President2013 - PRESENTBlackwater Pragmatic
- Specialized in legacy application enhancement as well as new product development. Architected a variety of solutions - including microservice and REST APIs utilizing a wide variety of storage and messaging technologies while leveraging Amazon Web Service (AWS) scalable infrastructure components.
- Oversaw the delivery of Java and Node.js solutions. Responsible for mentoring and guiding the development team, performing code reviews, and ensuring the overall quality of deliverables. Continuously reviewed the software development process to improve frequency, stability, and repeatability of releases. Achieved success in expanding the use of automated testing tools and change/release management software.
- Served as the sprint manager responsible for leading task management and estimation discussions between technical teams and business stakeholders. Tasked with setting project schedule and managing customer expectations, while also motivating the technical team to deliver high-quality software on time and budget.
- Provided DevOps, release, and production support - finding ways to deliver more automation, better analytics, and real-time monitoring capabilities.
Senior Software Engineer 2013 - 2014Negawatt Business Solutions
Technologies: Java, Cassandra, MongoDB, Dart, Google Go, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ
- Led enhancement and maintenance of 3rd party custom software application critical to the success of the business. Implemented several performance improvements and refactored code to meet software best practices.
- Researched and developed a prototype architecture for new applications. Dove deep into many new technologies for next-generation application stack including Cassandra, MongoDB, Dart, Google Go, ZeroMQ, and RabbitMQ.
Senior Software Engineer2007 - 2014CTG
- Dedicated driver acting as a project manager and technical leader for a team developing software as a service (SaaS) solutions following Agile software development practices.
- Mentored a team of engineers with a focus to "bridge the gap" between educational and professional development. Topics included software patterns, debugging, profiling, version control, unit testing, and overall code quality.
- Developed rich-internet-application (RIA) interfaces in FLEX and GWT/AJAX. Database design combines JPA with elements of Ruby on Rails to create a flexible ORM layer.
- Leveraged Spring Security, OpenSSO/OpenAM, and LDAP to provide authentication and authorization with single sign-on (SSO) capabilities.
- Implemented ontology-based solutions for semantic applications written using SPARQL and Jena.
- Served as an integral member of the team contracted to deliver SOA solution to a leading healthcare provider. Leveraged Sun's JCAPS to automate business processes and integrate legacy systems through a combination of JMS, MQ, web services, and traditional database components.
- Piloted process to unit test and profile SOA components with the goal of identifying performance bottlenecks and implementation of targeted enhancements. Developed generic X12 EDI parser framework to process and customize the various message structures common in Health Care implementations.
- Led data integration efforts with Dun & Bradstreet and Experian, defining API and troubleshooting data quality issues.