Full-stack Web Developer2018 - 2018Connected in Education, Ltd. (via Toptal)
- Gained my first taste of using ActionCable in a real-world project, for a real-time chat and instant notifications.
- Built a feature with a data feed from Elasticsearch.
- Developed another form of client-side rendering using JST and Jade.
- Used Stimulus.js right after Basecamp folks released the first stable version (1.0).
Full-stack Web Developer2017 - 2018Stacked Sports
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, React Native, Intercom, Recharts, AWS ElasticBeanstalk
- Heavily refactored both the RoR back-end API and React front-end in order to improve code quality and performance.
- Became very familiar with creating/consuming API based on JSON API specs.
- Integrated an intercom service.
- Built a React Native mobile app using Expo.
Co-founder2017 - 2018knocknock-team
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, Bootstrap 4, Webpack, PostCSS
- Built a unique, simple, and secure online password manager solution; Artificis.github.io/project-cic.
- Created a Ruby gem for simple deployment of Ruby on Rails applications; Github.com/artificis/dploy-rails.
- Designed knocknock-team's default React app starter template; Github.com/artificis/react-app-suspenders.
- Developed an authorization utility for Redux, inspired by CanCanCan gem for Ruby on Rails; Github.com/jconsigliere/redux-cancan.
Freelance Ruby on Rails Back-end Developer2017 - 2017Rioja (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, RSpec, Pundit
- Identified solutions to given feature specs.
- Implemented advanced features to event booking platform, for both management and customer side. The tests were written in RSpec and the authorization was written with Pundit.
- Learned about the usage of VCR cassettes whilst running RSpec tests.
Software Engineer2016 - 2017RYNAN Technologies Viet Nam
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, React, Redux
- Accumulated experience in building a React SPA for custom in-house financial management needs.
- Polished my coding skills using Git as a part of my daily life.
- Improved my skills in splitting code bases, assigning sub tasks, and handling merge conflicts through collaboration via Git.
Freelance Web Developer2011 - 2014inboxGroup | inboxGroup.co.uk
- Contributed to a number of different kinds of projects as a freelancer.
- Developed mainly with PHP (WordPress, Joomla, CakePHP) during those days along with jQuery.
- Developed a major understanding of how web programming works—became familiar with how to use Apache, phpMyAdmin, cPanel, WHM, GoDaddy hosting services, and more.
- Pharos Social (Development)
A social media monitoring, management app that's available in both web and mobile versions.
With Pharos, you can quickly get a social score on your family's social media profiles and see the "health" of those accounts. Just like a credit score, the account owner can correct mistakes in order to raise their social score for a stronger, more positive online presence.
The app consists of three parts: a Ruby on Rails-backed API, React and React Native for the web and mobile front-end, and it uses Redux for state management. It runs on an AWS platform (Elastic Beanstalk and S3 Buckets).
I heavily refactored both the API and React web front-end, adding new features (e.g., an intercom integration, new UI components), and built the mobile app using React Native with the Expo tool.
- Project CIC (Development)https://elquimista.github.io/project-cic
Most of us today have tons of online accounts to manage and so do I. As of writing this, I have more than two hundred accounts and I believe the number will just keep growing.
I am extremely interested in cybersecurity. When it came to managing passwords, steganography was the thing that came to my mind instantly.
I conducted online research to check if we already had such tools available but couldn't find any. While researching, I learned about LastPass, 1Pass, etc., but none of them were quite right so I decided to make one for myself.
So What is Project CIC? CIC stands for "credentials in cloud".
Although the purpose of this app is somewhat similar to that of LastPass, it has some differences:
• We do not store anything ourselves. Everything is stored on your GitHub repository.
• The GitHub repository must not be a fork or private and must be owned by you.
• You need to remember only two passwords—your GitHub account password and a master password to lock/unlock your sensitive data.
• The application has a terminal-like look and a JSON editor.
- VMware M&A Web App (Development)http://close.deals
This was built on Rails 5.0.0, PostgreSQL, React, Material-UI, and amCharts—this serves as a custom in-house M&A management things inside an internal VMware team.
- Marketing Automation SaaS (Development)
Here, I mostly worked as a front-end developer with some back-end involvement. My main contribution was the development of a visual marketing workflow diagram builder using Rappid (a JointJS commercial plugin) with an integration of Huginn (Ruby gem—Github.com/cantino/huginn).
Technologies: Rails 3.2
- LiveInspired (Development)http://liveinspired.herokuapp.com/
This was built on Rails 220.127.116.11, it heavily uses a Twilio API and Sidekiq for handling SMSs for customers.
I was not the original author for this project. Instead, the existing code base was handed over to me and I worked on the maintenance—adding new features, writing missing tests, and more.
- Online Analysis TV (Development)
This was my pet project, using Rails 4.2.5 and Materialize CSS. It's basically a video-based soccer match analysis SaaS. I also used a YouTube API for video manipulation.
FrameworksStimulus, Koa, Rappid, Ruby on Rails 3, Bootstrap 3, Material-UI, Ruby on Rails 4, Bootstrap 4, Ruby on Rails 5, Materialize CSS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), ActionCable, minitest, YARN, .NET Core, React Native
Libraries/APIsReact Redux, Pundit, REST APIs, jQuery, Stripe API, Devise, React Router, Ruby on Rails API, React, MobX, CanCanCan, Lodash, Node.js, PayPal API, jQuery File Upload, Paperclip, Underscore.js, Twilio API, Sidekiq, Mixpanel API
ToolsGitHub, Git, Recurly, Webpack, Trello, PostCSS, GitLab, DataTables, Bitbucket, ITerm, GitHub Pages, Jekyll, rbenv, Oh My Zsh, Slack, Navicat, Tmux, MailChimp, Basecamp, Sketch, Jira, Asana, AWS SES, Middleman, Zapier, Photoshop CC
PlatformsAWS EC2, Amazon Lightsail, AWS Lambda, CentOS, Ubuntu, Heroku, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, DigitalOcean, Docker
OtherSSH, AmCharts, Cloudinary
ParadigmsDevOps, Functional Programming, Continuous Integration (CI), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD), Continuous Deployment
StoragePostgreSQL, AWS RDS, SQLite, MySQL/MariaDB, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, AWS S3
- Bachelor of Engineering degree in Computer Software Engineering2010 - 2012National Institute of Information Technology - Delhi, India