Senior Data Visualization Engineer2020 - 2020Stealth Mode Cybersecurity Company (via Toptal)
Technologies: Antd, Styled-jsx, TypeScript, Jest, Nightwatch.js, MobX, Canvas, SVG, REST API, React, G6, D3.js
- Developed a large scale data visualization solution to help users easily navigate complex relationships.
- Leveraged D3 and G6 (graph visualization frameworks) to plot hundreds of interconnected data points and make them interactive.
- Set up communication between visualizations (rendered on Canvas) using MobX and added React components that made up the app.
- Build supporting components for visualizations using React to allow users to switch between various modes.
- Used Jest for unit testing individual components and Nightwatch for end-to-end testing.
- Built UI components on top of Antd and additional styling was applied using Styled.
CTO2019 - 2020Fast Science
Technologies: Google Analytics API, Cloud Firestore, Node.js, Firebase, Postman, Jest, Hapi.js, Redux, React
- Analyzed the patent landscape, identified friction points in the reading patent literature, and designed a user journey to help users read the latest patents through short interactive summaries.
- Built the patent summarization author platform using React, Redux, Node.js, Firebase, and Python.
- Used Python to scrape large amounts of patent data from the USPTO website and used various keyword metrics to rank patents by importance.
- Designed UI wireframes using Figma, worked with design to prettify them and implemented them using JSX.
- Developed the first version of the website on WordPress to validate the idea and gain traction.
Data Visualization and Security Engineer2019 - 2019LYT.ai
Technologies: TypeScript, Passport.js, Deck.gl, React, Node.js
- Worked as a full-stack engineer directly with the founders of Lyt.ai, an autonomous vehicle startup.
- Used DeckGL, Mapbox, and React to create interactive layers on the map for traffic engineers to visualize the current position/speed of buses.
- Created interactive elements for bus routes, stops, and other elements to be rendered on screen.
- Created APIs in Node.js/Express to push real-time geo updates to clients.
- Implemented authentication/login, authorization/roles, and 2FA for various user roles.
Principal Technology Consultant2018 - 2018iMerit
Technologies: Sphinx Search Engine, Puppeteer, Jest, Sketch 4, Bootstrap, Webpack, React, SVG.js
- Designed an application framework (similar to React) for accelerating modular development.
- Implemented vector graphic annotations for image sequences.
- Reviewed existing code and helped separate services and data sources from views.
- Designed an algorithm to reduce the complexity of finding polygon intersections in a 2D space.
- Wrote unit and functional tests using Jest and Puppeteer.
- Created an auto-documentation tool using Python Sphinx.
Lead JS Developer (Consultant)2017 - 2018Knowcross Pte. Ltd.
- Migrated a hotel utilities management software with 60+ screens from MS Silverlight to HTML5/JS using Angular JS.
- Worked with the product manager to sketch revised user onboarding to be developed in HTML5.
- Developed the front end for four critical modules in three weeks so that existing clients can be moved to the new interface.
- Worked with the back-end team to create testable and consistent APIs to be consumed on the front end.
- Wrote unit tests using Protractor as part of my role.
Founder CTO | Product Head2011 - 2015Framebench
- Developed the prototype and acquired early customers.
- Raised a seed and then an angel round through reputed VCs in the Indian market.
- Built a WebSocket-based interface to allow multiple people to view media in sync (Tabletop sync).
- Hired and worked with a technology team to make sure the experience is consistent across web and mobile.
- Developed an API for easy integration into other tools like Gmail and Box.
- Tracked and optimised user on-boarding and workflow by setting up integrations with Google Analytics API and Mixpanel.