- Developer2012 - PRESENTFreelance
- Developed an Android application for Instabridge.com allowing users to easily share Wi-Fi networks with friends. Focused on good UX and low battery usage.
- Developed the website for a computer shop (atexpc.ro) to gather information about products and orders from the company's existing ERP through a custom API.
- Wrote an API wrapper library for a Bitcoin exchange.
- Invested in my development skills through several Coursera.org and Udacity.com classes on topics such as Python, Scala, and machine learning.
- Exercised prototyping skills by building small proof of concept apps at local events like startuplive.org and startupweekend.org.
- Python Developer2010 - 2012PBS.org (3PillarGlobal)
- Developed and maintained the scalable video portal for PBS.org using Python, Django, and Amazon cloud computing.
- Created a desktop app using Python and wxWidgets allowing easy ingestion of material in the video portal.
- Maintained an education platform based on Python and Django for PBS.org.
- Technical Solutions Consultant2007 - 2010Hewlett Packard Software
Technologies: Python, Java
- Worked with customers to provide the best experience using "HP Server Automation".
- Created Python scripts to automate debugging of server automation issues in constrained customer environments.
- Server Administrator2003 - 2007Carpathia Hosting, Inc.
Technologies: Perl, Bash
- Monitored and managed a server infrastructure with about 100 machines in a remote capacity.
- Developed scripts to automate server management operations using Perl and Bash. Implemented the solutions by hand without use of Cloud functionality.
- Provided stellar technical support to customers (a strong point of the brand) through an IRC server with a neat web chat interface built in-house.
- Built a Perl chat bot to manage the support system. Developed the bot to pair new customers and idle engineers on unique support channels in response to customers opening a support window.