Contract .NET Consultant2019 - 2020Silver Fern Farms
Technologies: Angular, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET, C#, .NET Core
- Built a customer self-service portal in .NET Core 3.1, Angular 7, and hosted completely on Azure using PAAS components resulting in thousands of fewer "manual" paper form registrations.
- Oversaw VSTS/Azure DevOps usage and standards within large enterprise company including Agile boards, Azure Pipelines and moving from TFS to GIT.
- Took over the workload of the only two engineers at a large enterprise company with over a dozen WPF/Winform applications, who both left at the same time. With zero documentation or tribal knowledge left in the company, I kept the train moving.
Software Engineer2018 - 2019Timely
Technologies: Azure, Node.js, C#, .NET Core, .NET
- Took over technical leadership of internal API's used to service our mobile IOS offerings to over 10,000 SAAS customers.
- Used tools like New Relic, dotTrace, dotMemory, and BenchmarkDotNet. Reduced average load time of API requests from 300+ ms to below 150 ms.
- Built microservice in .NET Core and Node.js to service Timely's new Zapier integration. All hosted on Azure PAAS including service bus, websites, and Azure SQL.
Technical Lead2016 - 2018Provoke Solutions
Technologies: Azure, Kentico, Microsoft Bot Framework, C#, .NET
- Built a chatbot for a large Australiasian bank to reduce call center wait times. Utilized a wide range of Azure services including LUIS, Microsoft Bot Framework, QnA Service, Sentiment Analysis, Bing Search API, and Cosmos DB.
- Served as the tech lead for a custom self service portal for a utilities company built on top of Kentico, with integrations with payment providers, Sendgrid, and a custom billing solution.
- Acted as the tech lead on a self-service portal project built using AngularJS and .NET. Including integrations built on top of UltraESB.
- Oversaw the move from TFS to GIT and led the charge on GIT documentation and training.
Engineering Team Lead2015 - 2016Unleashed Software
Technologies: Elasticsearch, CouchDB, RabbitMQ, Amazon, Magento, Intuit QuickBooks, Xero, Shopify, TeamCity, GitHub, Azure, C#, .NET
- Led the systems team which took ownership of all build/release processes, monitoring/logging systems, and introducing new platforms/architecture intro the C#/.NET codebase.
- Built integrations with several third-party APIs including Xero, Intuit Quickbooks, Shopify, Amazon, and Magento.
- Oversaw the introduction of the CI/CD process of building one-click builds integrating Github, Azure, AWS, and TeamCity.
- Built POC for new technologies including Azure ServiceBus, RabbitMQ, CouchDB, Azure Cloud Service Workers, and Elasticsearch.
Senior Engineer2013 - 2015Findly
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Azure, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, .NET, C#
- Introduced Elasticsearch to search across 20 million records that combined included terabytes of data from resumes, social connections, work history, and education.
- Became an expert on MongoDB, including all its shortfalls, to try and build a scalable system capable of hosting 20 million records across a cluster of three nodes.
- Oversaw the move away from Azure Storage queues to RabbitMQ to handle peak loads of delivering over 10 million emails within hours, not days.
- Built and maintained a fleet of microservices built in .NET and Node.js via both HTTP and Service Bus.