Data Scientist2017 - PRESENTCensia
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Big Data, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Pandas, Python, Apache Spark, Jupyter, TensorFlow, Keras, AWS S3, Spark ML, Git, Data Mining, Research, Natural Language Processing (NLP), REST, Scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebook, Databricks, Plotly, AWS, Spark, PySpark, PyTorch, NumPy, Data Engineering, Zeppelin
- Derived meaningful insights from semi-structured big data in the terabyte range.
- Implemented NLP algorithms for semantic clustering, conflation, and text understanding.
- Designed and scaled-up novel algorithms for scalable machine learning analytics on terabytes of data.
- Visualized insights and patterns.
- Derived and delivered product features from data.
Research Assistant2012 - PRESENTMathematical Institute of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Developed a software tool for early aneurysm prediction using neural networks and Apache Spark.
- Worked on a prediction model for analyzing tensiomyography signals.
- Worked as the lead back-end developer for a wiki-based system for a cultural heritage presentation with rich metadata management. The system was written in Java using eXistdb for storage.
- Implemented a module for topic modeling.
- Developed a software framework in Java for complex dynamic form generation based on XSD schema.
- Worked on accelerating and improving scalability of machine learning algorithms for L1 regularized structured prediction.
- Ran the research on novel word embedding methods for various NLP tasks.
Lead Technical Engineer2016 - 2018Magnaf.ai
- Designed and implemented scalable microservice platform for image processing and entity recognition from the text (Python/Node.js, Google Cloud, Docker, TensorFlow, Keras, and Scikit-learn).
- Designed a data processing platform with the semantic matching of extracted entities, based on CQRS and event-sourcing paradigm (Python/TensorFlow, and Elasticsearch).
- Created and optimized REST API using Node.js and Swagger for several bottleneck services.
- Defined data collection, preprocessing, and annotation workflows, and outlined the design for annotation tool custom made for the domain.
- Created deployment scripts and procedures (Docker, Node.js, Google Cloud App Engine, AWS Beanstalk, and ZEIT).
Software Developer2012 - 2016Vitid
Technologies: Data Analytics, Linux, Git, Apache Tomcat, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hibernate, JPA, JSF, JSP, Spring, Java
- Implemented an ERP system in Java.
- Worked on a business intelligence module.
- Developed a human resources and employee payroll module.
Research Scholar2014 - 2014Center for Data Analytics and Biomedical Informatics | Temple University
Technologies: Big Data, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, Pandas, Jupyter, Data Mining, Research, Scikit-learn, Jupyter Notebook, NumPy, Data Engineering, Octave, MATLAB
- Developed an algorithm for fast learning of a sparse Gaussian Markov Random field from big data.
- Worked on developing novel algorithms for fast structured regression on large heterogeneous graphs.
- Built a large-scale prediction model for sepsis prediction from inpatient hospital data.