- Scala Developer2013 - PRESENTMsys
Technologies: Scala, Play Framework 2, ScalaTest, Slick, PostgreSQL, AWS, Git
- Developed (from scratch) a web-based application for selling video content to users through an expert analysis system.
- Implemented performance tests to identify bottlenecks.
- Developed a parser combinator for expression evaluation.
- Founder, Back-End Developer2012 - 2013Oolli!
Technologies: Grails, Scala, PostgreSQL, Solr, Backbone.js
- Created a platform to aid collectors in managing their collectible items, in part to test validity of idea and business model.
- Developed back-end services for single-page application (SPA).
- Integrated Solr for real-time text search on different conditions related to collectibles.
- Technical Lead2012 - 2013Zabava Tech
Technologies: Scala, Play Framework 2, Akka, ScalaTest, Slick, PostgreSQL, Amazon WS, Graphite, SBT, Java, Netty, Git, WebSockets, HTML5, Canvas, Gatling, Tsung, YammerMetrics
- Developed back-end for online gaming system.
- Implemented real-time statistics tracking and aggregation.
- Created and configured infrastructure for application monitoring, including system, operational, and business metrics.
- Technical Lead, Architect2011 - 2012MedicalBench
Technologies: Java, Grails, Scala, Spring, Spring Security, Hibernate, SWT/JFace, PostgreSQL, H2, Maven, AWS, Bamboo, Sonar, Tomcat, Git, ScalaTest, YammerMetrics, Graphite
- Designed a system to collect medical measurements, push them to the cloud for processing and benchmarking, and use such data to validate trends to validate and evaluate doctor performance.
- Designed and developed a system for performing calculations over big data in the cloud.
- Architect2011 - 2011Amsterdam Gementee
Technologies: Java, Spring, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, Maven, Bamboo, Sonar, Tomcat, SVN
- Performed code analysis of a legacy application.
- Created performance tests to analyze bottlenecks and efficient usage of key resources (CPU, RAM, and database connections).
- Refactored data access layer (Hibernate) to solve bottleneck related to concurrent user accesses.
- Automated build process and created both test and staging environments.
- Migrated to Spring Security.
- Software Engineer2010 - 2011Thishood
Technologies: Grails, jQuery, MySQL
- Designed database schema.
- Developed back-end services
- Technical Lead2010 - 2011Liquix
Technologies: Java, Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, BlackBerry SDK, J2ME, ProGuard, Android, Maven, Bamboo, Sonar, Tomcat, SVN
- Developed a constructor web application to allow users to design the look and feel of mobile applications.
- Developed build tool to generate binaries of mobile applications given templates created in the aforementioned web application.
- Tuned build process with ProGuard to minimize final APK/JAR files.
- Technical Lead2009 - 2010Riviera Maison
Technologies: Java, BlackBerry SDK 4.5, Spring, Hibernate, Web Service, SWT/JFace, MS SQL, Maven, Bamboo, Sonar, Tomcat, SVN
- Created system architecture, which consisted of a Blackberry app and back-end, as well as a SWT/JFace standalone application.
- Developed a back-end to periodically fetch data from Unit4 ERP, aggregated and minimized it, and finally prepare for further synchronization.
- Developed RPC with custom serialization for communication between BlackBerry and back-end.
- Developed BlackBerry app with custom storage-like database for superior performance on data navigation and visualization.
- Implemented real-time search in BlackBerry applications.
- Flex Developer2007 - 2007WSI
Technologies: Flex, Ant, Perforce
- Created a pooling mechanism for tile requests to improve performance of map renderings on panning.
- Fixed memory leak issues in the application.
- Created animation of tiles to visualize weather forecasts.
- Refactored core components to improve performance of rendering and memory consumption.
- Technical Lead, Architect2006 - 2007Uwiss
Technologies: Java, Hibernate, Spring, RMI, EJB2, Struts, PostgreSQL, Asterisk, SIP, Concurrency
- Refactored core components of the VoIP product to improve scalability and fault tolerance.
- Developed and supported the internal framework to allow for efficient and rapid development.
- Developed an IntelliJ IDEA plugin for an internal framework, which included syntax highlighting support, among other functionality.
- Solved concurrency problems in a call routing application based on Asterisk SIP server.
- Built a web application on top of Asterisk server for management of routes, IVRs, and other PBX features.
- Technical Lead, Architect2004 - 2006AmyyonCare
Technologies: Java, EJB2, Struts, PostgreSQL, DWR, JBoss AS, Jasper Reports
- Designed and developed system for Dutch care sector (including home, nurse, mental health, elderly care).
- Implemented Vektis/AZR protocols for communication with government/insurance departments.
- Tuned performance in JBoss AS.
- Created J2ME mobile application for accessing schedules required by nurses.