Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Visualization Developer
Webpack, Git, OS X, CODE, Slack, Linux
The most amazing...
...problem I've worked on is the large-scale visualization of robots for a warehouse automation platform.
Front-end Team Lead
Rapyuta Robotics Co., Ltd.
- Led a front-end engineering team of eight people to build products for warehouse visualization and cloud deployment.
- Optimized canvas rendering for a large-scale warehouse visualization platform where operators could track robots performing works in the warehouse, routing graphs, points, and regions of interest, which defined the paths and behavior of robots.
- Developed efficient code-sharing methods between UIs targeted for different robots using Webpack module federation (Redux) store sharing and Git submodules.
- Managed scrum ceremonies such as backlog cleaning, sprint planning, and retrospectives. Refined the methodology with release planning for medium to long-term visibility of product roadmap.
- Took the role of repository owner for front-end repositories and oversaw reviewing PRs, managing CI using GitHub Actions, and SemVer versioning of Docker images.
- Established practices for writing pure and typed React components with clear specs (props) that are easily testable.
Engineering Team Lead
- Helped the team identify and clean up technical debt without blocking critical feature development and meet business goals, including server-side code written using the Koa framework in Node.js and front-end code written using React and DVA.
- Created a plan to reduce cloud resource consumption on AWS by identifying underutilized and unused resources, merging duplicate resources, and separating staging and production environments.
- Proposed and implemented a proper Scrum workflow, including sprint planning, backlog cleaning, and retrospective meetings with the product manager and engineering team.
Senior Data Visualization Engineer
Stealth Mode Cybersecurity Company (via Toptal)
- Developed a large-scale data visualization solution to help users easily navigate complex relationships.
- Leveraged D3 and G6 (graph visualization frameworks) to plot hundreds of interconnected data points and make them interactive.
- Set up communication between visualizations (rendered on Canvas) using MobX and added React components that made up the app.
- Built supporting components for visualizations using React to allow users to switch between various modes.
- Used Jest for unit testing individual components and Nightwatch for end-to-end testing.
- Built UI components on top of Antd and additional styling was applied using Styled.
- Analyzed the patent landscape, identified friction points in the reading patent literature, and designed a user journey to help users read the latest patents through short, interactive summaries.
- Built the patent summarization author platform using React, Redux, Node.js, Firebase, and Python.
- Used Python to scrape large amounts of patent data from the USPTO website and used various keyword metrics to rank patents by importance.
- Designed UI wireframes using Figma, worked with design to prettify them, and implemented them using JSX.
- Developed the first version of the website on WordPress to validate the idea and gain traction.
Data Visualization and Security Engineer
- Worked as a full-stack engineer directly with the founders of Lyt.ai, an autonomous vehicle startup.
- Used DeckGL, Mapbox, and React to create interactive layers on the map for traffic engineers to visualize the current position/speed of buses.
- Created interactive elements for bus routes, stops, and other elements to be rendered on screen.
- Created APIs in Node.js/Express to push real-time geo updates to clients.
- Implemented authentication/login, authorization/roles, and 2FA for various user roles.
Principal Technology Consultant
- Designed an application framework (similar to React) for accelerating modular development.
- Implemented vector graphic annotations for image sequences.
- Reviewed existing code and helped separate services and data sources from views.
- Designed an algorithm to reduce the complexity of finding polygon intersections in a 2D space.
- Wrote unit and functional tests using Jest and Puppeteer.
- Created an auto-documentation tool using Python Sphinx.
Lead JS Developer (Consultant)
Knowcross Pte. Ltd.
- Migrated a hotel utilities management software with 60+ screens from MS Silverlight to HTML5/JS using Angular JS.
- Worked with the product manager to sketch revised user onboarding to be developed in HTML5.
- Developed the front end for four critical modules in three weeks so that existing clients can be moved to the new interface.
- Worked with the back-end team to create testable and consistent APIs to be consumed on the front end.
- Wrote unit tests using Protractor as part of my role.
Founder CTO | Product Head
- Developed the prototype and acquired early customers.
- Raised a seed and then an angel round through reputed VCs in the Indian market.
- Built a WebSocket-based interface to allow multiple people to view media in sync (Tabletop sync).
- Hired and worked with a technology team to make sure the experience is consistent across web and mobile.
- Developed an API for easy integration into other tools like Gmail and Box.
- Tracked and optimised user on-boarding and workflow by setting up integrations with Google Analytics API and Mixpanel.
Framebench — Google Docs for Creative Professionalshttps://techcrunch.com/2013/02/22/framebench-is-a-google-docs-for-creative-collaboration/
The studio did daily reviews with their creative directors sitting out of the US. Framebench was built to help them create well-defined tasks out of this feedback. Further, they could compare newer revisions with previous ones to see if all the feedback was implemented.
Eventually, Framebench was expanded to include other media types, namely images, PDFs, and other documents.
Tinsel — Mobile Shopping Got a Makeoverhttps://youtu.be/KHsEJnXesRs
Birch — Connecting Video Creators to Businesseshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2bjrO_yU5o
I founded the business, built the platform, and worked on business development to get more clients on the platform.
Knowcross — From Silverlight to Angularhttps://youtu.be/ql9Rn8An_pM
Background Removal Apphttps://github.com/vineet89/remove-bg-keras
Express.js, Redux, Hapi.js, Deck.gl, Bootstrap, Next.js, CODE, Jest, AngularJS
D3.js, React, Node.js, SVG.js, React Redux, Styled-jsx, Puppeteer, REST APIs, MobX, Antd, Reselect
Git, Sketch, Figma, Webpack, Sketch 4, Postman, Canvas, Jira, Jenkins, Webpack 4
Firebase, Mapbox, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux
Cloud Firestore, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, JSON/XML Schemas
Semantic UI, G6, Data Visualization, Deep Neural Networks, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electrical and Electronics
Birla Institute of Technology & Science - Pilani, India
Convolutional Neural Networks
Structuring Machine Learning Projects
Improving Deep Neural Networks: Hyperparameter Tuning, Regularization and Optimization
Neural Networks and Deep Learning
Economic Times POI Winner
Department of Science & Technology, India