Vijay is a full-stack developer with over a dozen years of development experience. He is passionate about end-user mobile applications and obsessed with pixel-perfect design. Vijay is a fast learner and a friendly, communicative person who can mesh well with any team.
Android Studio, Xcode, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a stereo reconstruction of the gallbladder.
- Developed and deployed the use of WebRTC for real-time device interaction.
- Developed and deployed crash detection architecture to improve developer turnaround time for automated testing.
- Managed a team of three remote engineers to develop highly visible, scalable, and profitable customer-facing features.
- Developed a full SaaS service for developers to improve their CoreML models.
- Developed a complementary iOS SDK with multiple distribution channels.
- Automated deployment for quick turnaround for new features and fixes.
Android Tech Editor
- Helped develop articles and tutorials.
- Edited articles and tutorials.
- Provided technical expertise for accurate information.
- Provided feedback to authors to help them grow.
- Developed code for tutorials and articles.
CUE Audio, LLC
- Developed new features for the company's flagship SDK integrated into apps used by millions of customers.
- Developed and deployed Swift Package Manager deployment pipeline.
- Created automation pipeline using GitHub Actions to be used by the client to add new features and deploy to TestFlight with one click.
Senior Mobile Developer
- Owned the iOS and Android SDK, including publishing and deploying to platform-specific package managers.
- Created plugins for SDK for Adobe Air, Cordova/Ionic, React Native, Xamarin, and Unity.
- Managed open source projects on GitHub with thousands of daily active users.
- Wrote documents to help developers maximize SDK usage.
- Improved the build/release infrastructure for SDK plugins.
- Redesigned the Android application from the ground up.
- Added real-time chat and interactive support using WebSocket.
- Built and integrated real-time video streaming using RTMP.
- Implemented video-on-demand support using HLS and MPEG DASH.
- Managed releases through Google Play Store and Amazon App Store.
Datacap Systems, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Investigated possible solutions to fulfill the company's business requirements.
- Solidified and improved the Android project used in the integrated payments space.
- Managed new releases of the Android library.
- Helped move the project into Bitbucket and Git for improved distributed development.
- Wrote extensive handover documentation for future engineers to quickly dive into the project.
Senior Mobile Architect
- Made decisions on the approach to be taken for each architectural change or addition to the product.
- Turned requirements and high-level features into smaller tasks.
- Managed resource allocation on projects and deliverables.
- Owned the Continuous Integration process.
- Arranged releases to beta programs and Apple iOS App store as well as internal releases for QA purposes.
Senior Mobile Engineer
- Bootstrapped a continuous delivery environment for both iOS and Android.
- Re-architected a mobile application to make efficient use of battery life and network bandwidth.
- Redesigned the end-user experience as part of the company's rebranding.
- Managed app deployment to both Apple's App Store and Google's Play Store.
- Helped establish the Agile process for the mobile team.
Java Software Developer (Cloud Applications)
- Developed cloud and mobile solutions that extend the reach of Signiant products beyond traditional enterprise environments.
- Designed system components to align with high-performance system architecture.
- Implemented interfaces among system components and with external systems such as REST.
- Worked effectively within the Agile software development team.
Senior Member of R&D
Intelerad Medical Systems
- Led the development of the company's new flagship online clinical image viewer using the latest HTML5 technologies to develop a high-performance viewer targeted for web and mobile devices.
- Wrote, managed, and peer reviewed technical requirements.
- Designed and tested planning documents for all team projects, working closely with stakeholders to ensure both the company's best interests and the integrity of the software.
- Architected a new advanced visualization 3D application to integrate into a large enterprise codebase, working closely with UI designers to develop cutting-edge, feature-rich applications.
- Mentored new employees to adapt to the company culture in a lead position on projects and spearheaded new software development practices.
- Developed support for multiple platforms including mobile web, Android, and iOS.
Intermediate Member of R&D
Intelerad Medical Systems
- Worked in an Agile team and managed projects from design through to deployment stages.
- Researched new open-source technologies to use in client and server applications.
