Verified Expert in Engineering
Senior Solution Architect Developer
Walid is a certified architect, expert in digital solution delivery, agile architecture, microservices, cloud solutions, and API-based integrations. He creates resilient, scalable, and maintainable architecture and leads teams to delivery. Walid defined the architecture for a cloud-based HR system supporting 28,000 employees, designed a high-security system to eliminate manual processing of thousands of law enforcement documents, and created geospatial projects for a public security department.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud, Architecture, Agile, Microservices, Strategic Design, APIs, REST, Azure, Mobile Apps
The most amazing...
...app that I have architected combines cloud and AI to provide Canadian entrepreneurs with business recommendations on their mobile device.
Senior Solution Architect
National Bank of Canada
- Assisted product owners, analysts, and development teams to deliver line of credit origination, document exchange, and account opening products.
- Elaborated and communicated the documentation standards to the architecture team.
- Guided several initiatives related to the protection of personal information and financial compliance.
- Collaborated with product owners and led the technical team to develop the market's first mobile app to help entrepreneurs better manage their business.
- Led the architecture of Express Loan, a mobile app that reduced loan process time from ten days to 30 minutes.
- Acted as the solution architect for nine mobile apps aimed at improving the efficiency and capacity of business development managers.
- Implemented an electronic signature solution for business loans, increasing customer satisfaction and reducing travel time by 50% for business development managers.
- Served as the representative of the mobility stream for enterprise architecture - data lake, AI, analytics, IAM, API management, and cloud initiatives.
Ville de Montreal
- Defined the architecture for a cloud-based HR system to support 28,000 employees and 13 collective agreements.
- Elaborated on the enterprise architecture of the Judiciary Affairs sector to reduce the exuberant costs of redundant systems.
- Designed a high-security system to eliminate manual processing of thousands of law enforcement documents.
- Created geospatial projects for the public security department.
- Designed the architecture for several large systems such as a graduate's admissions system, incident management system, employee portal, on-train mobile platform, and other systems.
- Conduct architecture audits and recommended corrective actions.
- Conducted vendor selection processes through formal RFPs.
- Developed a mobile software development college certification program to help developers reintegrate the market with required skills.
BDC Mobile Apphttps://apps.apple.com/ca/app/bdc-mobile/id1489622115
Mindful and Fit
Agile, Microservices, REST
Mobility, Architecture, APIs, App Integration, Mobile Apps, Solution Architecture, Cloud, Identity & Access Management (IAM), Digital Signatures, Enterprise Architecture, Request for Proposal (RFP), Strategic Design, Cost Cutting, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Engineering, Computer Science
Android, Web, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, MuleSoft, Oracle, SharePoint, iOS
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), .NET, React Native
AWS AppSync, Amazon Cognito
Master's Degree in Computer Science
McGill University - Montreal, Canada
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Computer and Communication Engineering
American University of Beirut - Beirut, Lebanon
AWS Solutions Architect Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Amazon Web Services
Canadian Security Clearance
Government of Canada