Owner | CTO2014 - PRESENTCloud Nine
Technologies: Zend Framework, CodeIgniter, WordPress, LAMP, Ajax, jQuery, REST, Angular, Elasticsearch, PHP, Twilio API, Twilio, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Amazon EC2, AWS ALB, Selenium, APIs, REST APIs, Back-end Development, Full-stack, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, DevOps, Laravel
- Consulted on a marketplace that's still in beta; this included back-end development and DevOps work using AWS: Lambda, DynamoDB, Terraform, and CloudFormation.
- Served as a tech lead on a machine learning-backed image processing application.
- Built an internet services log search system using the ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana).
- Developed a Laravel module to expose FreeScout functionalities through an API.
- Worked on data import procedures from various payment processors into a billing and analytics platform (PHP, CodeIgniter, Stripe, SOFORT, and APIs).
- Supported a national government email management intranet application (PHP and Symfony 2).
- Helped to develop a Raspberry Pi application (Python, Linux) to benchmark available wireless networks (Kubicon.io). Contributed to an API to collect metrics and display data (Laravel 5, Vue, and Selenium).
- Integrated Elasticsearch into an online market application (Galoo.com).
- Incorporated Typeform into an HR agency's web application (CodeIgniter) using Zapier.
- Built a chatbot for a local business using Amazon Lex (AWS Lex, AWS API Gateway, AWS Lambda, Twilio, Twilio API, AWS CLI, and AWS EC2 API).
PHP Developer2021 - 2022PolicyFly, Inc.
- Made successful changes to the state tax calculation logic; maintained an existing platform.
- Updated reporting spreadsheets to the new specifications.
- Improved the printable policy output to the new specifications.
Senior Back-end Developer2020 - 2021Polus Tech
Technologies: Java, Elasticsearch, Spring Data Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Spring, Ansible, Git, Back-end, Back-end Development
- Contributed to developing and supporting an embedded web application; technologies included Java, Spring Boot, Tomcat, Elasticsearch, Docker, and PostgreSQL.
- Worked on semi-automatic provisioning of hardware units shipped with the software we built (Bash, Ansible).
- Fixed bugs in a legacy C application—I am not a C/C++ programmer, but I find C a matter of general knowledge.
MySQL Developer2020 - 2020Martingale Media, LLC
Technologies: MySQL, SQL, PHP, Stripe API, Stripe Payments, Stripe, SOFORT, Payment APIs
- Integrated the Stripe payment processor into the reporting platform.
- Implemented the SOFORT payment processor into the reporting platform.
- Integrated the POLi payment processor into the reporting platform.
Product Tech Lead2014 - 2015CodeSynapses
Technologies: Memcached, Gearman, LAMP, Symfony 2, SaaS, Back-end Development
- Created an emailing job queue consumed by Symfony 2 CLI cron job using Gearman; acted as a product lead for GotCourts.com.
- Included a thick client to the application's front end.
- Coordinated and executed the API development with external mobile developers.
- Developed a user rules system based on customer-defined settings.
- Acted as a scrum master and maintained the agile spirit when changes threatened to collapse the entire process.
Senior Software Developer | Scrum Master2012 - 2014PS Tech
- Handled the integration of Insidemaps.com web and mobile applications with a processor-intensive asynchronous processing back end.
- Developed a dynamic environment scaling service to allocate new AWS instances as necessary (AWS CLI, AWS EC2 API, AWS EBS).
- Spread agile awareness across the team and company as a scrum master.
- Served as a resource for younger colleagues for Linux and Git questions.
Senior Software Developer | Product Lead2011 - 2012ITS
Technologies: Dust.js, TeamCity, NAnt, jQuery, NHibernate, Microsoft SQL Server, Web Services, Windows Services, ASP.NET, C#, Back-end Development
- Led a team of three developers working on Mirtrak.com.
- Developed a fully automated build process for a Mirtrak server using the TeamCity CI server, including everything from source control to uploading a setup executable to an FTP server.
- Resolved scaling/concurrent access issues in a multi-node cluster environment with NHibernate.
- Facilitated the requirements analysis and set up the initial architecture for Volarian.com (still not publicly released).
- Worked at level 3 support for users of desktop activity tracking applications.
Senior Software Developer2007 - 2011Youngculture
Technologies: Google Maps API, Git, Perforce, Ajax, jQuery, Zend Framework, LAMP, Back-end Development
- Developed a full-featured pagination component using ZF1 MVC and jQuery for Tilllate.com.
- Implemented a sticker collection game for Tilllate.com.
- Facilitated the switching of team source control to Git. Transitioned the team to internal use of a Git workflow while successfully maintaining Perforce change lists for Bluewin.ch (Swisscom.ch info portal).
- Helped attract an enterprise client with my ability to understand a custom CMS codebase and build an operations manual from source code.
- Developed a Google Map for Ruetli.ch.
- Worked on front-end maintenance of a retired Xtrazone.ch application for Swisscom, a major telecommunications provider in Switzerland.
Senior Software Developer2002 - 2007Agena
Technologies: Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Microsoft Access, .NET, AWT, Java, Ajax, LAMP
- Led the process of designing and developing simple portal CMS solutions using LAMP.
- Built multiple series of tools for enriching calculus: interactive animations in Java (applets) from scratch.
- Led the development of Viking—a master key system management solution—using C# and Microsoft Access.
- Developed a script to automate the generation of Microsoft Word documents from Microsoft Access records (VBA).
- Built a bird flu preparedness map for the UN using Flash and ActionScript.