Vu Nam Nguyen
Verified Expert in Engineering
Vu Nam is a software engineer that has worked with Fortune 500 tech-focused companies. He's creative with a high standard of technical implementation—specializing exclusively in full-stack roles in greenfield projects to work with the latest tech. His most used tech stack is React, Redux, TypeScript, RxJS, GraphQL, Node.js, PostgreSQL, Koa, Docker, Terraform and AWS. This stack enables him to build things the right way—thoroughly and quickly.
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on was a digital transformation project for booking train rides across Europe.
Senior Full-stack Engineer
Strike Class Ltd
- Set up a smooth marketplace platform using React/GraphQL TypeScript and styled-components served by a Node.js back end.
- Established several GraphQL microservices incorporated as remote schemas in a Hasura system. Set up a PostgreSQL database with seeds and migrations.
- Implemented third-party APIs such as Stripe to incorporate payments and integrated several different AWS services such as Cognitio and Lambdas for authentication.
- Created an embedded IoT system communicating with an MQTT AWS IoT.
- Implemented AWS Lambda and microservices in Node.js.
- Built a GraphQL API using Hasura and set up postgreSQL database with migrations and seeds.
- Implemented continuous integration and automated ECR registry/Fargate.
- Implemented secure authorization and authentications using AWS Cognito.
Contract Full-stack Engineer
- Created a geospatial data platform for the commercial properties market.
- Set up an automated date ingestion system using Kafka and Python scripts.
- Created a front-end UI for sorting and finding specific data about buildings, location, planned works, infrastructure, house/office prices, and taxes, etc.
Contract Front-End Lead
- Created a mobile progressive web app using the latest technologies.
- Acted in a lead engineering role in the innovation teams for Booking.com and BookingGo.com.
Contract Full-stack Engineer
- Worked on a digital transformation team to convert the Trainline platform to React/Redux and expand business goals into the European market.
- Implemented best practices for two greenfield web apps.
Senior | Lead Full-Stack Engineer
- Developed a greenfield React/Redux eCommerce platform supporting seven brands under the Arcadia group.
- Played a lead role in setting up build tools and CSS.
- Led a team for marketing campaigns such as London Fashion week; used React.
- Led, as a senior developer, in the construction of a high-traffic isomorphic eCommerce mobile/web app.
Yellowfizz Digital Agency
- Led the development in a digital marketing agency.
- Chose the right tech stack and guided the projects on a technical level.
- Managed projects and kept updated with new developments; introduced build tools and recommended a switch from a heavy PHP back-end stack to Backbone.js and React.
- Worked on a variety of projects from marketing apps, website/shops, PHP platforms/APIs, and single-page applications.
BookingGo Driver App
Within a month, the project grew from an initial MVP consisting of a few drivers to hundreds of drivers spanning Amsterdam, Prague, and Barcelona. The tech stack used mainly focused on Node.js, React/Redux deployed on AWS, Docker for local development, CI, AWS Kinesis, Cognito, ECS, Lambda, and RDS.
CBRE Property Platform
I had a heavy full-stack role using React, Redux, GraphQL, Python, Mapbox, and PostGIS. I was also responsible for setting up a microservice architecture on AWS for deployment using Lambda and ECS.
Arcadia Group eCommerce
During my time here, I also took up lead roles in seasonal campaigns such as Topshop/Topman for London Fashion Week and the launch of Beyonce's brand, Ivy Park.
Brookz Merger and Acquisition Platform
Trainline Web, Account, and Call Center Apps
After this, I worked on a call-center application where I had a leading UI role. The app was built for customer service; it could retrieve customer data and apply similar actions as customers. This project also used the same tech stack.
React, Node.js, WebGL, RxJS
Terraform, Webpack, Illustrator 2018, Photoshop 2018, Sketch
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Vrije Universiteit - Amsterdam, Netherlands