Founder2019 - PRESENTMLFairy.com
Technologies: TensorFlow, Keras, Machine Learning, Python 3, Xcode, Swift, iOS, Firebase, Angular, Node.js
- Developed a full SaaS service for developers to improve their CoreML models.
- Developed a complementary iOS SDK with multiple distribution channels.
- Automated deployment for quick turnaround for new features and fixes.
Android Tech Editor2016 - PRESENTRay Wenderlich
Technologies: Kotlin, Android SDK, Android, WordPress
- Helped develop articles and tutorials.
- Edited articles and tutorials.
- Provided technical expertise for accurate information.
- Provided feedback to authors to help them grow.
- Developed code for tutorials and articles.
Senior Mobile Developer2015 - PRESENTTestFairy
Technologies: React Native, PHP, Swift, iOS, GitHub, Android Studio, Xcode
- Owned the iOS and Android SDK.
- Created plugins for SDK for Adobe Air, Cordova/Ionic, React Native, Xamarin and Unity.
- Managed open source projects on GitHub.
- Wrote documents to help developers maximize SDK usage.
- Improved the build/release infrastructure for SDK plugins.
Android Engineer2016 - 2016Beam
Technologies: Canvas, WebSockets, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), MPEG-DASH, RTMP, Android SDK, Android Studio
- Redesigned the Android application from the ground up.
- Added real-time chat and interactive support using WebSocket.
- Built and integrated real-time video streaming using RTMP.
- Implemented video-on-demand support using HLS and MPEG DASH.
- Managed releases through Google Play Store and Amazon App Store.
Android Engineer/Consultant2015 - 2015Datacap Systems, Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Git, Bitbucket, Android Studio, Android SDK
- Investigated possible solutions to fulfill the company's business requirements.
- Solidified and improved the Android project used in the integrated payments space.
- Managed new releases of the Android library.
- Helped move the project into Bitbucket and Git for improved distributed development.
- Wrote extensive handover documentation for future engineers to quickly dive into the project.
Senior Mobile Architect2015 - 2015Kwilt
Technologies: Swift, Xcode, iOS, Android
- Made decisions on the approach to be taken for each architectural change or addition to the product.
- Turned requirements and high-level features into smaller tasks.
- Managed resource allocation on projects and deliverables.
- Owned the Continuous Integration process.
- Arranged releases to beta programs and Apple iOS App store as well as internal releases for QA purposes.
Senior Mobile Engineer2014 - 2015Younility
Technologies: IntelliJ, Eclipse, Xcode, Git, Android, iOS
- Bootstrapped a continuous delivery environment for both iOS and Android.
- Re-architected a mobile application to make efficient use of battery life and network bandwidth.
- Redesigned the end-user experience as part of the company's rebranding.
- Managed app deployment to both Apple's App Store and Google's Play Store.
- Helped establish the Agile process for the mobile team.
Java Software Developer (Cloud Applications)2014 - 2014Signiant
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Backbone.js, iOS, Android, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS
- Developed cloud and mobile solutions that extend the reach of Signiant products beyond traditional enterprise environments.
- Designed system components to align with high-performance system architecture.
- Implemented interfaces among system components and with external systems such as REST.
- Worked effectively within the Agile software development team.
Senior Member of R&D2011 - 2014Intelerad Medical Systems
Technologies: Xcode, Karma, AngularJS, Guice, Mockito, GWT, iOS, Android
- Led the development of the company's new flagship online clinical image viewer using the latest HTML5 technologies to develop a high-performance viewer targeted for web and mobile devices.
- Wrote, managed, and peer reviewed technical requirements.
- Designed and tested planning documents for all team projects, working closely with stakeholders to ensure both the company's best interests and the integrity of the software.
- Architected a new advanced visualization 3D application to integrate into a large enterprise codebase, working closely with UI designers to develop cutting-edge, feature-rich applications.
- Mentored new employees to adapt to the company culture in a lead position on projects and spearheaded new software development practices.
- Developed support for multiple platforms including mobile web, Android, and iOS.
Intermediate Member of R&D2009 - 2011Intelerad Medical Systems
Technologies: Hessian, Mercurial, Smack API, XMPP, Swing
- Worked in an Agile team and managed projects from design through to deployment stages.
- Researched new open-source technologies to use in client and server applications.
- Developed client-server based desktop applications in Java to meet the client's workflow needs.
- Volunteered frequently to provide in-house demonstrations of new software modules to other individuals including field-analysts, project managers, and stakeholders.
- Received an award for going beyond the call of duty by providing expert opinion and hands-on aid to all projects, including projects outside my team.
Junior Member of R&D2007 - 2009Intelerad Medical Systems
Technologies: Boost, CVS, Standard Template Library (STL), Microsoft Foundation Class Library (MFC), Swing, Java
- Developed and maintained tight integrations with third-party partners within a short turnaround time.
- Communicated frequently with clients to develop requirements for new software features.
- Served as first-level contact for troubleshooting support for client issues, including off-hour support for clients in Australia.
- Received the "Culture Creature" award for quickly adapting into the company ecosystem and upholding the software's integrity while operating at high standards.
- Worked on a high-performance desktop medial image viewer.
Research Assistant2005 - 2007Robarts Research Imaging Institute
Technologies: VTK, ITK, OpenCV, C++, C, Python, Java
- Implemented a stereo reconstruction and image segmentation using OpenCV.
- Developed and integrated segmentation modules with VTK/ITK in to an in-house image viewer.
- Ported several pieces of 2D segmentation and 3D reconstruction code written in Python in to C/C++.
- Developed background subtraction algorithms in C/C++ for an in-house video processing library.
- Researched new background subtraction algorithms for image-guided surgery videos.