Senior Back-end Engineer2021 - 2022Klarna
Technologies: Node.js, TypeScript, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microservices, Apache Kafka, Redis, Axios, Back-end Development, Solution Architecture
- Worked in a team of eight people to develop and maintain browsers within the Klarna application.
- Took responsibility for the back-end infrastructure of the back-end facing front-end layer and internal service to serve Klarna users.
- Used Node.js and TypeScript to develop and maintain back-end services that handle more than 10 million daily requests.
- Wrote testable, documented code that was highly maintainable.
- Ensured maximum performance, compatibility, and a world-class user experience across devices and form factors.
- Stayed up to date on emerging technologies and frameworks.
Technologies: Node.js, TypeScript, Amazon Web Services (AWS), NPM, Microservices, Storybook, Antd, GraphQL, Back-end Development
- Used modern web technologies and frameworks to develop front-end distribution systems for components and libraries across the whole retail center.
- Wrote testable, documented code that was highly maintainable.
- Developed for maximum performance, compatibility, and a world-class user experience across all devices and form factors.
- Collaborated with UI/UX designers to improve usability and accessibility.
- Automated repetitive tasks when possible, using customized scripts.
Lead Software Engineer and Architect2019 - 2020Anheuser-Busch
Technologies: Node.js, TypeScript, React, GRAPH, REST APIs, Apache Kafka, Microservices, Azure, Azure Cloud Services, Kubernetes, NoSQL, MongoDB, Payment APIs, Payment Processing, Fintech, PostgreSQL, Architecture, Back-end Development, Solution Architecture
- Spearheaded the back-end infrastructure development for a new payment service in the Southern American region with an expected 1 million daily users.
- Designed the overall back-end framework (security, documentation, deployment, testing, and so on).
- Implemented an e-wallet, single-page application with React and Webhooks.
- Created checkout components for external usage by customers and published them to the npm library.
- Collaborated with a team of ten developers to implement back-end services by GraphQL.
- Worked with the rest of the squad and external service providers to ensure the back-end services needed in each iteration were delivered.
- Ensured that the pace of delivery was protected by applying best engineering practices.
- Offered a strategic direction on best design practices.
- Provided updates to date documentation at every stage of development.
Lead Back-end Developer (Node.js)2018 - 2019Yara
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Unit Testing, Auth0, SQL, Kubernetes, Docker, MUI (Material UI), Elastic, Redis, GraphQL, TypeScript, Node.js, Back-end Development
- Worked with engineering managers to construct the new team to build a new platform used by the Yara sales team in more than ten countries.
- Constructed a project with TypeScript, GraphQL, and caching, using Redis on the back end and React with hooks and Material-UI on the front end.
- Consulted the business team to draw a reliable roadmap.
- Worked mainly as a back-end developer during my time here.
- Interviewed candidates for permanents roles to continue working on the project.
- Worked with the SRE team to ship deployments with CircleCI, Docker, and Kubernetes.
Lead Back-end and Microservices Engineer2017 - 2019Techloop
Technologies: Auth0, SQL, PostgreSQL, REST APIs, RESTful Development, APIs, Cron, Git, Koa, AMQP, RabbitMQ, React, GraphQL, Microservices, Node.js
- Developed the back end for a platform that serves 100,000 users and 12,000 companies.
- Took responsibility as a lead programmer for the whole back-end infrastructure, including microservices and RESTful APIs.
- Proposed a simplified but scalable system architecture that is being used at the moment in the production environment.
- Introduced GraphQL to the platform and worked with the front-end team to integrate it.
- Used automated solutions to accelerate the development process.
- Extended the existing API with more features and functionalities.
- Tracked tasks, features, and bugs with Jira and Asana.
- Implemented a data-driven approach to support the marketing and sales teams.
- Created a one-page application using React and custom components on top of MUI v4.
- Worked with the business development manager on breaking down new business models into realistic technical tasks with a clear roadmap.
React Developer2017 - 2017International Committee of the Red Cross (via Iosbar Blue Infinity)
Technologies: Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jest, TypeScript, Node.js, React
- Developed a custom CRM system for the International Committee Red Cross.
- Tracked features and fixed bugs using Microsofts TFS platform and Microsoft PBI. The platform has been launched successfully and has been in production used internally by ICRC.
- Provided full unit testing and clear documentation.
Full-stack Developer2017 - 2017Dether.io
Technologies: Git, React Native, Google Maps, Mapbox, Redux Form, Jest, Redux, React, Node.js
- Implemented a single-page, live-map platform to show users and shops.
- Extended the API for the Dether.io platform with a couple of endpoints.
- Formulated and documented technical architecture, components, and strategies for mitigating technical challenges.
Full-stack Developer2016 - 2017VariSolutions
Technologies: Mocha, Git, Heroku, Redux, Testing, Jest, Express.js, Redis, Node.js, React
- Worked part-time with the core team to grow the main back-end server using Node.js.
- Implemented new features and pages using React for A/B testing software.
- Wrote unit, end-to-end, and integration tests using Mocha and Jest.
- Optimized the performance by moving aggregated data to Redis server storage.
- Implemented an A/B testing solution to determine the better-performing variations.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Globe IT
Technologies: SQL, Git, C++, Loopback, WebRTC, Python, MySQL, Zend Framework, jQuery, CSS, PHP, Redis, Express.js, Socket.IO, AngularJS, Node.js, Back-end
- Designed a complete tracking system for GPS tracking devices with a live real-time dashboard using Node.js, Socket.IO, and AngularJS.
- Created and designed a decoder server to handle a GPS binary device’s data and send commands.
- Optimized a web application's speed and data structures by combining Memcached and MySQL databases.
- Led the API development of a new eCommerce/digital platform (PHP and Node.js).
- Designed a dashboard along with a complete solution for a chat module for an eCommerce project using PHP and AngularJS.
- Maintained existing eCommerce and digital applications to meet the ever-evolving demands of the business (PHP).
- Implemented an online payment system for eCommerce services.
- Developed from scratch an interactive web conference video platform that hosted video rooms with text and voice capabilities using WebRTC, Socket.IO, and jQuery.
- Used AngularJS as the development framework to build a dashboard, a single-page application, and a more interactive front end.
- Developed a web-scraping application along with the entire server-side application using Python.
Web Developer Intern2014 - 2014Mamania.pl
- Worked on various projects where more experienced, senior developers guided me.
- Integrated and tested an online payment system to the eCommerce platform.
- Worked primarily as a full-stack developer as part of my bachelor's degree thesis.