Verified Expert in Engineering
Viksit is a tech enthusiast who has studied computer science at MIT, focusing on systems design. He has worked as a full-stack engineer for the last seven years. He specializes in designing and building RESTful web services and scalable web applications for various clients. Viksit's tech stack is Ruby/Rails and React/Redux.
Git, Sublime Text, Vim Text Editor, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've coded is a Pacman agent that uses Markov models and reinforcement learning to model and win against complex adversarial Pacman worlds 9/10 times.
Senior Software Engineer Contractor
- Shouldered the responsibility with the rest of the (growth) team to build and launch various important features (including just launched Spin Pass).
- Built from scratch a web admin feature to auto-create Zendesk tickets when a new review was received on an app that met certain criteria (low rating, certain keywords, etc).
- Added an extra layer of JSON Web Tokens verification to fix a critical bug related to Google and Apple Sign in.
Lead Full-stack Engineer (Remote)
Fort Point Beer Company (via Toptal)
- Worked directly with the CEO to refactor the existing monolithic Ruby on Rails code into a service-based architecture and a pure REST JSON API back end along with a React/Redux front end.
- Refactored major parts of the React code and added Redux and React-Router to improve code design and structure.
- Implemented a KPI reporting tool to visualize data for orders, sales, revenues, deliveries etc grouped and/or filtered by dates, sales rep, product category, sku etc. that the management used extensively for insights to make data driven decisions.
- Implemented various functionalities for an in-house dashboard app that lets the sales and logistics teams handle accounts, orders, and deliveries.
- Refactored the code to improve structure and code design as per SOLID principles.
- Improved the execution time for many KPI requests by optimizing SQL queries.
Full-stack Engineer (Remote)
DirtyLemon Beverages (via Toptal)
- Worked in a team of three (later extended to five) to build and extend a CRM interface to manage customers, orders, shipments, and more.
- Designed and implemented an extensible customer metric reporting module.
- Extended an existing chat interface built with React with multiple features like paginated loading, message loading, conversation filters, and more.
- Added views and modified layouts with pixel-perfect designs for a customer-facing product portal.
- Modified and extended the seven-step checkout process with features that followed the client's specifications.
- Added features like UTM capturing and VIP checkout in the customer-facing portal.
Software Engineer (Remote)
Clustrix (via Toptal)
- Worked in a team of three to extend and maintain an admin interface (consisting of a DBI app and GUI app) for an existing scaled-out RDBS product.
- Extended the DBI app API for multiple resource endpoints.
- Implemented and extended multiple features like sanitization against XSS attacks, 300+ lines validations module, and more.
- Introduced React and Webpack into the project and implemented a feature-heavy collection editing tool of (1,000+ lines of code) from scratch with React.
Picr, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Wrote a testing setup for the React/Redux architecture using Mocha, Expect.js, Sinon, and Enzyme.
- Wrote the JSON web token-based authentication service as a higher-order React component.
- Built various reusable react components including but not limited to the Facebook login button, input form fields, authentication forms, and more.
- Created various HTML/CSS pages and screens from Sketch Files with pixel-perfect designs to be used across various parts of the web app.
Software Engineer (Remote)
- Worked directly with the lead engineer to build a platform for video artists to secure and manage projects.
- Designed and implemented a clean version REST API for the back-end to talk to multiple clients.
- Wrote multiple Ember adapters for a client side Ember app.
- Designed, implemented and tested a fault tolerant authentication and authorization module to be included as a mix-in in various Ember modules while talking to the server.
- Added multiple features to a Node.js web service.
Software Engineer (Remote)
- Worked in a team of five to build a Rails/React based messaging platform for businesses.
- Created various critical components (React) to nail down core functionality.
- Set up a solid testing environment for React components.
- Wrote a comprehensive testing suite to test React components using Enzyme (Airbnb), Jasmine, and Jest.
Chief Technical Officer
- Headed a three-member team to build a full-fledged CRM from scratch in Ruby on Rails and React.
- Built a stats reporting service in Python; it analyzed weekly/monthly data to crunch various critical performance metrics to send daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Built a complex dashboard (six tabs of ~ten columns each) using React/Redux for a blazing performance even under a heavy load.
- Deployed and maintained app on Linode VPS using Nginx and Passenger.
- Set up Elasticsearch as the full-text search engine.
- Worked as part of the super sought-after five-member search and discovery team.
- Built a service that helped improve search results by integrating Amazon-Facebook-Connect information with regular search algorithms (used the Facebook Connect API).
- Set up an in-house graphing and reporting tool to help monitor user authentication statistics that helped analyze and improve user login stats.
- Built a comprehensive online cataloging and inventory management tool.
- Developed a slick custom paint app for editing designs.
- Created a simple version system to be used in CMS for designs.
- Wrote a Python script to back up and move several gigabytes worth of existing data to the new catalog.
- Optimized SQL queries and implemented caching.
- Used built-in Rails helpers to improve the response time of data-heavy pages.
- Redesigned the UI to represent information more logically.
- Wrote an extensive test suite for unit, functional, and behavior tests.
- Developed a custom authentication system built on top of a device.
- Added multiple features to a client-side heavy, real-time web application.
Ember.js, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Redux, React Native, Jest, Jasmine, Express.js, Flux, Bootstrap, Alt.js, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Angular, AngularJS, Capybara, Flask, Django, Padrino, Sinatra
React, REST APIs, RefluxJS, Node.js, Ember Data, Backbone.js, Facebook API, Sidekiq, jQuery, jqPlot, React Router, AREL, Stripe API, Facebook Open Graph API, PubNub
Sublime Text, Git, Mocha, Vim Text Editor, RSpec, Cucumber, Babel, Webpack, Sketch, Capistrano
RESTful Development, Test-driven Development (TDD), Testing, REST, Functional Programming, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI)
Full-stack, User Interface (UI), Third-party APIs, Prismic, BitTorrent
Linux, MacOS, Netlify
MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch
Bachelor of Science Degree (Semester Pending) in Computer Science
Massachusetts Institute of Technology | MIT - Cambridge, MA, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring