Lead Software Engineer2014 - 2019Blizzard Entertainment
- Led a team of 10+ software engineers and defined the technical direction of the Battle.net desktop application, including a complete UI refresh for the Battle.net desktop app, including a tech stack migration from C++/Qt to Web technologies.
- Worked on the new content experience for the Battle.net desktop app, including a new Java web service implemented with Java 11 and WebFlux that can deliver relevant and personalized content to millions of players.
- Headed a major overhaul of Blizzard Shop, including a complete redesign and a tech stack migration from Java/Freemarker to Java/Angular.
- Designed and implemented a checkout workflow framework for an eCommerce web application using Java and Spring.
- Profiled distributed systems to improve performance under heavy load. I was able to get significant results by revisiting caching policies, fixing bugs, and improving the codebase to be more scalable.
Software Developer Engineer2012 - 2014Amazon.com
- Worked on the Amazon Instant Access (AIA) web services, where I implemented the API and the Java and PHP SDKs.
- Implemented a web application available on Amazon's developer portal that allowed third-party vendors to create and test their profiles before selling digital items. Developed the back end with Java and SpringMVC and front end with AngularJS.
Software Designer2007 - 2010HP
- Designed and developed a distributed solution for a location-based search service with MongoDB and Node.js.
- Added new features as well as bug fixing to a REST service, which was developed using JAVA and allowed client applications to create print jobs through the cloud.
- Developed an Android application available on the Play store (HP ePrint Service).
- Designed and implemented an embedded HTTP server for printers.
Web Developer2006 - 2007Conecta IT
Technologies: C++, Java, PHP
- Developed J2EE applications with JSP, JSF, Spring MVC, and Struts 2.
- Improved database performance by correctly utilizing indices and store procedures.
Web Developer2005 - 2006Constat
- Developed a customer service management software. Worked on both server and client-side. The application was implemented using PHP and a SQL Server database.
- Worked on adding cross-browser support for Firefox, IE, and Opera.
- Introduced new technologies (like Ajax) to improve UX.
Web Developer2004 - 2005X-NEO
- Integrated Ajax technology on existing applications.
- Added cross-browser support to existing applications.