Java Developer in Kiev, Ukraine
Scala Developer2013 - PRESENTMsys
Technologies: Scala, Play Framework 2, ScalaTest, Slick, PostgreSQL, AWS, Git
- Developed (from scratch) a web-based application for selling video content to users through an expert analysis system.
- Implemented performance tests to identify bottlenecks.
- Developed a parser combinator for expression evaluation.
Founder, Back-End Developer2012 - 2013Oolli!
Technologies: Grails, Scala, PostgreSQL, Solr, Backbone.js
- Created a platform to aid collectors in managing their collectible items, in part to test validity of idea and business model.
- Developed back-end services for single-page application (SPA).
- Integrated Solr for real-time text search on different conditions related to collectibles.
Technical Lead2012 - 2013Zabava Tech
Technologies: Scala, Play Framework 2, Akka, ScalaTest, Slick, PostgreSQL, Amazon WS, Graphite, SBT, Java, Netty, Git, WebSockets, HTML5, Canvas, Gatling, Tsung, YammerMetrics
- Developed back-end for online gaming system.
- Implemented real-time statistics tracking and aggregation.
- Created and configured infrastructure for application monitoring, including system, operational, and business metrics.
Technical Lead, Architect2011 - 2012MedicalBench
Technologies: Java, Grails, Scala, Spring, Spring Security, Hibernate, SWT/JFace, PostgreSQL, H2, Maven, AWS, Bamboo, Sonar, Tomcat, Git, ScalaTest, YammerMetrics, Graphite
- Designed a system to collect medical measurements, push them to the cloud for processing and benchmarking, and use such data to validate trends to validate and evaluate doctor performance.
- Designed and developed a system for performing calculations over big data in the cloud.
Architect2011 - 2011Amsterdam Gementee
Technologies: Java, Spring, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, Maven, Bamboo, Sonar, Tomcat, SVN
- Performed code analysis of a legacy application.
- Created performance tests to analyze bottlenecks and efficient usage of key resources (CPU, RAM, and database connections).
- Refactored data access layer (Hibernate) to solve bottleneck related to concurrent user accesses.
- Automated build process and created both test and staging environments.
- Migrated to Spring Security.
Software Engineer2010 - 2011Thishood
Technologies: Grails, jQuery, MySQL
- Designed database schema.
- Developed back-end services
Technical Lead2010 - 2011Liquix
Technologies: Java, Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, BlackBerry SDK, J2ME, ProGuard, Android, Maven, Bamboo, Sonar, Tomcat, SVN
- Developed a constructor web application to allow users to design the look and feel of mobile applications.
- Developed build tool to generate binaries of mobile applications given templates created in the aforementioned web application.
- Tuned build process with ProGuard to minimize final APK/JAR files.
Technical Lead2009 - 2010Riviera Maison
Technologies: Java, BlackBerry SDK 4.5, Spring, Hibernate, Web Service, SWT/JFace, MS SQL, Maven, Bamboo, Sonar, Tomcat, SVN
- Created system architecture, which consisted of a Blackberry app and back-end, as well as a SWT/JFace standalone application.
- Developed a back-end to periodically fetch data from Unit4 ERP, aggregated and minimized it, and finally prepare for further synchronization.
- Developed RPC with custom serialization for communication between BlackBerry and back-end.
- Developed BlackBerry app with custom storage-like database for superior performance on data navigation and visualization.
- Implemented real-time search in BlackBerry applications.
Flex Developer2007 - 2007WSI
Technologies: Flex, Ant, Perforce
- Created a pooling mechanism for tile requests to improve performance of map renderings on panning.
- Fixed memory leak issues in the application.
- Created animation of tiles to visualize weather forecasts.
- Refactored core components to improve performance of rendering and memory consumption.
Technical Lead, Architect2006 - 2007Uwiss
Technologies: Java, Hibernate, Spring, RMI, EJB2, Struts, PostgreSQL, Asterisk, SIP, Concurrency
- Refactored core components of the VoIP product to improve scalability and fault tolerance.
- Developed and supported the internal framework to allow for efficient and rapid development.
- Developed an IntelliJ IDEA plugin for an internal framework, which included syntax highlighting support, among other functionality.
- Solved concurrency problems in a call routing application based on Asterisk SIP server.
- Built a web application on top of Asterisk server for management of routes, IVRs, and other PBX features.
Technical Lead, Architect2004 - 2006AmyyonCare
Technologies: Java, EJB2, Struts, PostgreSQL, DWR, JBoss AS, Jasper Reports
- Designed and developed system for Dutch care sector (including home, nurse, mental health, elderly care).
- Implemented Vektis/AZR protocols for communication with government/insurance departments.
- Tuned performance in JBoss AS.
- Created J2ME mobile application for accessing schedules required by nurses.
- Technical review of "Scala for the Impatient" Russian translation (Other amazing things)http://www.xn--d1amf.xn--p1ai/catalog/computer/programming/functional/978-5-94074-920-2/
Reviewed translation as volunteer for DMK-Press. (Original book: http://horstmann.com/scala/)
- Online Accounting System (Development)
Developed applet to sign documents for government tax department.
- Article for Flash & Flex Developer’s Magazine, USA (Other amazing things)
Wrote an article describing several patterns and tricks related to WebORB for Java, a cross-platform integration server which replaces Adobe Live Cycle Data Services (LCDS) and BlazeDS.
FrameworksSpring MVC, Grails, Hibernate, Play Framework, Akka 2, Netty
StoragePostgreSQL, H2, MySQL
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Agile Software Development, Kanban, Scrum
- Specialist's degree in Computer Science1996 - 2001Chernivtsi National University - Chernivtsi, Ukraine