Owner | CTO2014 - PRESENTCloud Nine
Technologies: Zend Framework, CodeIgniter, WordPress, LAMP, Ajax, jQuery, REST, Angular, Elasticsearch, PHP, Twilio API, Twilio, Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS S3, AWS EC2, AWS ALB, Selenium, APIs, REST APIs
- Served as a tech lead on a machine learning-backed image processing application.
- Built an internet services log search system using ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Developed a Laravel module to expose FreeScout functionalities through an API.
- Worked on data import procedures from various payment processors into a billing and analytics platform (PHP, CodeIgniter, Stripe, Sofortüberweisung, APIs).
- Supported a national government email management intranet application (PHP, Symfony 2).
- Contributed to the development of a Raspberry Pi application (Python, Linux) to benchmark available wireless networks (kubicon.io). Contributed to an API to collect metrics and display data (Laravel 5, Vue.js, Selenium).
- Integrated Elasticsearch into an online market application (galoo.com).
- Incorporated Typeform into an HR agency's web application (CodeIgniter) using Zapier.
- Built a chatbot for a local business using Amazon Lex (AWS Lex, AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Twilio, Twilio API, AWS CLI, and AWS EC2 API).
- Set up, hosted, and maintained several personal/small business websites/blogs.
Senior Back-end Developer2020 - 2021Polus Tech
Technologies: Java, Elasticsearch, Spring Data Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Spring, Ansible, Git
- Contributed to the development and support of an embedded web application (Java, Spring Boot, Tomcat, Elasticsearch, Docker, PostgreSQL).
- Worked on semi-automatic provisioning of hardware units shipped with the software we built (Bash, Ansible).
- Fixed bugs in a legacy C application—I am not a C/C++ programmer, but I find C a matter of general knowledge.
Product Tech Lead for GotCourts.com2014 - 2015CodeSynapses
Technologies: Memcached, Gearman, LAMP, Symfony 2, SaaS
- Created an emailing job queue consumed by Symfony 2 CLI cron job using Gearman.
- Included thick client philosophy to the front end.
- Coordinated and executed the API development with external mobile developers.
- Developed a user rules system based on customer-defined settings.
- Acted as a Scrum Master. Maintained the agile spirit when changes threatened to collapse the entire process.
Senior Software Developer | Scrum Master2012 - 2014PS Tech
- Handled the integration of insidemaps.com web and mobile applications with a processor-intensive asynchronous processing back end.
- Developed a dynamic environment scaling service to allocate new AWS instances as necessary (AWS CLI, AWS EC2 API, AWS EBS).
- Spread agile awareness across the team and company as a Scrum Master.
- Served as a resource for younger colleagues for Linux and Git questions.
Senior Software Developer | Product Lead2011 - 2012ITS
Technologies: Dust.js, TeamCity, NAnt, jQuery, NHibernate, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Services, Windows Services, ASP.NET, C#
- Led a team of three developers working on mirtrak.com.
- Developed a fully automated build process for a Mirtrak server using TeamCity CI server, including everything from source control to uploading a setup executable to an FTP server.
- Resolved scaling/concurrent access issues in a multi-node cluster environment with NHibernate.
- Facilitated the requirements analysis and set up the initial architecture for volarian.com (still not publicly released).
- Worked at level 3 support for users of desktop activity tracking applications.
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2011Youngculture
Technologies: Google Maps API, Git, Perforce, Ajax, jQuery, Zend Framework, LAMP
- Developed a full-featured pagination component using ZF1 MVC and jQuery for tilllate.com.
- Implemented a sticker collection game for tilllate.com.
- Facilitated the switching of team source control to Git. Transitioned the team to internal use of a Git workflow while successfully maintaining Perforce change lists for bluewin.ch (swisscom.ch info portal).
- Helped attract an enterprise client with my ability to understand a custom CMS codebase and build an operations manual from source code.
- Developed a Google Map for ruetli.ch.
- Worked on front-end maintenance of a retired xtrazone.ch application for Swisscom, a major telecommunications provider in Switzerland.
Senior Software Developer2002 - 2007Agena
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Access, .NET, AWT, Java, Ajax, LAMP
- Led the process of designing and developing simple portal CMS solutions using LAMP.
- Built multiple series of tools for enriching calculus: interactive animations in Java (applets) from scratch.
- Led the development of Viking—a master key system management solution—using C# and Microsoft Access.
- Developed a script to automate the generation of Microsoft Word documents from Microsoft Access records (VBA).
- Built a bird flu preparedness map for the UN using Flash and ActionScript.