CTO2017 - PRESENTCryptocurrency Trading Startup
- Designed and implemented from scratch a system for trading cryptocurrencies across a number of cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Configured a complete workflow (code development, testing, and deployment) with GitLab, AWS, and Docker.
- Developed tools for low latency real-time and historical data collection from multiple sources.
- Contributed to CCXT: the biggest open-source crypto-currency exchange unification API.
- Built a monitoring/alerting framework for all parts of the system with Humio.
- Created an elastic, on-demand data-processing pipeline for captured market data.
- Implemented a library for unified low-latency order management for multiple exchanges.
- Built a graphical interface for monitoring and controlling trading strategies.
- Created a high-performance strategy back-testing system with Cython.
- Applied data analysis and machine learning techniques, including reinforcement learning, during trading strategy development.
Software Developer2017 - 2017FiveStars (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, AWS, Docker, Pandas, Kubernetes
- Worked on a variety of internal tools written in Python.
- Created an integration testing framework for the unified API used by FiveStars' internal and client-facing applications.
- Built a tool for tracking the time it takes for various scenarios (in the context of a mobile application) to be performed by a human.
- Implemented a framework for executing UI tests against a client-facing mobile application.
- Produced reporting tools that monitored the state of the unified API used by FiveStars' internal and client-facing applications.
Software Engineer2013 - 2017GSA Capital
Technologies: Java, SQL, Python, Scala
- Designed and implemented a number of APIs and data processing pipelines which are heavily relied upon during live automated trading.
- Debugged and fixed production-critical systems in severe time constraints.
- Designed large SQL databases (hundreds of gigabytes).
- Carried out performance-tuning of various systems (JVM-based, Python, SQL).
- Performed data analysis using Python (Pandas), SQL, and Scala (Saddle).
- Helped the team maintain a custom deployment system and the SQL server farm and file servers.
Software Engineer Intern2012 - 2012Microsoft
Technologies: C#, SQL
- Developed a real-time, code-coverage tracking tool for a multi-user environment with a feature to let engineers modify local state inside processes executing on a remote machine. The tool allowed the company to significantly simplify the process of testing hosted applications.
- Extended a code-coverage tool for which the source code was unavailable via reverse engineering.
Software Engineer Intern2011 - 2011Ubisense
Technologies: C#, Java
- Developed a Silverlight application, targeted for Windows tablets, that harnessed a Ubisense USB-sensor to provide information about Ubisense active tags in the user’s environment.
- Performed testing of the above application at a customer’s site.