customers' data with an external CRM system.
- Implemented Facebook and Twitter integration for the website.
- Fixed bugs and provided technical support.
Software Engineer2008 - 2010Tecnocom
Technologies: Oracle, iText, Apache Lucene, Hibernate, Apache Struts, Java, HTML, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Built an online survey web application using Struts, Hibernate, and Oracle.
- Implemented indexing and document search in an internal tool by using the Lucene library.
- Developed PDF document generation in a Java web application using the iText library.
- Maintained and developed new features in Java web applications.
Junior Software Engineer2006 - 2008Cap Gemini
- Developed new features for an online banking site.
- Introduced Ajax requests to the existing web application to fetch lists of bank transactions without reloading the entire page.
- Maintained and upgraded a pre-existing PL/SQL app.
Developer Trainee2006 - 2006Dealer Software Solutions
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), Swing, Java, HTML, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Developed new features for an inventory control system.
- Coded the user interface with Java Swing for an existing console application.
- Built a batch process with T-SQL to automate the exchange of data between two databases.
Researcher and Software Developer2004 - 2006TSB Itaca - Polytechnic University of Valencia
Technologies: Windows XP, Microsoft SQL Server, C#, Object-oriented Programming (OOP)
- Developed a web application with C#.
- Designed and built a prototype set-top-box for a telemedicine application using an embedded system.