- Developed client-server based desktop applications in Java to meet the client's workflow needs.
- Volunteered frequently to provide in-house demonstrations of new software modules to other individuals including field-analysts, project managers, and stakeholders.
- Received an award for going beyond the call of duty by providing expert opinion and hands-on aid to all projects, including projects outside my team.
Junior Member of R&D
Intelerad Medical Systems
- Developed and maintained tight integrations with third-party partners within a short turnaround time.
- Communicated frequently with clients to develop requirements for new software features.
- Served as first-level contact for troubleshooting support for client issues, including off-hour support for clients in Australia.
- Received the "Culture Creature" award for quickly adapting into the company ecosystem and upholding the software's integrity while operating at high standards.
- Worked on a high-performance desktop medial image viewer.
Robarts Research Imaging Institute
- Implemented a stereo reconstruction and image segmentation using OpenCV.
- Developed and integrated segmentation modules with VTK/ITK in to an in-house image viewer.
- Ported several pieces of 2D segmentation and 3D reconstruction code written in Python in to C/C++.
- Developed background subtraction algorithms in C/C++ for an in-house video processing library.
- Researched new background subtraction algorithms for image-guided surgery videos.
PixPass is an attempt to break the monotony of remembering passwords. PixPass unlocks the power of your images to generate cryptographically strong passwords. Best of all, PixPass is a keyboard, so you can pull it up whenever you need it, without fumbling through your phone.
Beam - Interactive Streaming
Featured on CNET.com, The Next Web, USA Today, Gizmodo, App Advice, TechVibes, and many more publications.
Media Shuttle Mobile
Machine Learning by Tutorialshttps://store.raywenderlich.com/products/machine-learning-by-tutorials
This book will get you started with machine learning on iOS and Apple devices. The first bit is a gentle introduction to the world of machine learning and what it has to offer as well as what its limitations are. In the rest of the book, you'll look at each of these topics in more detail, until you know enough to make machine learning a useful tool in your software development toolbox.
Code Complete: Interview Prep
Coding interview prep is a numbers game that many candidates lose. Code Complete comes with 100 hand-picked coding interview questions to truly prepare you. If you want to ace the coding interviews, being well-versed in all common data structures and popular problem-solving methods is paramount. With 100 questions spanning 14 categories and 5 difficulty levels, we've got you covered.
Coding out solutions to algorithm problems is the best way to practice. Our code-execution environment lets you type out your answers and run them against our test cases right inside the app! Read the prompt. Write your solution. Get some hints. Run your code again. Check the output. Pass the tests. View our solution. All within the same workspace.
Use Code Complete. Get the job you deserve.
React Native, Android SDK, GWT, iOS SDK, Express.js, UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Mockito, Guice, AngularJS, Swing, Boost, Angular
Node.js, Android API, Keras, TensorFlow, React, Retrofit, CocoaPods, Backbone.js, Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Standard Template Library (STL), OpenCV, VTK, Smack API, Facebook Ads API
Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, Xcode, Git, IntelliJ, Karma, CVS, ITK, Mercurial, Bitbucket, GitHub, Canvas
Concurrent Programming, Design Patterns, Agile Software Development, Dependency Injection
Firebase, iOS, Android, Eclipse, WordPress, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
Google Play Store, Machine Learning, XMPP, Hessian, RTMP, MPEG-DASH, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), WebSockets
MySQL, MonetDB, BigTable, Amazon DynamoDB
Master of Engineering Sciences Degree in Biomedial Engineering
University of Western Ontario - London, Ontario
Bachelor of Electrical and Computer Engineering Degree in Computer Engineering
Concordia University - Montreal
Deep Learning Specialization
Structuring Machine Learning Projects
Improving Deep Neural Networks: Hyperparameter tuning, Regularization and Optimization
Neural Networks and Deep Learning
Programming Cloud Services for Android Handheld Systems
Pattern-Oriented Software Architectures: Programming Mobile Services for Android Handheld Systems
Programming Mobile Applications for Android Handheld Systems