Senior React Developer2018 - PRESENTForSaleByOwner.com
Technologies: React, Redux, Application State Management, REST APIs, Tailwind CSS
- Architectured many UI behaviors to be configurable by parameters without requiring any changes in code so that the company could run regular A/B tests.
- Optimized website performance for Google search crawling and Web Vitals metrics, increasing organic traffic.
- Optimized build bundles size, use of third-party libraries, and loading of assets.
- Joined the team to help with the migration of the old PHP website to React and built most of the new code.
- Worked on a side project to build a hybrid React web and native app when there was very little information about such architecture. View codes were isolated, and the rest of the code was shared between native and web builds.
Data Science Consultant2020 - 2020Oyo Rooms
Technologies: Python, Data Science
- Hired as a consultant to help the internal data science team of the company to build the in-house same-size clustering algorithm to cluster hotels for sales agents and run their main operations.
- Built a same-size clustering algorithm using k-means and heuristics to get a final cluster of approximate sizes.
- Delivered the clustered data with visualization maps so that the teams could visualize and explore the data clusters.
- Provided an initial automated cluster assignment for each of the sales agents.
- Completed the whole work in only one month and delivered it ready for use.
Senior Android Developer2017 - 2018Civic Technologies
Technologies: Android, Blockchain, Kotlin, REST APIs
- Acted as the lead developer on a team of three for an app that captured identity data validated with a third-party firm; signatures of attested valid data would be stored in a public blockchain for verification whenever it needed to be shared.
- Implemented a fully configurable UI, as the interface needed to change for the different pieces of data requested for validation by third-party validators connected to the app.
- Provided a pixel-perfect app as my first assignment. I delivered the designs in the first months.
Founder | Software Engineer2014 - 2017Daily Ride
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, SQL, Celery, Django, Python, Android, iOS, Android SDK, REST APIs
- Built a carpooling app for users to be matched with someone driving on an approximate route of their daily commute—the same mechanism of Waze Carpool.
- Created the native Android and iOS apps and published those in the respective stores.
- Built the REST API in Python Django, including the algorithm that matched users leaving nearby points and near possible driving routes.
Android Developer2015 - 2016Tellzone
Technologies: OpenGL ES, AWS Device Farm, LibGDX, Android, REST APIs
- Spearheaded a refactoring project to make the code conform to Google's best practices guidelines; taking the Google IO app project as a reference.
- Proposed the technology stack for and built the main screen of the app which was the most important screen and one of the competitive differentials of the product. The screen was custom built similarly to the bubbles' interface in the Apple Music app using OpenGL/LibGDX.
- Coded, prior to the beta launch, the app's espresso tests and ran them in AWS Device Farm.
- Worked on minor updates in the iOS version.
Android and iOS Developer2014 - 2015Vault12
- Developed a plugin to provide access to the native contacts frameworks on both the Android and iOS platforms.
- Built a second plugin with a File API to read and write files stored in the devices.
- Created a plugin with an API to NaCl Library using Libsodium and Java JNI bindings to NaCl native C++ library.
Equities Technology Analyst2011 - 2014Goldman Sachs
Technologies: SQL, Slang, Java, REST APIs
- Built a flex options booking platform.
- Handled the onboarding and maintained the systems for mandatory BM&F Bovespa Exchange trading systems pre-opening tests.
- Worked with the stock exchange on day-to-day issues in trade-processing regarding FIX protocol messages.