Senior Java Developer | Architect
2018 - PRESENT
- Architected and developed an application that aims to provide end-users capabilities to manage insurance contracts, contract memberships as well as integrate those capabilities with existing enterprise systems.
- Helped development of eCommerce platform as an architect-consultant and a senior software engineer, taking on integration tasks and helping other members of the team.
- Involved in big enterprise application as an architect and a senior software engineer to deliver solutions for a big construction company's internal needs – various business processes, service integration, and reporting.
Technologies: Java, Spring, Gradle, Maven, OAuth 2, SQL, AWS, Microservices, Angular, JPA, PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, MySQL, Back-end, Functional Programming, Git, SOAP, XML, Hibernate
Senior Java Developer | Architect
2004 - 2018
Kapsch Carrier Com Croatia
- Created an over-the-air configurator for delivery of configuration profiles to mobile handsets, such as ones for configuring GPRS/CSD connection, a WAP browser, e-mail settings. Worked in a team of two as project leader, architect, and developer.
- Created the web administration console for a message gateway server in a completely remote capacity. Used the Jakarta Tapestry web framework for presentation and the Apache Axis library for SOAP communication.
- Upgraded a platform for mass SMS distribution. Provided complex hierarchical organization of entities and a statistical overview. Used Spring for the business layer, Jakarta Turbine for web, Torque as an O/R layer, and Quartz for scheduling.
- Created an MGW client library, a user-friendly layer built on top of ParlayX web service stubs, for sending and receiving SMS/MMS/WAP Push SI messages. Used the Apache Axis and JDOM libraries.
- Architected a number portability central database platform for a Croatian telecommunication agency. Utilized JBoss AS and Spring (business logic), Jakarta Tapestry (web), iText (PDF reporting), and Apache Axis (web services).
- Created a transaction server acting as a user-friendly gateway for prepaid/postpaid billing. Implemented on-request or subscription-based charging. Apache Tapestry, Spring, Quartz, and plain JDBC/SQL as a persistence layer.
- Created a web console as well as some core platform functionality for managing various services related to roaming subscribers. Used Apache Tapestry, Spring, Quartz, and plain JDBC/SQL as the persistence layer.
- Developed a platform for managing business processes for Value Added Services in Telco companies. Used Spring, Quartz, Hibernate, Tapestry.
- Architected the majority of the core functionality for a Machine-to-Machine (M2M) platform operating as a Big Data system for collecting and processing data from remote devices in the field.
Technologies: MyBatis, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Axis, SOAP, Quartz, Apache Velocity, Apache Turbine, Hadoop, Neo4j, Cassandra, Tapestry, Hibernate, Spring, Java, JPA, PostgreSQL, Spring Boot, MySQL, Back-end, Apache Kafka, Functional Programming, Cascading, Clojure, XML
2001 - 2004
- Created a chat system consisting of client applets and a Java server based on Jakarta Avalon technology. Integrated a virtual call center platform. Consisted of a Java 1.1 user applet for WAN usage and a Java 1.4+ applet for administrators inside the application's LAN.
- Created a firewall tunneling solution for Java using periodic HTTP POST requests to simulate constant socket connection. Wrote the client side consisting of a thin client library, usable on the Java 1.1+ platform. Wrote the server side implemented by Java Servlet technology. Utilized event-based (NIO) networking for high performance on the server side.
- Created a J2ME/MIDP client application for the unified messaging platform, communicating through the XML-RPC interface.
- Developed an auto-generator of a custom expression language manual from custom tags in source files.
- Handled load testing of a unified messaging platform using Jakarta JMeter with custom developed samplers. Simulated hundreds of simultaneous clients.
Technologies: XML-RPC, J2ME, Servlets, NIO, Apache Avalon, Applets, Java, Back-end, XML