Full-stack Engineer (Remote)2017 - PRESENTFort Point Beer Company (via Toptal)
- Implemented a comprehensive KPI dashboard app in React.js/Redux that helps management track key performance metrics.
- Refactored major parts of the React.js code and added Redux and React-Router to improve code design and structure.
- Worked directly with the CEO to refactor the existing monolithic Ruby on Rails code into a service-based architecture and a pure REST JSON API back-end along with a React.js/Redux front-end (in progress).
- Implemented various functionalities for an in-house dashboard app that lets the sales and logistics teams handle accounts, orders, and deliveries.
- Refactored the code to improve structure and code design as per SOLID principles.
- Improved the execution time for many KPI requests by optimizing SQL queries.
Full-stack Engineer (Remote)2017 - 2017DirtyLemon Beverages (via Toptal)
- Worked in a team of three (later extended to five) to build and extend a CRM interface to manage customers, orders, shipments, and more.
- Designed and implemented an extensible customer metric reporting module.
- Extended an existing chat interface built with React with multiple features like paginated loading, message loading, conversation filters, and more.
- Added views and modified layouts with pixel-perfect designs for a customer-facing product portal.
- Modified and extended the seven-step checkout process with features that followed the client's specifications.
- Added features like UTM capturing and VIP checkout in the customer-facing portal.
Software Engineer (Remote)2016 - 2017Clustrix (via Toptal)
- Worked in a team of three to extend and maintain an admin interface (consisting of a DBI app and GUI app) for an existing scaled-out RDBS product.
- Extended the DBI app API for multiple resource endpoints.
- Implemented and extended multiple features like sanitization against XSS attacks, 300+ lines validations module, and more.
- Introduced React and Webpack into the project and implemented a feature-heavy collection editing tool of (1,000+ lines of code) from scratch with React.
Developer2016 - 2016Picr, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Wrote a testing setup for the React/Redux architecture using Mocha, Expect.js, Sinon, and Enzyme.
- Wrote the JSON web token-based authentication service as a higher order React component.
- Built various reusable react components including but not limited to the Facebook login button, input form fields, authentication forms, and more.
- Created various HTML/CSS pages and screens from Sketch Files with pixel-perfect designs to be used across various parts of the web app.
Software Engineer (Remote)2015 - 2016Birch
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Ember
- Worked directly with the lead engineer to build a platform for video artists to secure and manage projects.
- Designed and implemented a clean version REST API for the back-end to talk to multiple clients.
- Wrote multiple Ember adapters for a client side Ember app.
- Designed, implemented and tested a fault tolerant authentication and authorization module to be included as a mix-in in various Ember modules while talking to the server.
- Added multiple features to a Node.js web service.
Software Engineer (Remote)2015 - 2016Sonar
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, Sidekiq, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Worked in a team of five to build a Rails/React based messaging platform for businesses.
- Created various critical components (React) to nail down core functionality.
- Set up a solid testing environment for React components.
- Wrote a comprehensive testing suite to test React components using Enzyme (Airbnb), Jasmine, and Jest.
Chief Technical Officer2014 - 2016Fixmasters
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Reflux, Elasticsearch
- Headed a three-member team to build a full-fledged CRM from scratch in Ruby on Rails and React.
- Built a stats reporting service in Python; it analyzed weekly/monthly data to crunch various critical performance metrics to send daily/weekly/monthly reports.
- Built a complex dashboard (six tabs of ~ten columns each) using React/Redux for a blazing performance even under a heavy load.
- Deployed and maintained app on Linode VPS using Nginx and Passenger.
- Set up Elasticsearch as the full-text search engine.
Software Engineer2013 - 2013Amazon
Technologies: Python, PHP, Facebook API, jQuery, jqPlot
- Worke as part of the super sought-after five-member search and discovery team.
- Built a service that helped improve search results by integrating Amazon-Facebook-Connect information with regular search algorithms (used the Facebook Connect API).
- Set up an in-house graphing and reporting tool to help monitor user authentication statistics that helped analyze and improve user login stats.
Full-stack Developer2012 - 2013Zikea
Technologies: Python, Django, Angular
- Built a comprehensive online cataloging and inventory management tool.
- Developed a slick custom paint app for editing designs.
- Created a simple version system to be used in CMS for designs.
- Wrote a Python script to back up and move several gigabytes worth of existing data to the new catalog.
Consultant Developer2012 - 2012PajamaDeals
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Angular
- Optimized SQL queries and implemented caching.
- Used built-in Rails helpers to improve the response time of data-heavy pages.
- Redesigned the UI to represent information more logically.
Consultant2012 - 2012Oroeco
Technologies: Ruby on Rail, Rspec, Capybara, Cucumber, Backbone.js
- Wrote an extensive test suite for unit, functional, and behavior tests.
- Developed a custom authentication system built on top of a device.
- Added multiple features to a client-side heavy, real-time web application.