Senior C# and .NET Software Engineer2021 - 2022BodyShop Booster
Technologies: C#, .NET 5, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Keycloak, Docker, OpenAPI, REST, OAuth 2, OpenID Connect (OIDC), xUnit, Moq, Entity Framework, AWS, Cloud, C#.NET, Git, SQL, APIs, API Design, API Development, REST APIs, Migration, Data Migration, AutoMapper, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Swagger, ASP.NET, OAuth, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), ASP.NET Core MVC, Distributed Systems, Cloud Computing, RESTful APIs, Microservices
- Rewrote the company's main legacy software using newer standards and technologies by porting existing PHP code to C# (ASP.NET Core). Focused mainly on back-end development.
- Remodeled the old database data and migrated it to a more organized and efficient format. This involved data synchronization between a legacy MySQL database and a newer Microsoft SQL Server database using Entity Framework Core.
- Ensured that the new software was highly tested and well documented, including external documentation based in OpenAPI. Implemented unit and integration tests to ensure the highest possible code coverage and software stability.
- Enabled the application to be deployed to AWS using Amazon RDS, S3, CloudWatch, and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Implemented user authentication and authorization features using OAuth 2 and OpenID Connect protocols, ensuring connectivity with Keycloak, a separate identity provider microservice.
- Integrated the back-end server with third-party services like Twilio and SendGrid.
- Wrote and maintained Docker images to containerize the back-end application and coding environment.
Back-end Software Engineer2020 - 2021Reclame Aqui
Technologies: Java, Node.js, Spring, Facebook API, Instagram API, Twitter API, YouTube API, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), MySQL, MongoDB, GoCD, Apache Kafka, .NET Core, Microservices, Cloud, C#.NET, Git, SQL, APIs, API Design, API Development, REST APIs, Migration, Data Migration, Redis, Redis Cache, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET Core MVC, Distributed Systems, Cloud Computing, OpenAPI, OAuth 2, OpenID Connect (OIDC), RESTful APIs
- Worked in the team that developed HugMe, an integrated B2B platform to deal with clients and monitor activity in social networks. Many big Brazilian corporations with high daily social network traffic use this platform.
- Developed modern Java-based microservices written using the Spring Framework and its derivatives, including Spring Boot, Spring Data, and Spring Security.
- Maintained other legacy services that were mainly written using Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) and Apache Struts.
- Worked on integrating the company's back-end services with the RESTful APIs for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Supported the orchestration of web services and related infrastructure deployed as Docker containers in the Google Cloud Platform using Kubernetes. Deployments were managed with Helm.
- Studied the legacy application's code and implemented automated build and deployment processes for the team. Implemented CI/CD using the GoCD platform.
- Implemented Kafka-based pub/sub architecture to process massive amounts of data coming from clients' social networks. Wrote tools using .NET and C# to test some Kafka-based workloads.
- Wrote an experimental robot using .NET Core and ASP.NET Core, which integrated our CI/CD solutions with the Google Chat API.
Web Systems Developer (Full Stack)2018 - 2019Civil Office of the State of Maranhão
Technologies: Java, JSF, Java EE, Spring, JPA, JPA 2, Hibernate, CDI, PrimeFaces, Bootstrap, CentOS, Linux, Git, SQL
- Worked as a full stack web developer to implement solutions for the Civil House of the State of Maranhão, the general public, and other government's secretaries.
- Participated in the design and implementation of the state government's Official Diary system, which allowed parties to publish information deemed to be important for the general public knowledge.
- Implemented and maintained internal systems for the Civil Office of the government, including systems to manage Human Resources, Warehouse and Materials, and others.
- Worked with Java and its ecosystem of technologies to implement the back end of the applications.
- Worked with JSF, PrimeFaces and Bootstrap to implement the front end of the applications.
Full-stack Web Software Developer Analyst2016 - 2018Secretariat of Government of the State of Maranhão
Technologies: Java, JSF, Java EE, Spring, JPA, JPA 2, Hibernate, CDI, PrimeFaces, Bootstrap, CentOS, Linux, Java 8, JBoss, WildFly, Git, SQL, Data Migration, Migration
- Worked as a full-stack software developer providing solutions for the state government's information systems and the general public.
- Implemented the integration of legacy systems with modern implementations through the use of intermediate web service layers.
- Communicated to clients from other public departments to define projects and align expectations of deliverables.
- Communicated with the design team and worked on implementing the front-end application for some of our projects.
- Worked in the implementation of back end code using Jakarta EE 7, Java 8, and related technologies in that ecosystem.
Web Developer | Game Developer2012 - 2016Taverna Interactive
Technologies: C#, Unity3D, Mono, .NET, PostgreSQL, Unity, Git, SQL, APIs, API Design, API Development, REST APIs, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET Core MVC, Computer Graphics, Image Processing, 3D Image Processing, C#.NET
- Focused on web and mobile software development for a game development studio that produced in-house games and products for external clients.
- Developed ASP.NET-based web services to support the company's other products, including authentication and authorization systems, back-end systems to keep scores and player/user content, and online in-game message boards.
- Created tools in C# using Unity3D Editor libraries to improve and accelerate game development tasks.
- Implemented image processing tools using an OpenCV port to the .NET platform.
- Worked with PostgreSQL databases to store user-related data accessed on the client side by leveraging the Entity Framework ORM library.
- Experimented with writing graphic shaders using Unity3D’s ShaderLab language and integrating shaders with .NET-bound object data.
- Experimented with HTML5 and browsers in general as a possible target platform for our products.
Development Intern2011 - 2012Intertech
Technologies: PHP, Payment APIs, Card Payments, Digital Payments, Online Payments, CakePHP, PagSeguro, MoIP, Wirecard, SQL, APIs
- Worked as a intern developer, developing web-based systems for both the company and its external clients and mainly focusing in back end.
- Integrated one of the company's main projects with two Payment Gateway APIs: PagSeguro and MoIP (now rebranded as Wirecard).
- Implemented the back end for a ticket sales system for the company.
Game Developer2008 - 2012Whalesoft Entertainment
Technologies: C#, .NET, Unity3D, Panda3D, Mono, C++, Unity, Git, SQL, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, Computer Graphics, Image Processing, 3D Image Processing, C#.NET
- Developed games and interactive applications, including company-owned and external clients' products.
- Conducted research to find the technologies that best matched Whalesoft's development needs, including Panda3D (Python), SFML (C++), and Unity3D (C#).
- Developed POC games to test with our target audience.
- Built the base infrastructure and libraries for our games using C++ and C# (Mono3D and Unity3D).