- Android Tech Editor2016 - PRESENTRay Wenderlich
Technologies: WordPress, Android, Android SDK, Kotlin
- Helped develop articles and tutorials.
- Edited articles and tutorials.
- Provided technical expertise for accurate information.
- Provided feedback to authors to help them grow.
- Developed code for tutorials and articles.
- Senior Mobile Developer2015 - PRESENTTestFairy
Technologies: Xcode, Android Studio, GitHub
- Owned the iOS and Android SDK.
- Created plugins for SDK for Adobe Air, Cordova/Ionic, React Native, Xamarin and Unity.
- Managed open source projects on GitHub.
- Wrote documents to help developers maximize SDK usage.
- Improved the build/release infrastructure for SDK plugins.
- Android Engineer2016 - 2016Beam
Technologies: Android Studio, Android SDK, RTMP, MPEG-DASH, HLS, Web Sockets, Canvas
- Redesigned the app from the ground up.
- Added real-time chat and interactive support using web sockets.
- Built real-time video streaming using RTMP.
- Implemented video-on-demand support using HLS and MPEG DASH.
- Managed releases through Google Play store and Amazon App store.
- Android Engineer/Consultant2015 - 2015Datacap Systems, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Android SDK, Android Studio, BitBucket, Git
- Investigated possible solutions to fulfill the company's business requirements.
- Solidified and improved the Android project used in the integrated payments space.
- Managed new releases of the Android library.
- Helped move the project into BitBucket and Git for improved distributed development.
- Wrote extensive handover documentation for future engineers to quickly dive into the project.
- Senior Mobile Architect2015 - 2015Kwilt
Technologies: Android, iOS
- Made decisions on the approach to be taken for each architectural change or addition to the product.
- Turned requirements and high-level features into smaller tasks.
- Managed resource allocation on projects and deliverables.
- Owned the Continuous Integration process.
- Arranged releases to beta programs and Apple iOS App store as well as internal releases for QA purposes.
- Senior Mobile Engineer2014 - 2015Younility
Technologies: iOS, Android, Git, Xcode, Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Bootstrapped a continuous delivery environment for both iOS and Android.
- Re-architected a mobile application to make efficient use of battery life and network bandwidth.
- Redesigned the end-user experience as part of the company's rebranding.
- Managed app deployment to both Apple's App Store and Google's Play Store.
- Helped establish the Agile process to the mobile team.
- Java Software Developer (Cloud Applications)2014 - 2014Signiant
Technologies: AWS, DynamoDB, Android, iOS, Backbone
- Developed Cloud- and Mobile-based solutions that extend the reach of Signiant products beyond traditional enterprise environments.
- Designed system components to align with high-performance system architecture.
- Implemented interfaces among system components and with external systems such as REST.
- Worked effectively within the Agile software development team.
- Senior Member of R&D2011 - 2014Intelerad Medical Systems
Technologies: Android, iOS, GWT, Mockito, Guice, AngularJS, Karma
- Led the development of the company's new flagship online clinical image viewer using the latest HTML5 technologies to develop a high-performance viewer targeted for web and mobile devices.
- Wrote, managed, and peer-reviewed requirements.
- Designed and tested planning documents for all team projects, working closely with stakeholders to ensure both company's best interest, and the integrity of the software.
- Architected a new advanced visualization 3D application to integrate into a large enterprise code base, working closely with UI designers to develop cutting-edge, feature-rich applications.
- Mentored new employees to adapt to the company culture in a lead position on projects and spearheaded new software development practices.
- Developed support for multiple platforms including Mobile-Web, Android, and iOS.
- Intermediate Member of R&D2009 - 2011Intelerad Medical Systems
Technologies: Swing, XMPP, Smack, Tigase, Mecurial, Hessian/Burlap
- Worked in an Agile team and managed projects from design through to deployment stages.
- Researched new open-source technologies to use in client and server applications.
- Developed client-server based desktop applications in Java to meet the client's workflow needs.
- Volunteered frequently to provide in-house demonstrations of new software modules to other individuals including field-analysts, project managers, and stakeholders.
- Received an award for going beyond the call of duty by providing expert opinion and hands-on aid to all projects, including projects outside my team.
- Junior Member of R&D2007 - 2009Intelerad Medical Systems
Technologies: Java, Swing, MFC, STL, CVS, Boost
- Developed and maintained tight integrations with third-party partners in with short turn-around time.
- Communicated frequently with clients to develop requirements for new software features.
- Served as first-level contact for troubleshooting support for client issues, including off-hour support for clients in Australia.
- Received the "Culture Creature" award for quickly adapting into company ecosystem and upholding the software's integrity while operating at high standards.
- Worked on a high-performance desktop medial image viewer.
- Research Assistant2005 - 2007Robarts Research Imaging Institute
Technologies: Java, Python, C/C++, OpenCV, ITK/VTK
- Implemented a stereo reconstruction and image segmentation using OpenCV.
- Developed and integrated segmentation modules with VTK/ITK in to an in-house image viewer.
- Ported several pieces of 2D segmentation and 3D reconstruction code written in Python in to C/C++.
- Developed background subtraction algorithms in C/C++ for an in-house video processing library.
- Researched new background subtraction algorithms for image-guided surgery videos.