Vladimir is an expert Java back-end professional with front-end and mobile development experience, ready to dive into a new project as a member or leader of a distributed team. He is responsible, personable, and punctual. Vladimir has excellent modern web app development and design experience and strong math and computer science background and social skills, allowing him to handle extraordinary problems.
Chrome, IntelliJ IDEA, Windows
The most amazing...
...experience I've had was when the NSPK MIR payment system, partially developed by me, went into production and started to process millions of transactions.
Senior Software Engineer
- Decoupled big Groovy/Grails monolith into small Spring microservices, reducing legacy logic, improving quality and test coverage (10% of monolith decoupled so far).
- Participated as reliability engineer extinguishing production fires and providing RCA.
- Built additional administration and monitoring services, including back-end API on Spring Boot and front end, using Angular/AngularJS.
- Developed SSO service and adding multi-zone support.
- Increased performance with help of AWS Lambda and AWS SQS.
- Integrated with different third party services: payments, printing, Twilio, and some hotel-specific services.
An Online Freelance Agency
- Implemented, supported, and continuously enhanced standardized CI/CD pipelines for all Jive microservices.
- Designed and developed a training Bootcamp program for new Jive developers.
- Developed on-premise solution based on cloud Jive, removing all AWS dependencies, and cutting unnecessary modules.
- Improved modularity of application and started monolith decoupling initiative.
- Worked on designing and implementing new features and maintaining existing ones in the Jive app and its microservices.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed a back end for internal medical software for media and connected metadata management.
- Integrated software with existing medical subsystems through HL7 and DICOM protocols.
- Developed an administration back-office in React, which made configuration and checking status two to three times faster.
- Created a web app for blood-product management in AngularJS and Spring Boot and API for mobile apps.
- Worked a lot on making development and delivery processes mature, fast, and responsive.
Senior Java Developer
- Helped plan and design a social network web app.
- Learned Play Framework from scratch and started to work with full power.
- Fixed different UI problems (browser-specific, animations and stuff).
- Digging down into some Angular libraries, customizing it for our needs.
- Developed product-fitting tight deadlines.
- Designed and implemented all parts of the system.
- Created an Android app with social integration, geolocation, camera, and connection to a REST API.
- Implemented a common back-end for both Android and web.
- Implemented a web back-office in AngularJS.
- Developed the Double Dog Dare app from scratch.
- Implemented Twitter Digits auth into the app.
- Connected the app to the existing REST API.
- Implemented Android design and UI patterns while compiling the app from the iOS version.
- Moved the build system from Ant to Gradle.
- Made code reviews and external compliance tests for the app.
- Fixed urgent bugs in the most critical parts of their app.
HubBox (via Toptal)
- Developed an Android application prototype.
- Interacted with other developers to connect the app with an API.
- Used social integration through Twitter API.
5AmSolutions (via Toptal)
- Helped create the design and supporting docs.
- Contributed to tech stack selection.
- Developed a medical app with JHipster stack with a cool team of talented distributed developers.
Lead Software Engineer (Consultant)
- Developed a high-load distributed system processing credit card transactions all around Russia.
- Helped design internal projects for maintaining and supporting the card processing system.
- Contributed to the development of a test system for banks and automated the test system to incorporate continuous integration principles.
- Designed an internal project (CRM system + warehouse management system) from scratch with a team of developers.
- Managed, documented, and created application development processes as the head of a small unit.
- Made all design, management, and HR decisions.
- Worked with an external company that was developing a mobile app for our API. Integrated the mobile app.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Created a cross-browser front end based on mockups with Bootstrap and AngularJS.
- Designed and implemented a public REST API for third-party integration.
- Created load tests and solved bottleneck performance problems.
- Developed a web application to manage government paperwork and internal processes.
- Integrated a legacy application with a business process management framework.
Senior Java Developer
- Contributed to the development of a web banking platform for the biggest commercial bank in Russia.
- Collaborated with a great team of developers and shared experience during everyday Kanban meetings.
- Developed an account creation and editing module as team leader.
- Designed part of Jax-WS webservice layer, working on the back-end for the bank platform and other internal bank apps.
- Dove into the Oracle ADF framework and did my best in using its possibilities and advantages.
Middle Java Developer
- Developed a back-end for a banking account system.
- Participated in web banking platform development.
- Dove into the world of JavaEE technologies and frameworks, using it and comparing in real commercial application examples.
- Created unit tests for the banking platform and functions and behaviors for the webservice layer.
- Participated in the introduction and integration of CI with our company development processes.
As a senior software engineer, my role was to maintain high feature quality and product reliability during product growth and enhancement.
Main goals and challenges:
• Decoupling big Groovy/Grails monolith into small Spring microservices, reducing legacy logic, improving quality and test coverage (10% of monolith decoupled so far)
• Participating as a reliability engineer, extinguishing production fires and providing RCA
• Building additional administration and monitoring services, including front end, using Angular/AngularJS
• Developing SSO service and adding multi-zone support
• Increasing performance with the help of AWS Lambda and AWS SQS
Jive Intranet Platformhttps://www.jivesoftware.com/
• Implemented, supported, and continuously enhanced standardized CI/CD pipelines for all Jive microservices.
• Designed and developed a training Bootcamp program for new Jive developers.
• Developed an on-premise solution based on cloud Jive, removing all AWS dependencies and cutting unnecessary modules.
• Improved modularity of the application.
Alfabank Online Banking Platformhttps://click.alfabank.ru
Alfabank Account Management System (Internal)
Moscow Internal Control Unit Information System
HubBox Android App
User Retrofit, Socal API integration.
Double Dog Dare Android App
Used Social API, video feed, camera.
AngularJS, JPA, Spring, Play, Spring MVC, Android SDK, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Hibernate, JUnit, Thymeleaf, Redux, Flask, Bootstrap, ADF, JSF, Apache Wicket, Chrome, Ext JS, Play Framework, Grails, Angular, Spock, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Wickets
Underscore.js, React, Social APIs, Retrofit, JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, jQuery, REST APIs, JDBC, Node.js, JAX-RS, MyBatis
SoapUI, IntelliJ IDEA, Docker Compose, JHipster, Subversion (SVN), Eclipse IDE, Git, Apache JMeter, Apache Tomcat, Gradle, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Android Studio, RubyMine
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Microservices, Kanban, Unit Testing, Load Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, REST, Automated Testing, Key Performance Metrics, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery (CD), Mobile UI Design, Functional Programming, Mobile UX Design, Mobile Design, Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR)
Android, Oracle, Java EE, Amazon Web Services (AWS), IBM WebSphere, Windows, Unix, JBoss, Docker, Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, Apache Kafka, NVIDIA CUDA, Kubernetes
JSON, Spring Data, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL, Redis, Redshift
Android Development, Software Development, Back-end, Architecture, APIs, Full-stack, Multithreading, EclipseLink, Technical Leadership, Payment APIs, Consulting, Amazon RDS, Document Parsing, Email Parsing, PDF, SSL Certificates, Software Architecture, Single Sign-on (SSO), Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Unix Shell Scripting, WebLogic, Responsive Web Apps, Adaptive Design
Master's Degree in Applied Mathematics and Physics
Moscow Aviation University - Moscow