Senior Engineer2010 - PRESENTAgoraGames
- Maintained a large MongoDB cluster, adding redundancy and failover to the application.
- Developed and maintained a large-scale distributed Python application to handle thousands of user requests per second.
- Created RESTful web services for app and game developers.
- Contributed to the Android SDK for Hydra, making it easier for developers to integrate with the Hydra Platform.
- Worked on the sample Android application to demonstrate Hydra best practices.
- Maintained large redis instances, handling thousands of concurrent users.
- Co-wrote Chai, a Python mocking and stubbing framework that helps developers write better tests for their Python applications.
Engineer2007 - 2010VitaRara
Technologies: Java, Groovy, Ruby
- Helped build and roll-out an ERP system.
- Worked on both server-side and client-side software.
- Performed MySQL index optimization.
- Developed user interfaces for fast data entry.
- Created dynamic UIs with jQuery.
- Condor (Development)
Condor is a mobile app available for both iOS and Android that helps users browse items listed for sale nearby.
The Condor API is all written in Python, using Django Tastypie.
- UpFront (Development)
UpFront is an HTML5 iPad app that helps
restaurants manage their patrons, sending them
text messages when their tables are ready.
- Currently (Development)http://bit.ly/PMawVf
Currently is a simple Chrome extension that
replaces your "New Tab" screen.
Chromes local storage and sync
storage, using the geolocation API to
locate the user. For custom background
images, Currently utilizes the file system API.
- Downpour (Development)
Downpour is the successor to Howsthe.com, an
old project of mine. The goal of Downpour is
to monitor the state of your website and
notify you when errors occur.
Downpour is written in Python and makes heavy usage of AngularJS.
- Chai (Development)https://github.com/agoragames/chai
Chai is a stubbing and mocking framework for Python which allows you to write better unit tests.
FrameworksDjango, Android SDK, AngularJS, Flask
ParadigmsObject-oriented Programming (OOP), Event-driven Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), Prototype-based OOP
PlatformsHeroku, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux
StorageMongoDB, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL
Libraries/APIsBackbone.js, Facebook API, jQuery