Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Bank of America
Technologies: React.js, Node.js, Redux, MobX, Redis, MySQL, SVN
- Built the next generation of an internal system that encompasses building, deploying, analyzing and caching using Node and React.
- Introduced an observable state and container/template pattern to reduce inappropriate and costly application rerenders and improved performance.
- Reduced deployment-to-production times from over one hour to less than one minute by using Node and an optimized infrastructure.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2016Red Ventures
Technologies: React.js, Node.js, Go, Redux, AngularJS, MySQL, AWS, Redis, NSQ, EC2, Docker, Git
- Implemented the integration with Facebook Messenger, using Facebook’s alpha live chat Node.js client and plugging it into our existing live chat platform via Redis and NSQ.
- Developed a new front-end UI for agents to interface with Messenger customers utilizing WebSockets, React.js, Redux, and Immutable.js.
- Developed features and maintained all the components of a real-time chat application that included a customer-facing chat client on partner marketing sites, an agent interface for handling multiple customer chats, back-end servers for socket event-handling and chat routing to agents, RESTful web services for CRM integration, and message queuing system for back-end communication using Node.js, AngularJS, React.js, Redis, and MongoDB.
- Designed, architected, and implemented a modular, socket-based, real-time sales platform that provided CRM system, phone system integration, agent workflow management system, and sales platform used by sales agents (using Golang and React.js with Redux as the core architecture components).
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2015Ascension
- Built the eCommerce website and API for the precious metals company with Salesforce integrations.
- Developed systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions built on Node.js.
- Determined the operational feasibility by evaluating, analyzing, problem defining, and looking over the requirements, working on solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Built automated systems in Node to complete purchasing and inventory control, including monitoring and issue of purchase orders in real time.
- Developed software solutions by studying information needs and conferring with users,.
- Studied systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigated problem areas.
Engineer2013 - 2014Bedrock Business Media
- Created an admin panel to manage caching and other system administrative duties.
- Conducted performance tuning in critical areas.
- Reduced the average page time from six seconds to under two.
- Refactored the existing code to reduce memory footprint.
- Wrote deployment scripts to standardize code roll outs.
- Utilized SEO improvements to increase placement.
Web Developer2011 - 2013SBMG
- Acted as the primary developer for third party integration and customization.
- Rebuilt a multi-million dollar application in PHP which increased website performance, reduced server load, SEO, and an overall user experience.
- Reduced costs by 40% in the web department by providing in-house solutions.
- Used advance knowledge of programming languages to create an in-house marketing and sales campaign to reduce paperwork and increase communication within the corporate network.
- Managed the dedicated servers that house more than 18 websites with nearly zero downtime.