Full-stack Web Developer2018 - 2018Connected in Education, Ltd. (via Toptal)
- Gained my first taste of using ActionCable in a real-world project, for a real-time chat and instant notifications.
- Built a feature with a data feed from Elasticsearch.
- Developed another form of client-side rendering using JST and Jade.
- Used Stimulus.js right after Basecamp folks released the first stable version (1.0).
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 2018Stacked Sports
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, React Native, Intercom, Recharts, AWS ElasticBeanstalk
- Heavily refactored both the RoR back-end API and React front-end in order to improve code quality and performance.
- Became very familiar with creating/consuming API based on JSON API specs.
- Integrated an intercom service.
- Built a React Native mobile app using Expo.
Co-founder2017 - 2018knocknock-team
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, Bootstrap 4, Webpack, PostCSS
- Built a unique, simple, and secure online password manager solution; Artificis.github.io/project-cic.
- Created a Ruby gem for simple deployment of Ruby on Rails applications; Github.com/artificis/dploy-rails.
- Designed knocknock-team's default React app starter template; Github.com/artificis/react-app-suspenders.
- Developed an authorization utility for Redux, inspired by CanCanCan gem for Ruby on Rails; Github.com/jconsigliere/redux-cancan.
Freelance Ruby on Rails Back-end Developer2017 - 2017Rioja (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, RSpec, Pundit
- Identified solutions to given feature specs.
- Implemented advanced features to event booking platform, for both management and customer side. The tests were written in RSpec and the authorization was written with Pundit.
- Learned about the usage of VCR cassettes whilst running RSpec tests.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017RYNAN Technologies Viet Nam
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux
- Accumulated experience in building a React SPA for custom in-house financial management needs.
- Polished my coding skills using Git as a part of my daily life.
- Improved my skills in splitting code bases, assigning sub tasks, and handling merge conflicts through collaboration via Git.
Freelance Web Developer2011 - 2014inboxGroup | inboxGroup.co.uk
- Contributed to a number of different kinds of projects as a freelancer.
- Developed mainly with PHP (WordPress, Joomla, CakePHP) during those days along with jQuery.
- Developed a major understanding of how web programming works—became familiar with how to use Apache, phpMyAdmin, cPanel, WHM, GoDaddy hosting services, and more.