Data Scientist2017 - PRESENTCensia
Technologies: Python, Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, Zeppelin, Jupyter
- Derived meaningful insights from semi-structured big data in the terabyte range.
- Implemented NLP algorithms for semantic clustering, conflation, and text understanding.
- Designed and scaled-up novel algorithms for scalable machine learning analytics on terabytes of data.
- Visualized insights and patterns.
- Derived and delivered product features from data.
Research Assistant2012 - PRESENTMathematical Institute of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts
Technologies: Java, Apache Spark, Tomcat, JSP, JSF, JPA, Hibernate, Spring, Lucene, eXistdb, MATLAB/Octave
- Developed a software tool for early aneurysm prediction using neural networks and Apache Spark.
- Worked on a prediction model for analyzing tensiomyography signals.
- Worked as the lead back-end developer for a wiki-based system for a cultural heritage presentation with rich metadata management. The system was written in Java using eXistdb for storage.
- Implemented a module for topic modeling.
- Developed a software framework in Java for complex dynamic form generation based on XSD schema.
- Worked on accelerating and improving scalability of machine learning algorithms for L1 regularized structured prediction.
- Ran the research on novel word embedding methods for various NLP tasks.
Lead Technical Engineer2016 - 2018Magnaf.ai
Technologies: Python, Node.js, Machine Learning, Elasticsearch, Serverless, Google Cloud, AWS, Docker
- Designed and implemented scalable microservice platform for image processing and entity recognition from the text (Python/Node.js, Google Cloud, Docker, TensorFlow, Keras, and Scikit-learn).
- Designed a data processing platform with the semantic matching of extracted entities, based on CQRS and event-sourcing paradigm (Python/TensorFlow, and Elasticsearch).
- Created and optimized REST API using Node.js and Swagger for several bottleneck services.
- Defined data collection, preprocessing, and annotation workflows, and outlined the design for annotation tool custom made for the domain.
- Created deployment scripts and procedures (Docker, Node.js, Google Cloud App Engine, AWS Beanstalk, and ZEIT).
Software Developer2012 - 2016Vitid
Technologies: Java, Spring, JSP, JSF, JPA, Hibernate, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Implemented an ERP system in Java.
- Worked on a business intelligence module.
- Developed a human resources and employee payroll module.
Research Scholar2014 - 2014Center for Data Analytics and Biomedical Informatics | Temple University
Technologies: MATLAB, Octave
- Developed an algorithm for fast learning of a sparse Gaussian Markov Random field from big data.
- Worked on developing novel algorithms for fast structured regression on large heterogeneous graphs.
- Built a large-scale prediction model for sepsis prediction from inpatient hospital data.