Verified Expert in Engineering
Vinicius is a seasoned, capable software architect who is an expert at developing efficient, scalable, and fault-tolerant server solutions for complex problems. He has extensive experience and skills with Agile processes as well as in Java, JEE, and Scala. He also excels at using open source solutions for projects.
Git, IntelliJ, Linux, OS X, GoLand, PyCharm
The most amazing...
...software I've built is a workforce optimization tool incorporating linear programming, statistics, and forecasting techniques to find an optimal work schedule.
- Performed Go software development in a microservices architecture. Set up infrastructure as code using Terraform and migrated from Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and AWS to Azure.
- Participated in the migration from monolithic JEE architecture to Go microservices-based architecture.
- Integrated payment systems, such as Elavon and Ingenico.
- Ensured PCI compliance by revisiting code, ensuring log compliance, and reviewing deployment architecture.
- Developed Python notebooks using pandas for forecast analysis of the growth team.
Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie
- Taught Java, Scala, Objective-C, and Swift programming, algorithm design, data structures, web development, and software quality to students at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Mentored a group of 55 students in the development of iOS applications.
- Coordinated research on the use of mobile technologies for STEM education in elementary schools.
- Supervised undergraduate work on mobile development, software engineering, software quality, and frameworks.
- Participated in different research projects applying innovation and information technology to provide digital transformation and disruptive technologies for different verticals, like law, finances, and general management.
- Lectured Innovation and Entrepreneurship and mentored students in an incubator program.
Senior Software Engineer, Head of Brazil's Branch
Infillion (formerly The Mobile Majority)
- Collaborated with the development team on a bidding and big data analytics platform.
- Set up and managed the TMM branch in Brazil, including legal, accounting, tax, HR, budget, and financial reports.
- Migrated the infrastructure from bare metal on SoftLayer to a cloud-based on AWS, bringing improvements in the performance and savings of over 30%.
- Contributed to the migration of the platform's parts from Ruby on Rails (RoR) to Scala.
- Mentored and led the Brazilian development team working on data engineering, RTB, and DevOps.
- Performed as an IT consultant to several companies, helping them define architecture and design and develop their web applications.
- Collaborated with two main hosting companies in Brazil, a major player in eCommerce payment systems and an insurance company.
- Developed scalable applications using Java, Scala, and Python.
Hollywood Movie Magic/Serendipia
- Implemented new CRM and accounting systems using open-source solutions for 60% of the code.
- Maximized savings on software licensing and services costs.
- Changed account bookkeeping methods to allow double entry recording and to comply with the needs of American and Mexican investors.
- Implemented a print at home web system that allows customers to print movie tickets at home using the website.
- Created several websites for the company's clients.
- Transferred and integrated technology of Vortex Workforce into Locaweb's VoIP call center product.
- Redesigned product architecture to increase its scalability.
- Implemented an Agile development process using XP.
- Developed a feed from Asterisk logs to produce business intelligence (BI) reports.
Chief Technology Officer
- Worked with marketing and sales to target new customers.
- Acted as product manager and main architect, defining the features and architecture for the final product.
- Developed a Web 2.0 application that integrated Avaya's ACD to forecast call volumes and provide optimal work schedules for agents in a call center using the Monte Carlo method and linear programming techniques.
- Managed development, operations, and support teams.
- Negotiated product spin-out to Locaweb.
- Supervised undergraduate theses.
- Taught courses on Java development, project management, web development, data structures, software engineering, and advanced topics in computer science.
- Developed highly scalable enterprise application integration (EAI) systems to integrate billing (mainframe), inventory (SAP), CRM (Siebel), and satellite communications systems. The integrated systems were exposed to stakeholders through different channels, including web applications, IVR, and web services.
- Designed and tested different architectures under high volume to meet pay-per-view scalability requirements.
- Led and mentored a 20-person development team including developers, testers, and technical writers.
- Developed a turnkey B2B portal to quote and sell reinsurance.
- Interfaced with clients to determine product requirements and negotiate project schedules.
- Managed projects for a ten-person development team.
- Interviewed and hired new software developers for the company.
- Designed and implemented a scalable and robust J2EE architecture using WebLogic.
- Refactored, improved, and integrated key parts of a legacy system.
- Developed a speech recognition application for Vodafone (known as Omnitel – Italy).
- Gathered requirements and wrote technical documents for the software companies involved in the project.
- Designed and implemented system modules using HDDL (a proprietary language), C++ and Oracle 8.
- Implemented demos in Portuguese and Spanish and acted as a sales/support engineer for Latin America.
- Developed a college recruting website for athletes.
- Designed the software using UML.
- Programmed in PERL, Java, and HTML.
- Trained other team members in object-oriented programming and Java.
- Designed and developed several modules of a business process control and decision support system for a paper factory.
- Gathered requirements using CRC techniques.
- Designed software using Rational Rose and ErWin.
- Coordinated a four-person development and QA team.
Gimbal Integrated Mobile Advertising Platformhttps://gimbal.com/mobile-ad-platform/
Locaweb Virtual PABXhttp://www.locaweb.com.br/produtos/pabx-virtual.html
General Reinsurance B2B Portal
Apache Struts 2, Apache Struts, Spring, JUnit, Hibernate, Play Framework, ASP.NET, Spring Boot, Play, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Ant Design, Apache Velocity, JNI, Spark, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Akka, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Django, Angular
Eclipse IDE, Apache Maven, Apache Ant, Jira, Confluence, Git, Asterisk, Subversion (SVN), Apache Tomcat, SugarCRM, Avaya AES, Oracle Tuxedo, IBM Rational Rose, Servlet, Erwin, Jetty, IntelliJ, RabbitMQ, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), SBT, GoLand, PyCharm, Terraform
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Functional Programming, Concurrent Programming, XP, Unit Testing, Microservices, Linear Programming, Scrum, Management, Extreme Programming
Linux, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), NetBeans, Oracle, JEE, WordPress, Joomla, Jakarta EE, JBoss, Heroku, Apache Kafka, OS X, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure
OAuth, log4j, Apache Commons, Integration Testing, Caching, Architecture, APIs, CI/CD Pipelines, Full-stack, Full-stack Development, Ajax, PMI, WebLogic, SAP, Siebel, Web Services, HDDL Plugin, Engineering, Electronics, Monte Carlo Simulations, Payment APIs, Card Payments, PCI, HubSpot
MySQL, Memcached, PostgreSQL, Sybase, IBM Informix, Redis, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Google Cloud
JDBC, RESTEasy, Spark Streaming, Twitter API, LinkedIn API, Google API, Facebook API, Pandas, Asterisk-Java, React
PhD in Software Engineering
University of São Paulo - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Master's Degree in Software Engineering
University of São Paulo - Sao Paulo, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Electronic Engineering
Aeronautics Institute of Technology (ITA) - Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil