Owner, CTO2014 - PRESENTCloud Nine
Technologies: Zend Framework, CodeIgniter, WordPress, LAMP, Ajax, jQuery, REST, Angular, Elasticsearch, PHP
- Built an internet services log search system using Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Built a Laravel module to expose FreeScout functionalities through an API.
- Handled the website integration of an enterprise-scale ticketing system for a hardware repair shop.
- Supported a national government email management intranet application (PHP, Symfony 2).
- Worked on a Raspberry Pi application (Python, Linux) to benchmark available wireless networks (kubicon.io). Contributed to an API to collect metrics and display data (Laravel 5, Vue.js).
- Integrated Elasticsearch into an online market application (galoo.com).
- Incorporated Typeform into an HR agency's web application (CodeIgniter) using Zapier.
- Built a chatbot for a local business using Amazon Lex (AWS Lex, AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Twilio, Twilio API, AWS CLI, and AWS EC2 API).
- Maintained and wrote content for a personal blog (agilepman.com).
- Set up, hosted, and maintained several personal/small business websites/blogs.
Product Tech Lead for GotCourts.com2014 - 2015CodeSynapses
Technologies: Memcached, Gearman, LAMP, Symfony 2
- Created an emailing job queue consumed by Symfony 2 CLI cronjob using Gearman.
- Included thick client philosophy to the front end.
- Coordinated and executed the API development with external mobile developers.
- Developed a user rules system based on customer-defined settings.
- Acted as a Scrum Master. Maintained the agile spirit when changes threatened to collapse the entire process.
Senior Software Developer, Scrum Master2012 - 2014PS Tech
- Handled integration of insidemaps.com web and mobile applications with a processor-intensive asynchronous processing back end.
- Developed a dynamic environment scaling service for the allocation of new AWS instances as necessary (AWS CLI, AWS EC2 API, AWS EBS).
- Spread agile awareness across the team and company as a Scrum Master.
- Served as a resource for younger colleagues for Linux and Git questions.
Senior Software Developer, Product Lead2011 - 2012ITS
Technologies: Dust.js, TeamCity, NAnt, jQuery, NHibernate, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Services, Windows Services, ASP.NET, C#
- Led a team of three developers working on mirtrak.com.
- Developed a fully automated build process for a Mirtrak server using TeamCity CI server, including everything from source control to uploading a setup executable to an FTP server.
- Resolved scaling/concurrent access issues in a multi-node cluster environment with NHibernate.
- Facilitated requirements analysis and set up the initial architecture for volarian.com (still not publicly released).
- Offered third-line support for Mirtrak clients.
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2011Youngculture
Technologies: Google Maps API, Git, Perforce, Ajax, jQuery, Zend Framework, LAMP
- Developed a full-featured pagination component using ZF1 MVC and jQuery for tilllate.com.
- Implemented a sticker collection game for tilllate.com.
- Facilitated the switching of team source control to Git. Transitioned the team to internal use of a Git workflow while successfully maintaining Perforce changelists for bluewin.ch (swisscom.ch info portal).
- Helped attract an enterprise client with my ability to understand a custom CMS codebase and build an operations manual from source code.
- Developed a Google Map for ruetli.ch.
- Worked on front-end maintenance of a retired xtrazone.ch application for Swisscom.
Senior Software Developer2002 - 2007Agena
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Access, .NET, AWT, Java, Ajax, LAMP
- Led the process of designing and developing simple portal CMS solutions using LAMP.
- Built multiple series of tools for enriching calculus: interactive animations in Java (applets) from scratch.
- Led the development of Viking - Master Key System management solution using C# and MS Access.
- Developed a script to automate the generation of MS Word documents from MS Access records (VBA).
- Built a bird flu preparedness map for the UN using Flash and ActionScript.