Verified Expert in Engineering
For over 15 years, Victor's been working as a developer on a range of projects in various industries—from building smart grid solutions for the management of electric power distribution systems that covers cities and countries to bioinformatics systems with data processing capabilities of petabytes while working with top pharma companies. Currently, he's working on machine learning projects in cheminformatics targeting specific diseases.
The most amazing...
...thing I’ve built was SevenBridges.com: a cloud-based environment for conducting bioinformatic research and a hub to store, analyze, and interpret their data.
Lead Software Developer
- Developed Paperswithcode.com: a Django application that collects ML papers and GitHub repositories and connects them and extracts the relevant metrics from papers to provide the user with a coherent state of the ML development.
- Wrote Sotabench.com: an autoscale distributed execution system based on AWS EC2 that benchmarks users ML models, compares them with each other and the results that are published in the relevant papers.
Python Developer for Integration
Ambi Labs Limited (via Toptal)
- Created a system on Amazon Lambda architecture that synchronizes and notifies all the three parties that participate in selling a product: the producer, seller, and the delivery management service. The system integrates its APIs into one application with all management features needed for controlling the flow of products.
Director of Engineering
- Worked on a couple of projects, mostly in the field of cheminformatics; used recurrent neural networks in combination with reinforcement learning to accomplish de novo drug design.
- Predicted the molecular properties and possible target-binding sites from the 3D molecular representation using a combination of convolutional and relational neural network.
- Created a library for running custom Python code on the Seven Bridges platform.
- Developed an AWS instance management system tailored for our machine learning needs in the company.
Senior Python Developer
Undisclosed Cryptocurrency Startup with Amatus GmbH
- Worked as part of a remote team that designed and developed a brand new modern cryptocurrency exchange web application that allows clients to place crypto-orders and trade Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other ERC20 tokens.
- Developed, full-stack, the web application and handled the integration with external services like BitGo.
- Developed useful Python 3 web services, asynchronous Celery tasks, RabbitMQ queues, Redis Caches, SQL procedures, and worked on part of the React-based front-end web application.
Architect | Team Lead
Seven Bridges Genomics
- Bootstrapped a genomics data storage and pipeline execution engine with all the enterprise features included (ACL permission model, organizations and sectors, data sharing, notification, billing, and more).
- Maintained, with my team, a variety of services: authentication and authorization service, permission service, complete billing, project organization service, task service, monitoring-and-notification service, and a multi-cloud single sign-on.
- Designed and implemented the RESTful API and the object-oriented bindings in Python for the API. (All actions available on the platform were exposed using the API.).
- Built automation systems for our clients that required the complete automation of their processes which boots up Amazon instances and runs monitored automation in the cloud—orchestrating the Seven Bridges platform and enabling end-to-end solutions for our client.
- Developed the site for the Cancer Genomics Cloud (CancerGenomics.com) which explores the paradigm of colocalizing massive genomics datasets, like The Cancer Genomics Atlas (TCGA), alongside secure and scalable computational resources to analyze them.
Schneider Electric DMS
- Developed a service that managed the data actualization of the complete DMS System. Whenever the model of the electrical network was updated, a new model needed to be deployed to our distributed platform seamlessly. The component used a three-phase commit with a write-ahead log to update tens of services while keeping the system live and responsive.
- Built a model manager GUI app for the electrical model management and controlling the model actualization process. This application came in pair with the data actualization system. It was used to review the new models and send them to production.
- Wrote a solution for homegrown build, packaging, delivery, and deployment. Since we had a large number of services kept in separate repositories, we needed a unified build system with dependency management. The system built an installation that was automatically deployed to our test systems for further automated testing.
- Developed a remote automated-testing framework. After the deployment of the application to the test system a suite of automated tests was executed. The product included a GUI application so UI test used the Microsoft Automation library. Since all tests were scheduled from a single machine and the results were aggregated there, we developed a remote code execution system.
- Built a DSL for writing UI tests so that non-developers can easily write and maintain them.
Machine Learning Junior
- Built a lyrics-to-song alignment system using neural networks.
- Worked as a part-time DevOps maintaining the complete company infrastructure including repositories, VPN, LDAP, router, and more.
- Maintained the custom, Fedora-based, Linux distribution called Atomix Linux.
- Developed custom secure tools for the remote management of a Linux installment.
- Built an on-premise infrastructure solutions for our clients.
- Gained an LPI certification.
Freelance Web Developer
- Developed an RSS feed aggregator written in Python and Django which aggregated Italian news sites.
- Built a wrapper for the Amazon SQS and S3 web services in Python (this was before Boto came out) in Python.
- Created a sports-betting site.
- Developed an anomaly detection and notification system in a data processing project; notifications were sent on schedules depending on the responsible person and his work hours.
Seven Bridges Platformhttps://www.sevenbridges.com
Cancer Genomics Cloudhttp://www.cancergenomicscloud.org
Six Fundamental Parts:
• Power control system
• Energy management
• Supervisory control and data acquisition
• Distribution management system
• Outage management
• Demand response management
• A single software platform which reduces the cost and effort of system administration
• A single data model which reduces the cost of maintenance in utility and reduces inconsistency from the operational point of view
• A single user interface which makes easier the day-to-day tasks of the system operators
• A single point of integration to the external systems which in turn reduces the number of integration nodes in utility
• Real-time processing of all events that removes completely old style of database applications
Django, Django REST Framework, Flask, Electron, Qt, Spark, gRPC, Hadoop
Matplotlib, NumPy, Pandas, TensorFlow, Node.js, Scikit-learn, Natural Language Toolkit (NLTK), SciPy, jQuery, Protobuf
Mercurial, Git, RabbitMQ, Adobe Spark, PyCharm, Elastic
Agile Software Development, Functional Programming, Concurrent Programming, Object-relational Mapping (ORM)
Linux, MacOS, Windows, Fedora, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Apache Kafka
PostgreSQL, CouchDB, MongoDB, MySQL, Riak, Redis, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Cython, Sanic Web Server, Tornado, CORBA
Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications
University of Novi Sad Faculty of Technical Sciences - Novi Sad, Serbia
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring