- ConsultantVortex Technologies2010 - PRESENT
Technologies: Java, JEE, JBoss, Jetty, Scala, Spring, Struts 2, Hibernate, RestEasy, SVN, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, JUnit, Maven, Ant, JIRA, Confluence, Velocity, SCRUM
- Worked as an IT consultant to several companies, helping them define architecture, design, and develop their web applications.
- Clients included two of the main hosting companies in Brazil, a major player in e-commerce payment systems, and an insurance company.
- ProfessorMackenzie University2005 - PRESENT
Technologies: Java, JEE, Spring, GIT, Struts2, Scala, Play
- Taught Java Programming, Algorithm Design, Data Structures, Web Development, Software Quality, and Scala Programming to students at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- CTOHollywood Movie Magic / Serendipia2008 - 2010
Technologies: Java, JEE, Tomcat, Ant, Maven, PHP, WordPress, MySQL, Joomla, Struts2, Hibernate, Spring, HTML5, Velocity, AJAX, Sugar CRM
- Implemented new CRM and Accounting systems using open-source solutions for 60% of the code.
- Maximized savings on software licensing and services costs.
- Changed account bookkeeping methods to allow double entry recording and to comply with the needs of American and Mexican investors.
- Implemented a print at home web system that allows customers to print movie tickets at home using the website.
- Created several websites for the company's clients.
- ConsultantLocaweb2007 - 2007
Technologies: Asterisk, Java, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, SVN, JSP, Struts
- Responsible for the technology transfer and integration of Vortex Workforce into Locaweb's VOIP Call Center Product.
- Redesigned product architecture to increase its scalability.
- Implemented an agile development process using XP.
- Developed a feed from Asterisk logs to produce BI reports.
- Chief Technology OfficerVortex Workforce2003 - 2007
Technologies: Java, Spring, Tomcat, Ant, Struts, MySQL, Postgres, Avaya, JNI, GLPK
- Worked with Marketing and Sales to target new customers.
- Acted as product manager and main architect, defining the features and architecture for the final product.
- Developed a Web 2.0 application that integrated Avaya's ACD to forecast call volumes and provide optimal work schedules for agents in a call center using the Monte Carlo method and Linear Programming techniques.
- Managed development, operations and support teams.
- Negotiated product spin out to Locaweb.
- ProfessorSumare College2002 - 2005
Technologies: Java, PMI, JSP, Struts, JEE
- Supervised undergraduate theses.
- Taught courses on Java Development, Project Management, Web Development, Data Structures, Software Engineering, and Advanced Topics in Computer Science.
- Systems ArchitectDirecTV2000 - 2001
Technologies: XP, Java, JEE, WebLogic, Tuxedo, SAP, Siebel, Web Services, Rational Rose, Mercury Test Runner
- Developed highly scalable EAI (Enterprise Application Integration) Systems to integrate billing (mainframe), inventory (SAP), CRM (Siebel), and Satellite Communications Systems. The integrated systems were exposed to stakeholders through different channels, including web applications, IVR and web services.
- Designed and tested different architectures under high volume to meet pay-per-view scalability requirements.
- Led and mentored a 20 person development team including developers, testers, and technical writers.
- Systems ArchitectGeneral Reinsurance1999 - 2000
Technologies: Java, J2EE, Rational Rose, WebLogic, Sybase, Servlets, JSP, JDBC
- Developed a turn key, B2B (business to business) portal to quote and sell reinsurance.
- Interfaced with clients to determine product requirements and negotiate project schedules.
- Project manager for a 10 person development team.
- Interviewed and hired new software developers for the company.
- Designed and implemented a scalable and robust J2EE architecture using WebLogic.
- Refactored, improved and integrated key parts of a legacy system.
- Software EngineerPhilips1999 - 1999
Technologies: C++, HDDL, Oracle
- Developed a speech recognition application for Vodafone (known as Omnitel – Italy).
- Gathered requirements and wrote technical documents for the software companies involved in the project.
- Designed and implemented system modules using HDDL (a proprietary language), C++ and Oracle 8.
- Implemented demos in Portuguese and Spanish and acted as a Sales/Support Engineer for Latin America.
- Software EngineerOldballgame.com1998 - 1999
Technologies: Java, PERL, HTML
- Developed a college recruting website for athletes.
- Designed the software using UML.
- Programmed in PERL, Java, and HTML.
- Trained other team members in Object Oriented Programming and Java.
- Software EngineerHast Technologies1996 - 1998
Technologies: Delphi, Rational Rose, Java, ErWin, Informix, JDBC
- Designed and developed several modules of a business process control and decision support system for a paper factory.
- Gathered requirements using CRC techniques.
- Designed software using Rational Rose and ErWin.
- Coordinated a 4 person development and QA team.