Vitor Hugo Queiroz
Verified Expert in Engineering
Vitor is a software developer and Agile evangelist who loves to work with great people and passionate professionals. With eight years of web-based software experience, Vitor still loves facing the challenges of this dynamic software development universe. He is experienced in Java EE, Grails, and Rails.
MacOS, Linux, Eclipse, Spring Tool Suite (STS), RubyMine, IntelliJ
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a piece of Brazilian tax management software using Grails and Groovy. I developed a DSL to input laws and a rules engine to process taxes.
- Changed the current architecture to bring more flexibility to customers, from a monolithic software to independent modules, developed and deployed in different cycles.
- Introduced continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Introduced new Agile techniques like TDD, domain-driven design, and behavior-driven design.
- Applied code dojos and hands-on workshops.
Software Architect, Agile Evangelist
- Implemented support decision systems.
- Defined new methodologies for running a flat company.
- Led multiple technical teams.
- Utilized Grails and JavaFX to provide a flexible platform based on REST principles.
Cflex Brain Merge
- Led a team working on Agile process definition.
- Researched planning algorithms for the railroad industry.
- Provided new solutions for the research and development division.
- Implemented extreme programming techniques.
- Implemented Agile processes to the realm of quality control.
Crafters Software Studio
- Worked on a Grails application as part of larger tax management software, incorporating Groovy and DSL.
- Developed a social network for the real estate market in Brazil using Rails and MongoDB. I was responsible for the application design, front end, and back end tiers of the project, and I worked directly with the customer to define the MVP (Main gems: jquery-rails, mongoid, devise, carrierwave-mongoid, omniauth-facebook, omniauth-twitter, fb_graph, and twitter).
- Helped build a crowdsourcing network for concerts using Rails and Postgres. I was responsible for the application design, front-end, and back-end tiers of the project, and I worked directly with the customer to define the MVP (Main gems: sass-rails, coffee-rails, json, money, devise, carrierwave, jquery-rails).
- Contributed to the creation of a payment gateway similar to PayPal using Rails and Postgres. I was responsible for the application design, front-end, and back-end tiers of the project and worked directly with the customer to define the MVP (Main gems: sass-rails, coffee-rails, devise, carrierwave, jquery-rails, activeadmin).
- Managed projects using Agile methodologies.
Architect, Team Leader
- Contributed to Itax, system that analyzes Brazilian tax laws and financial records of customers to provide correct numbers, helping businesses avoid penalties.
- Designed, analyzed, codified, and tested products.
- Worked on Mikael, a customer care, bug tracking, and project management system for company applications.
- Designed, analyzed, codified, and tested the product and managed the team using Scrum.
- Worked on Copay Accumulator, a module of a BA system that provided management of co-payment to associates.
- Designed, analyzed, codified, and tested the software.
- Contributed to CPqD Billing, a project that provides a billing system for telecommunications and electronics companies with modules that include collection, rating, invoicing, and customer care.
Grails, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Spring, JavaServer Faces, Spring MVC, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), JSF, Apache Struts, iBATIS, Angular, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
REST APIs, Java Collections, jQuery, Java Servlets, Taglibs, SAX
Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Domain-driven Development, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Software Testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Functional Programming, Inversion of Control
Apache Tomcat, Apache Ant, Eclipse IDE, Jenkins, Apache Maven, IntelliJ, Spring Tool Suite (STS), RubyMine, JBoss Drools
MacOS, Oracle, WebSphere, JBoss, Linux, Windows, Eclipse, JavaFX
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Specialization Degree in Project Management
Brazillian Tech Institute - Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Sao Paulo - Rio Claro, Sao Paulo, Brazil